World Cup Germany 2006

Italy:
r985357114.jpg

France:
r260772761.jpg

which one will be the World Cup Champs on sunday???

Italy will win it. Their defence is far too strong.

My first ever post on these boards and I'd just like to say that we (England) were cheated out of the World Cup. Not only was Rooney's red card very harsh but that Portugese number 17 (I don't even want to type his name) was diving all over the shop. :angry:

I'll be honest with you, I actually wanted Italy to beat you, and I think Neill was so stupid to go to the floor in the area. If he would have stayed on his feet, the game would have gone to Extra Time and maybe your lot would have beat 'em. A man up and all that.

I'm glad Podolski won the young player award instead of that portugese (insert swearword here)

France needs to win Sunday... and even if they don't, we are keeping the French flag out until July 14th :P So neighbors won't be able to make fun of us if France ends up losing.

I'm rooting for Italy too. It's a team a like since the beginning.
But France is a strong team that deserves to be there even though they didn't have a good start.
Go Zidane. :P

Nice game today between Germany and Portugal. It was fun to watch.

I'm quite tired of the "Portugal cheated and England was better".
England lost because their goalkeeper wasn't as good as Ricardo. The game was good for both teams and obviously the red card was deserved. It's hard to loose on penalties, but it happens. English fans should be proud that they got to the 8 best teams.
Next thing I'm be hearing is that Portugal payed the referee. Like Portugal is the reach and powerfull one in the story :rolleyes:
with all of this Ronaldo is going to Real Madrid. Good for him, cause the Spanish league is the best one in the world. Oh, and he still made a better place than the England's golden boy.

I was a really good game to watch yesterday.... or today....

It was nice because you could see they were much more relaxed!!!

But I do think the diving has been quite over the top this world cup...

I'm quite tired of the "Portugal cheated and England was better".
England lost because their goalkeeper wasn't as good as Ricardo. The game was good for both teams and obviously the red card was deserved. It's hard to loose on penalties, but it happens. English fans should be proud that they got to the 8 best teams.
Next thing I'm be hearing is that Portugal payed the referee. Like Portugal is the reach and powerfull one in the story :rolleyes:
with all of this Ronaldo is going to Real Madrid. Good for him, cause the Spanish league is the best one in the world. Oh, and he still made a better place than the England's golden boy.

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

1. Rooney never stamped on Carvalho on purpose, it was a complete accident.
2. If the ref was doing his job properly, he would have awarded Rooney a free-kick before the whole 'stamping' incident took place.
3. Ronaldo had no right what-so-ever to run over to the ref and try get Rooney sent off.
4, and this is the biggest joke of the whole tournament: Wayne Rooney accidently stamps on a player, he gets sent-off and a 2 match suspension. Luis Figo on the other hand head-butts Marc Van Bommel, gets a yellow card and no more is said on the matter.

You telling me that is fair?

Although I'm glad Italy won, I think the game was complete and total felgercarb. Italy played horrible, and it should have never have had to go into a shootout. Zidane is a dick, and I can't believe he'd just headbutt someone! He deserved that red card. The first goal by France shouldn't even have been a goal, because there shouldn't have a penalty to begin with.

Italians played well the first half but they played like felgercarb in the 2nd. Their goal was superb but that was about it. They did not deserve to win. They played dirty. And France held their own without their key players (Henry, Vieira, and Zidane). If Trezeguet hadn't missed that penalty, France would have won. It's so disappointing to see a World Cup final decided by penalties!!!!!

Zidane deserved the red card, no question about it. But I watched Materazzi during the game and all he did was harass Zidane. Dunno what he said but it must have been enough to PO Zidane off, cuz Zidane was totally provoked.

Anyways I still worship the ground Zidane walks on. :P

So congrats to Italy, but to me it's not a World Cup to be very proud of.

And sorry for sounding bitter.... but yeah :lol:

Italy never played dirty. The French were diving all over the shop. And Zidane is just a complete arse.

Luca Toni's goal was never offside.

I agree that some players dived but some italians did it too. Italians were better in the 1st period but the second one and the rest, the french were better.

As for Zidane, everyone agree that he shouldn't have done that but the guy provocked him during the match and called him a terrorist (according to the Guardian) just before Zidane did what he did. He wanted him to react like this. Zidane is a god when it comes to soccer but he is still human and can make a mistake. He will still be one of the most shy, humble player I've ever seen.

I think bot teams did good. In the end it had to be on penalties, and that's more luck than any other thing.
Whatever the Italian guy called Zidane it's not reason for what he did.

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

1. Rooney never stamped on Carvalho on purpose, it was a complete accident.
2. If the ref was doing his job properly, he would have awarded Rooney a free-kick before the whole 'stamping' incident took place.
3. Ronaldo had no right what-so-ever to run over to the ref and try get Rooney sent off.
4, and this is the biggest joke of the whole tournament: Wayne Rooney accidently stamps on a player, he gets sent-off and a 2 match suspension. Luis Figo on the other hand head-butts Marc Van Bommel, gets a yellow card and no more is said on the matter.

You telling me that is fair?
Have you ever watched a football match in your life??just... wondering.
I don't know if you ever noticed, but everytime there's a fault the players from the other team go to the referee. And I can tell you it wasn't just Ronaldo, Petit and Nuno Valente did that too.
Actually, when Petit did a fault before that even Rooney told the ref something. That's what palyers do.
Obviously. just like yesterday. When Zidane did that all the other Italian players went to talk to the ref. Obviously.

Accident?? ohhh.. it wasn't. Rooney could have avoid that. And I'm sure when he pushded Ronaldo it wasn't an accident too.

The referee was the same man from yesterday's match. The best referee of the world cup. Just for the record.

If Ronaldo had no right to go to the ref what right had the english federation of going to FIFA asking for Figo's suspention?
But for what's worth, what Figo did in the match against Holland was a reason to a yellow card and he got it. The other guy had kicked Simao's face on porpuse and than went for Figo and Figo did that to stop him. It wasn't an head-butt like yesterday's.
And if the referee gave him the yellow card why would FIFA or anyone do more? He had what he deserved and the referee is the man who decides it during the match.
On the other hand there's no justification for what Rooney did.
And btw... if in your opinion FIFA or the refs don't do the right decision what does Ronaldo (or the rest of the portuguese team) have to do with it?

Look... English players said Portugal deserved it. Rooney already said that he and Ronaldo are still friends and that there wasn't any problems before, during or after the game... so why keep talking about it?
It was a clean and nice game.

Figo head-butted Van Bommel to stop himself from getting hurt? That's the biggest bull I've heard.

And how can you say that ref was the best in the tournament when he gave France a penalty for a blatant dive?

I think bot teams did good. In the end it had to be on penalties, and that's more luck than any other thing.
Whatever the Italian guy called Zidane it's not reason for what he did.

I agree on everything. Penalties are just about luck. In the '98 WC we won against Italy in the penalties, this time it's the Italian.

As for Zidane, I'm not excusing what he did. He shouldn't have done that. I was just saying he is not the kind of person who does this out of the blue. He wouldn't have reacted so strongly if there wasn't anything. I was just commenting 'cause of what was said on him in the post above mine. But I totally agree on the fact that he shouldn't have done that.

Congratulation to all Italians...

Tuga...Congrats to Portugal too. They did a good match against germany and did a good WC.

Congratulations to Germany...The WC was great and very well organized....:smiley:

4 years is gonna be a long time.... -_-

Back