Will Jack Bristow be a good grandpa?

• YES

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We all know that Jack Bristow has always had a complicated relationship with Sydney, and now she is pregnant with Vaughn's child.

Will Jack have a close relationship with his future grandchild, or will it be complicated and distant like his relationship with Sydney?

Please give me your opinions on this topic, and take my poll if you haven't already. Thank you.

-- Josh

I think Jack will be a good grandfather. He will love his grandchild and protect him/her. Jack used to be distant with Syd, which we now know the reasons for the distance. Now, they are getting closer. Hopefully they will continue to grow closer, and Jack isn't as closed off as he was in the past. So, I think he will be a good grandfather.

I hope we get lots of scenes of Jack with his grandchild; holding the baby.

I think Jack will be a good grandfather. He will love his grandchild and protect him/her. Jack used to be distant with Syd, which we now know the reasons for the distance. Now, they are getting closer. Hopefully they will continue to grow closer, and Jack isn't as closed off as he was in the past. So, I think he will be a good grandfather.

I hope we get lots of scenes of Jack with his grandchild; holding the baby.
I think Jack has now realized the mistakes he made when Sydney was growing up, and he probably doesn't plan on making those same mistakes with his grandchild.

I also think that there should be a good amount of scenes with Jack and the baby. Doing that will show us that he actually has a soft side to him.

Thanks for your response, filmlover.

-- Josh

I also think that there should be a good amount of scenes with Jack and the baby.
From your mouth to the writers pen.

I think a disservice is done to Jack every time someone questions his ability to love his family.

I don't think we were ever really told why Jack distanced himself from Sydney. There is of course many theories and fan fics that discusses the issue, but I don’t think we have a definitive explanation.

I take issue with the idea that Jack abandoned Sydney. He provided her with a good home and a good education. He could have sent her away to boarding school, but he did not. He may not have come home every night, but he did come home. Sydney had that security.

So, to answer your question, yes, he will be a stellar Grandpappy. Unless some unknown force interferes, he will not repeat the mistake he made with Sydney. I believe he will be outwardly, but appropriately, affectionate to the child.

This grandchild will be his redemption. It will be his opportunity to make up to Sydney for the pain he caused her during her childhood. I think in the end that it will also help to mend some of those lonely memories Sydney has of her childhood.

Hopefully Sydney accepts her father’s affection for her child and does not become bitter over it. Unfortunately I think the show has lost some of its ability to show character relationships, but it would be an interesting scenario to see a moment when Sydney shows some jealously over how loving her father is to her child and for her to finally yell at him and share with him the pain she felt as a child. I think the girl needs a good cry over that. She needs Daddy to take her in her arms and tell her he is sorry, and he won’t do it again.

This grandchild will be his redemption. It will be his opportunity to make up to Sydney for the pain he caused her during her childhood. I think in the end that it will also help to mend some of those lonely memories Sydney has of her childhood.
I just started thinking that if Jennifer Garner wasn't pregnant, Alias wouldn't have been able to show a new side of Jack. It shows that her pregnancy wasn't a really bad thing for the show.

We'll have to see if the writer's give us something new for the Jack/Sydney relationship that deals with the baby.

Thanks for the response, BristowDefender.

-- Josh

We'll have to see if the writer's give us something new for the Jack/Sydney relationship that deals with the baby.
I believe there was a press release that said Jack would be dealing with reality of becoming a grandfather. We are approaching episode 8 and I have not seen any signs of him struggling with that occurance.

I also don't think the show has really focused all that much on the pregnancy, except for to use it to its advantage on a few missions.

The thing that really irritates me about this pregnancy is that it almost doesn't seem real to the writers, despite the fact that the actress is actually pregnant. They have Syd doing things that are completely ridiculous for a pregnant woman, and she doesn't really seem to worry about the baby's safety. I get the feeling that's only going to get worse.

But anyway, Jack will be an excellent grandpa. We will get a good look at what he must have been like when Syd was a baby, before his "wife" betrayed him and his world fell apart. I hope the writers give this story the justice it deserves.

I really think that jack would be a great grandpa for the new spybaby. Maybe he will be the one babysitting when Sydney goes on missions.

I also don't think the show has really focused all that much on the pregnancy, except for to use it to its advantage on a few missions.
I think the only focus on the pregnancy in Alias comes from Sydney. Nobody else really talks about it during the show.

Thanks for your response, BristowDefender.

The thing that really irritates me about this pregnancy is that it almost doesn't seem real to the writers, despite the fact that the actress is actually pregnant. They have Syd doing things that are completely ridiculous for a pregnant woman, and she doesn't really seem to worry about the baby's safety. I get the feeling that's only going to get worse.

But anyway, Jack will be an excellent grandpa. We will get a good look at what he must have been like when Syd was a baby, before his "wife" betrayed him and his world fell apart. I hope the writers give this story the justice it deserves.
It's not that Sydney doesn't care about her baby's safety, its that she can't feel safe until Vaughn's "killers" are taken down. She explained to Rachel in an earlier episode that she "can't just sit around and do nothing" while she is pregnant. Sydney needs closure.

It will be nice to see the way Jack treats the baby. I agree that Sydney will probably get to see how Jack treated her as a child, just by how he may treat the baby.

Thanks for your response, Ophelia.

I really think that jack would be a great grandpa for the new spybaby. Maybe he will be the one babysitting when Sydney goes on missions.
Jack babysitting! That would be a wonderful site to see!

Thanks for your response, Agent.

-- Josh

I think the only focus on the pregnancy in Alias comes from Sydney. Nobody else really talks about it during the show.
And let there be light.

This is it. This is what is missing. Her pregnancy has never been discussed. No one has ever asked her how she was feeling. She has never put her swollen feet up on a chair. She doesn't drink milk. We don't know her due date. She went to one doctor's appointment.

Now it could be said that she is her father's daughter. That would explain her closing down of emotions. However, I like emotional Sydney. At least with the pregnancy she would have had an excuse. It would have been fun to see her snap at Jack over nothing because of those hormones that allowed her to high kick someone through a window.

And let there be light.

This is it. This is what is missing. Her pregnancy has never been discussed. No one has ever asked her how she was feeling. She has never put her swollen feet up on a chair. She doesn't drink milk. We don't know her due date. She went to one doctor's appointment.

Now it could be said that she is her father's daughter. That would explain her closing down of emotions. However, I like emotional Sydney. At least with the pregnancy she would have had an excuse. It would have been fun to see her snap at Jack over nothing because of those hormones that allowed her to high kick someone through a window.
To me, the absence of "baby issues" is NOT a crucial part of Alias this season. As long as there is some sort of use of her pregnancy in the show, I'm not worried.

Maybe Sydney is too tough to be brought down by the effects of her pregnancy, considering she's a spy.

It could also be that we won't see these issues until she is further along in her pregnancy.

We'll have to wait and see what the rest of the season (series) brings!

Thanks for your response (again), BristowDefender.

-- Josh

We'll have to wait and see what the rest of the season (series) brings!
After 4.25 years of viewing this show, I'm nothing if not patient.

Plus, I've seen the press release for Bob. It would seem that birds do it, bees do it, and GrandyPappies to be at least use to do it.

I think that Jack will have a good relationship with his grandchild. For one thing, he has a much better relationship with Sydney than before, so he's going to want to treat her daughter nicely.
For another thing, he knows he messed up with her, so he wants to make it up to both sydney and himself by being nice to his granddaughter.
=D
~Danielle

I think that Jack will have a good relationship with his grandchild. For one thing, he has a much better relationship with Sydney than before, so he's going to want to treat her daughter nicely.
For another thing, he knows he messed up with her, so he wants to make it up to both sydney and himself by being nice to his granddaughter.
=D
~Danielle
Maybe Jack will do the things in the baby's life that he couldn't/didn't do in Sydney's life, and make it up to her THAT way.

Thanks for your response, secretfriend220.

-- Josh

I think that since Jack and Sydney didnt have much of a relationship growing up, that he is going to try things a little differently when the baby comes.

its going to see Jack in a different light with the baby "the second coming of Rambaldi." i just cant wait for that to happen, but its gonna be good.

i think he would be a really good grandfather coz he would want the relationship to be better than what he had with Syd when she was a child

he would probably spoil it heaps coz hes rich (i think)

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

I think Jack will be a good grandfather. He definately wants to make up to Syd for his relationship with her when she was a kid. He can do that with her child, while also improving his and Syd's relationship even further.

I think everything you all have posted could be possibilities for Jack.

As I look at the poll, I realize that it is pretty one-sided. It probably isn't a very good poll. Oops!

Thank you all for your comments.

-- Josh

Back