Wings To Fly

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Here it is guys - much anticipated as usual

First: Note that this is a companion not a sequal so if you didn't read Invisible you can still read this because it will totally make sense ^_^
tho i dont suspect thats much of a problem because most of u have read Invisible

Title: Wings To Fly
Author: SkyGirl5 (Janet)
Ship: s/v
category: VERY ANGSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I forgot to thank all my betas: Amy, Shelby, Katy, Carolyn, Ashley, Louise and of course Juju :hug:

check it out - the lyrics are importnant!!!!!!!!!!

Wings To Fly

Chapter 1
Sydney Bristow opened the windows to her apartment on the morning of a breezy August day. She had the day off from work and was planning on spending most of the day cleaning and throwing away some of her old junk before she needed to go shopping so she could make dinner for her boyfriend, Jason Ryan. She welcomed this day off since she hadn’t taken a personal day since she had begun her job two years earlier.

After graduating with a Masters degree in Accounting Sydney had taken a job as an auditor for a small company in southern California. She had received a decent number of potential employers after graduating at the top of her class at UCLA, but all but one required her to move a great distance away and she just couldn’t bear leaving the place that had been her home since birth.

Once all the windows in her second floor apartment were opened Sydney pulled her long brown hair up into a tight knot on her head and began to vacuum. Once finished, she threw in a load of laundry. She flicked on her radio as she folded her clothes and began to put them away. As she was hanging up her shirts a pile of dusty boxes lying at the bottom of her closet caught her eye. She smiled softly to herself and bent down to pick them up.

She winced slightly and rubbed her wrist that was wrapped tightly in a bandage. “Stupid sprain” she mumbled under her breath as she picked up the boxes. She carried them to the center of the floor in her bedroom and sat down in front of them with her legs tucked underneath her. She picked up the first box. It was an old shoe box that was labeled with the names “Will & Julian”

Will had been her very first boyfriend in high school. He was the captain of the football team and all round good guy. That was until he cheated her and then dumped her. In high school he had assaulted her and was arrested for it. The last she heard he was doing time in jail for armed robbery. Julian had been one of the boyfriends she had had more recently. In fact he was her boyfriend right before Jason. She had meet him her senior year in college and they dated for almost a year, until he too cheated on her.

This shoebox held old mementos that belonged to them that she couldn’t bring herself to throw away. Even though at the current time she disliked them both, she was too sentimental to throw away the things that reminded her of the good times they had shared together, however brief they had been. She had had only one other boyfriend but they dated for such a brief period of time that she had nothing worth saving from him.

The other box she had removed from her closet was rather large. It had the word “Michael” written on the top in very large letters. Sydney lifted the lid off the box and smiled broadly as all the wonderful memories came flooding back to her. Michael had been her boyfriend senior year in high school and up until her sophomore year in college when they had mutually decided to split. Michael was Sydney’s first love and to that day her only true love.

I was only 17 when he
Came around and passed my way
He was the finest thing I'd ever seen
And his eyes were green

The first thing Sydney pulled of out the box was a necklace that Michael had given her their first Christmas together. She set it aside and continued to rummage through the memorabilia. She found a stack of photos and began to leaf through them. The first one she found was from her birthday in April almost five years earlier and only a few months before she and Michael had broken up. In the picture they both were smiling broadly as she clutched Michael’s gift closely to her. He had given her a puppy which she named Sasha. She looked back in the box and found Sasha’s old pink collar and felt herself tearing up as she remembered the death of her favorite pet. She reached up onto her dresser and grabbed a tissue that she dabbed her eyes with.

For the next half hour Sydney continued going through the pictures and the rest of the contents of the box. She laughed at some of the memories especially the pictures from the Halloween she and Michael went as Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle. At others she felt somber because she still missed Michael very much.

He had a smile that could shine a light
On your darkest days

Recently she had thought about him often. Especially since things with Jason... hadn’t been going well. She wondered what he was doing. After they had broken up she heard through her parents, who still kept in touch with his parents being that they were next door neighbors, that he moved to Massachusetts to go to MIT like he had always wanted. But she hadn’t heard anything more about him.

Do you remember me?
At the age of 17
You fell in love with me
But it was never ever meant to be

“Oh felgercarb!” She said as she noticed the time on the clock. She quickly tossed all of Michael’s memories back onto the box and tossed it back into her closet. Then she grabbed her keys and headed off to the grocery store to get food for dinner.

Lyrics: "17" by Tamyra Gray

OMG I'm tearing up. I wonder what Michael's up to. Does he still think fondly of her?

Keep me on the PM list for this one.

SkyGirl5 said:
Title: Wings To Fly
Author: SkyGirl5 (Janet)
Ship: s/v
category: VERY ANGSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now why am i not surprised???? very angsty... :Ponder: i wonder why...

She had the day off from work and was planning on spending most of the day cleaning and throwing away some of her old junk before she needed to go shopping so she could make dinner for her boyfriend, Jason Ryan.  She welcomed this day off since she hadn’t taken a personal day since she had begun her job two years earlier.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>THE WHO??? JASON WHO??? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? </span>

It was an old shoe box that was labeled with the names “Will & Julian”
:Ponder:

Julian had been one of the boyfriends she had had more recently.  In fact he was her boyfriend right before Jason.  She had meet him her senior year in college and they dated for almost a year, until he too cheated on her.
sark...???

Michael had been her boyfriend senior year in high school and up until her sophomore year in college when they had mutually decided to split.  Michael was Sydney’s first love and to that day her only true love.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>MUTUALLY DECIDED TO SPLIT??? MUTUALLY??? </span>

damn janet!!! you need to explain... hehehehehhe!! and i know you would explain things perfectly in the next of the chapters.... damn! cant wait for the second chappy.....................................................

oh i forgot..

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE PM ME WHEN YOU UPDATE.</span>

LOL, do i have to ask that janet??? hehehe! please dont forget! thanks!

Thats a great start.
Who is this guy Jason?? And if things aren't going well with Jason maybe Syd could look Michael up and see what he is up to.
Thanx for the pm - Can I stay on the list please?
Update soon. :D

te he YAY!!! :D

I love reading what everyone has said...

Ok this seems odd can I get off the PM list? Sorry, I'll come and check and review and stuff at times but well you know.....

I do LOVE thins story and every one should read it.

:hug:

Louise

GUYS WATCH OUT FOR THE FEET/SHOES...

Awww, why did they break up? That was sad. I wonder what happened to them. So he's gonna come back, right? I mean, they're meant for each other. Add me to your pm list as always, please!

blue_bird said:
oh i forgot..

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE PM ME WHEN YOU UPDATE.</span>

LOL, do i have to ask that janet??? hehehe! please dont forget! thanks!
[post="1242540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

no i'd say its safe to say you never have to ask :lol:

i said:
[post="1242584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

yeah no thats fine louise - i always feel bad pming my betas anyway because i like flood their inbox lol
and feet ugh now you're making me paranoid!!! :lol :P

PM LIST
peanutbutter
kalias
blue_bird
Alias_rocks_87
texasalias2004
msu_ruby
superspy
PoketRockets11

don't be parinoid about the feet it's really not a big thing it's just me messing with you :D

You should read "Every Boy Has One" - such a good book you'ed love it, the feet thing just reminds me of a funny thing in there.

Oh yay
A companion
I love Invisible
I can't believe they broke up during college
Well, it sounds like they didn't break it off poorly, like Syd did with Will
I have hopes for them still
Hes probably out of MIT by now, hopefully, and maybe even moved back to LA cause that Mass. weather is just too cold for a Cali boy
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please!!

Back