Computers What OS are you running?

Martin

Cadet
So what kind of OS are you running on your computer(s)?
------

I'm using Ubuntu and Windows 7. The only real reason I still use Win7 is because sometimes I just can't be bothered working around things in Linux. Wine can be a bitch.

Win 7 here. Eventually I'll migrate to Win8, but I usually wait til the first service pack comes out. At work I still use DOS :D (have a lot of old gear still in service out there).

My work laptop is a quad boot :wtf: DOS, Win98, Win Xp and Win 7

Win 7 here. Eventually I'll migrate to Win8, but I usually wait til the first service pack comes out. At work I still use DOS :D (have a lot of old gear still in service out there).

My work laptop is a quad boot :O DOS, Win98, Win Xp and Win 7
I really don't like Win 8 as it stands right now... The Ribbon UI bothers me so much >_>

Debian Linux (general use OS/programming), Windows 7 (gaming), Windows XP (video editing, soon to be on Win7), and FreeBSD (servers).

Windows 8 and love it. Beyond the shiny new things, it's fast and very functional.
What would you say are the strongest points for Win8? My new laptop will have windows 8 installed as default but I've been considering just replacing it with Windows 7.

What would you say are the strongest points for Win8? My new laptop will have windows 8 installed as default but I've been considering just replacing it with Windows 7.
I wouldn't bother downgrading. It's quick, intuitive and very peripheral friendly, not had to do a single driver hunt.

Back