Enemies in Love

wow! thanks guys! teeehee! seems like everyone really liked the "Sid thing" as it is now called! lol! I'm so clever! jkjk! Anyway, I should be wrapping this fic up in the next week! Hope everyone has a nice holiday! I have no school tomorrow! WHOOHOO!! YEAH BABY! LOL! Mucho lovin friends! ~GC

Great fic..the story is coming along so well...Please PM me when u update

For all those Michael Vartan obsessies...our favorite CIA agent Michael Vaughn is in the Sexiest Man Alive edition of people magazine on page 127...so go pick it up AND "Never Been Kissed" starring Michael Vartan, will be on tonite 11-25-03 Channel 11 @ 8pm e/st

For all Jen & Mike obsessies...they're also in the same magazine in a little pic of them shopping in L.A...they're both smiling...the caption reads : November 16, Jennifer Garner dresses down while shopping for fresh flowers is her boyfriend, ALIAS costar Michael Vartan

That was really Kute! The "sid" thing was so sweet! I loved how they were talking to eachother--and on there cell phones!
Yes i would definately read a sequel!!
Update soon please!!!
Thx for the pm..and plz pm me when u update again!
-becki-

Chapter Thirty Five

Sydney drove down the almost deserted road.
She was shocked to see how late it was.

Then again, she had no right or wrong distinction of when she was supposed to sleep. In between all the traveling she did from L.A. to out of the country and back, she was never in balance with what time it was here. She slept when she was tired.

3:00 in the morning, she thought with a giggle, turning up the radio.

She said 'It's cold outside' and she hands me a raincoat
She's always worried about things like that
She said 'It's all gonna end and it might as well be my fault'
And she only sleeps when it's raining
And she screams
And her voice is straining
And she says
'Baby, it's 3 am I must be lonely'
And she says
'Baby, Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes,
And the rain's gonna wash away what I believe in'

She sang along (or screamed) to the song, banging on her steering wheel and shaking her head around, attempting to dance in her seat.

She giggled when she got to the stop light and looked over at Michael, who was watching her with an amused grin.

He rolled down his window and she followed suit, lowering her music as she did so.

"Like the song, huh?" he laughed.

"Just a little bit." she giggled back. "It’s ironic! 3 A.M. at 3 A.M."

"What are you talking about?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"The name of the song." she laughed.

"Oh." he laughed. "I’m listening to that too."

"I thought you would be. I programmed you radio stations last time I was in your car." she said with a smile.

"I was wondering how they got like that. I could never figure out how to set that thing."

"Well, nice to know I’m good for something."she giggled, amused. The man could defuse a bomd or rig a computer, but he couldn't set his car radio.

"I can think of a few things." he said, waving his eyebrows at her teasingly.

"Shut up Vaughn." she laughed, looking over at the light, which had just switched to green.

"See you there." she said, blowing him a kiss.

"See ya! Watch the road from now on Syd!" he laughed, turning his car the opposite way he did and driving off towards the highway.

"I came right here. What's up?" Sydney whispered to her Dad, who had a look of mixed emotions on his face.

He nodded. "Sydney, I just talked to Dorothy." Jack said, shaking his head.

She nodded, worry evident on her face. "What is it?"

She turned around to see what Jack was looking at. Michael had just walked in and had spotted her.

"Hey Syd. Jack." he nodded.

"Vaughn." he murmured in acknowledgment.

"So, find out what's so urgent yet?" Michael asked, a small smile playing at his lips.

Sydney shrugged in response. "I think Dad was just about to tell me." she said nodding at her Dad.

"It's about your Mother, Michael." he said, looking down.

"What! Is she alright? What happened?" he asked, fear in his eyes.

"She was in a car accident a few hours ago. She just got done with surgery. They said she is going to make it."

Michael sighed in relief. "I have to go see her."

Jack nodded. "There will be a plan standing by when ever you are ready to leave. The doctors said she is going to have a lot of trouble moving around. She will need a lot of help. They suggest therapy." Jack said.

"Okay. I'll just take a few weeks off and go back to Washington to check up on her." Michael said with a shrug.

Jack nodded. "I got off the phone with the hospital and then contacted Dorothy in Washington. She said...."

"What?" Michael asked.

"She said that SD6 found out about your Mom. They are going to bring you back so you can be with her. Sloane is going to contact you later tonight. He expects you back there by next Monday." Jack finished, looking over at Sydney, who was now looking over at Vaughn with a terrified look on her face.

"For how long?" Sydney asked.

"Well, probably until we can defeat SD6." Jack answered.

"You can't be serious." Michael groaned.

Jack nodded.

"Can't he just tell Sloane no?" Sydney asked desperately.

"No. Sloane will get suspicious and wonder why Michael doesn't want to come back. He'll hound Michael until he finds out the truth. It's much safer is he agrees to go. You can continue your double job from D.C." he nodded.

"Is there any way around it?" Michael asked, in one last attempt to fight this.

"No." Jack shook his head.

Michael nodded sadly. Jack patted him on the back, walking away, knowing him and Sydney need some privacy.

"Oh my god!" Sydney whispered. "Michael."

He shook his head. "Not here."

She nodded, knowing neither of them could afford to make a scene in the middle of the bustling CIA office.

"Meet me at the warehouse." he said under his breath.

She nodded sadly.

I'll see you there in twenty minutes." he whispered lovingly, reaching out to stroke her cheek with his thumb and wipe away a tear that had secretly fallen.

She smiled weakly and shook her head. She watched as he briskly walked across the CIA office and disappeared around a corner towards the garage.

"What's going to happen to us?" she whispered, holding back her tears.

BUM BUM BUM! LOL! Let me know whay you think! This fic is almost done! Like one more chapter left! Two maybe... love ya'll! ~GC

Chapter Thirty Six

Will be up after I take a shower and get re-ready to type up a really really long last chapter and after thingy and then thank everyone of you personally for reading this one. Then I'll probably start planning the next fic--- sequel! lol! thanks peeps! STAY TUNED if you're a night owl! lol! loversya

your just gonna leave us there?? WHY??? why does he have to go to DC??? WHY?? i hope everything works out. i can't wait to see what happens.that was a great chapter,keep up the great work (y)

-please PM me when the next chapter is up :smiley:

awwww mrs vaughn's hurt. ai yi yi (sorry just some yiddish i've picked up, it get really ingrained), this is soooo not good. i'm in favour of a sequal. pm me when you get it up.

LAST CHAPTER! (RECOMENDED_ LISTEN TO SAVAGE GARDEN'S I KNEW I LOVED YOU while reading the last part! IT HELPS WITH THE EFFECT! LOL! HAPPY READING!

Chapter Thirty-Six

Sydney, sat on the crates, waiting for Michael to get there.

She shook her head, wondering why he was taking so long! He had left before her.

She paced around the small room, wondering where he was; worrying that something had happened to him.

She sighed in relief when she heard the gate open and seconds later he had rounded the corner.

Spotting her, he quickly wiped his face off with the back of his hand and ran to her side, grabbing her into his arms.

She held him tight, letting her tears flow silently down her cheeks. He stroked her hair tenderly with his palm, without saying a word.

He closed his eyes, pulling her closer to him and wrapping his arms around her neck, resting his cheek on hers. She felt a tear slide down his cheek, splattering on her nose.

"Michael..." she whispered.

He leaned back and looked her in the eyes sadly. The fear, the sadness, the pain... it was all so clearly portrayed in the look he was giving her that neither said anything, but simply gazed into the others eyes miserably.

He leaned his forehead on hers and closed his eyes, burying his nose in her hair and breathing it in.

They stood there for almost an hour, saying nothing but simply holding each other tightly.

He finally pulled back to look her in the eyes.

He wrapped his arms around her waist protectively when she shivered from the cold air that enveloped both of them at their loss of contact.

"What are we going to do?" Sydney sobbed, looking sadly into his eyes.

Michael shook his head, looking down.

"I could go to D.C. with you." she said, with a hopeful smile.

Michael shook his head. "Not unless you plan on bringing your entire office with you. C’mon Sydney. Your whole project, what you've been working on for the past seven years; It is all here, in L.A." he whispered, stroking her cheek. "You're going to be way more useful here, where you belong."

"I belong with you Vaughn." she cried.

A tear slipped down his cheek and she reached up to wipe it away. "I can't... I don't think I can nor want to go on with out you here with me." she whispered in agony.

"God Syd.." he said, pulling her close to him."I could come visit. Holidays, weekends, you know." he thought out loud.

"The CIA would never allow it, Vaughn. I wouldn't. It's too dangerous!" she sobbed into his shoulder.

"It'd be worth it." he sighed.

"It wouldn't be worth your life!" she said, shaking her head.

"Sydney." he whispered, pulling his head back to look her in the eyes. "As cheesy and love- poemy as this is going to sound, my life, the very air I breathe, is worth it just to see you, to hold you in my arms, if only for only a second. It'd be worth my entire life to fly half way across the country and to see you, even if it was only for a moment." he whispered.

"Vaughn...." she whispered, leaning closely into him. "Why is this happening?"

"I don't know." he chuckled sadly.

"You know, it goes both ways." she said.

"What does?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at her.

"It would be worth my life if to see you only for a moment." she said.

He smiled weakly. "You know what?" he whispered, sitting down on the cold concrete floor and pulling her into his lap.

"What?"

"You've saved me Sydney." he whispered, rubbing his nose on her neck. "In every way possible. I'd be so lost without you."

"You've saved me too, you know." she said after they sat there in silence for a moment.

"How so?" he said skeptically.

"You've always got to be that way. Why can't you just accept that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You, Michael Vaughn, are my Savior!" she said with a nod. She continued when his cynical demeanor made her want to prove her point. "Before you came along, I was living in this lie. A bubble, you could say. I thought I was untouchable. Before you, I think I cried five times since I was ten. I didn't need anyone and I figured love a past time for when I wasn't jetting back and forth from Rome to Paris to Hong Kong to L.A. to wherever the CIA wanted me to go. Work was life.... Now look at me. I cry at least once everyday. Work is a past time for love... for you. I need you more than I need air. I finally have someone who really loves me. Everything in my life is completely turned upside down, and it is in the best way possible. You... Michael Vaughn... ARE my savior. You're my angel." she whispered, tears brimming in her eyes. "And with you gone, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with myself." she said, laughing angrily.

He nodded with a small smile. "I always knew you were going to be the end of me Syd." he laughed.

"You be my Savior. I'll be your downfall." she whispered, quoting a song on the CD he had given her a while back.

"Deal." he laughed, intertwining his fingers with hers.

"No good byes." she whispered, kissing his nose.

"No good byes." he said, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against hers.

Wonder how you sleep
I wonder what you think of me
If I could go back
Would you have ever been with me
I want you to be unused
I want you to remember
I want you to believe in me
I want you on my side

[chorus]

Come on and lay it down
I’ve always been with you
Here and now
Give all that’s within you
Be my savior
And I’ll be your downfall
Mmm, mmm, mmm

Here we go again
Ashamed of being broken in
We’re getting off track
I wanna get you back again
I want you to trouble me
I wanted you turning down
I want you to agree with me
I want so much so bad

[chorus]

Come on and lay it down
Here and now
Give all that’s within you
Be my savior
Mmm, mmm, mmm

Yeah, be my savior
(only love can save us now)
(don’t lay me down)
(only love can save us now)
I’ll be your downfall (I’ll be your downfall)
(ah, love can save us now)
(don’t save me now)

Lay it down
Hear me now
With all that’s within you
Be my savior
Mmm, mmm, mmm

Now I’m back on my own
Hear my feet, they’re made of stone
Man, I make you go where I go
Well hell, you, can I take you home
Well, I’m coming home on my back
Kissing me, your lips painted black
Saying oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Let me be your downfall
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Let me be your downfall, baby

Three days later

Michael walked over to the plane, lifelessly carrying his luggage to the chipper flight attendant waiting to take them.

"Good afternoon sir." she said, taking his tickets from him.

He nodded with a weak smile.

"You can go ahead and board." she said, handing him back his stub.

He slowly made his way over to the boarding gate.

"VAUGHN!"

He turned around, smiling when he saw Sydney running towards him, leaping over a cart full of luggage and towards where he was now dumfoundedly standing.

"SYD!?" he gasped as she ran into his arms.

She cupped his face in her hands, tears slipping down her face.

"Syd, I thought we promised. No good byes. We're never going to get through this if we don't...."

She interrupted him with a finger to his lips. "We will. Michael, I couldn't let you leave without telling you how much I love you. I don't care how many days or miles are between us, and I'm not being naive. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you and nothing is ever going to change it. I know it now. I knew it the first time we kissed. I think I may have even known it that night we met in that bar. I am so in love with you and I just had to tell you that before you left. Don't go without knowing that." she said, breathing heavilly from the dash she had just run to catch him.

He smiled. "I love you too Syd. More than you will ever know!"

He pulled her close to him and they shared a short, sweet kiss that said everything else their words couldn't.

"I promise, I am going to work as hard as I can to make sure you get back here to me soon!" she whispered.

"FINAL CALL FOR ALL D.C. BOUND PASSENGERS." the screeching voice said over the intercom.

"You've got to go." she whispered, the tears falling down her face.

He nodded, cupping her cheek in his hand. "I love you."

"I love you." she whispered.

And with one final, longing glance he was gone.

Sydney hugged herself tightly, watching him leave.

"Soon." she whispered in a voice full of sadness and hope.

Michael boarded the plane and quickly found his seat.

He sat down and shoved his hands in his pockets sadly.
Inside he felt two unfamiliar objects.
He quickly pulled them out.

He smiled, seeing the loopy handwriting scribbled on a sheet of Sydney's stationary, and a pink cell phone.

The text message on the phone said, "A picture is worth a thousand words, but I prefer the words. Call me Vaughn!" He chuckled to himself, shoving the phone back in his pocket and unfolding the stationary.

Inside were the lyrics to a song. He read over them and a single tear slid down his cheek.

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend

I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
Only the sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I've found my way home

I know that it might sound more than a little crazy
But I believe

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I've found you

"Soon." he whispered, tucking the note in his jacket pocket, next to his heart.

THE END

(DOWNFALL -MB20)
(I KNEW I LOVED YOU- SAVAGE GARDEN)

Back