VIRUS ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelia

Cadet
Here is a copy of an e-mail I got from my sister. Check your computers, folks! I found this virus on my c-drive.

Unfortunately a virus has been passed to me through an address book which has infected my address book. Since you are in my address book, you will probably find it in your computer too. The virus (called jdgd.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by address book, whether or not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Basically, that means you will pass the virus along unknowingly, as I did. I was sent this email, and am now passing it on to you so you know how to check for the virus and get rid of it. Please do this. It is very simple and takes about 2 minutes.

1. Go to start, then click your (find) or (search) option

2. In the folder option type the name jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure to search your c drive and all subfolders and any other drives you may have

4 click (find now)

5 the virus has a teddy bear icon with the name:

jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!!! 6 go to (edit,) on the menu bar,
and select delete. It will then go to the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all of the people in your address book so that they may eradicate the virus from their own address books.

To do this:

1. open a new e-mail message

2. click the address book icon or button

3. highlight every name and

add to "bcc"

4. copy this message and paste to email.

This will affect every one in your address book so send it now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

yea, i've heard of this virus, my grandma had this virus in her computer, i think she had gotten it from my mom, apparentally she had the virus mutiple times, and it had the cute little teddy bear attachment, don't open it though, just delete it.

Ophelia...you are able to close the thread. It's in the drop down menu on the left hand side. I'll close it down anyways. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back