Why did Sloane lie to Barnett about his daughter?

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
...and I just don't understand what the hell's going on.

Why did he make Barnett think that Sydney is his daughter? He knew his daughter was someone else - now he knows her name is Nadia. What's up with that?

I had thought of this a long time ago of course but hadn't asked here. I'm sure someone already talked about this but I couldn't find anything on it.

he didn't lie about that ... he insinuated it and Barnett concluded that ... he never said "yes, Syd is my daughter" ... Barnett was the one assuming that he referred to Syd ... ;)

...because he's evil and likes ****ing with people's heads?

Seriously he spent a good ten mintues waxing lyrical about how manipulating people is nearly second nature to him and you expect that anything he says should be taken at face value?

The coversation goes like this:

*SLOANE: You want my secret? I'll tell you, but only you. I have betrayed people, many of whom deserved it. But only one didn't. It was a long time ago. I sometimes try to convince myself that it was worth it, that she was worth it.
*BARNETT: What is this, you had an affair?
*SLOANE: Yes. It was Irina Derevko. Sydney's mother. Jack never knew. Emily, my wife, she never knew. Irina and I pledged to take that secret to our graves.
*BARNETT: Are you telling me Sydney is your daughter?
*SLOANE: I never tried to prove it, one way or the other. But the strength that Sydney finds within, I like to believe that comes from me. Hmm, how about that. The world didn't come to an end.

He never said "Yes, Sydney is my daughter", he just let Barnett fill in the blanks ;)

Back