In The Rough

SkyGirl5

Cadet
Title: In the Rough
Authors: Janet and Katy
Genre: S/V angst
Setting: S2, pre-Phase One
Summary: She's lost him now she seeks vengance against the one who stole him away.

Chapter 1
When she heard the news, everything stopped. It was as if the world just hung still for a moment before proceeding again differently. Nothing was the same; everything was... slower. She was crashing, falling, burning and then.... nothing. No emotions. But for a moment she had a flash of two things: what could have been and now what could never be.

What could have been was love, safety, a family, a home, a husband, a lover, a normal life with three kids – two boys and a girl- all of them had piercing green eyes and dimpled smiles. They would all go to the beach and run along the sand, splashing in the waves and building sand castles on the beach. Then they would all go home, snuggle up on the couch with the kids all around them and watch a movie until they all fell asleep. They would then carry them to bed, tucking them in and finally going to their own bed where they would hold each other tight and say how much they loved one another.

Now, what could never be were all those things and more. She could never touch him again. She would never feel that electricity when his hand brushed against hers. She could never see him again. She could never see those amazing eyes or that smile that made her heart flutter uncontrollably. She would never hear his calm, soothing voice again. She would never get to feel his strong arms around her, hugging her and making her know that everything would be ok. She would never kiss him. She could never make love to him. She could never tell him how she really felt. It was all over now; gone.

She was running now, winding her way through the twisting, turning corridors of the warehouse towards her car. Behind her, Weiss was calling out. He had been in tears when he told her but she hadn’t cried; not yet. It was still too much of a shock to have really sunk in. Weiss was telling her not to do something stupid but she had every intention of doing just that.

After finding Danny, she had gone to Sloane furious and full of rage but too distraught to act on those emotions. But this, this was different. He had taken Vaughn and he had to pay with a bullet between his eyes. She sped down the street, only half paying attention to the traffic and driving more on autopilot than anything else. Tears were streaming down her face now but she wasn’t crying. Crying implied an emotion: joy, sadness, fear. But she felt nothing. After all how can you feel when you no longer have a heart? Her heart was shattered to pieces and ripped out the moment she heard the news.

Suddenly she took a sharp right, turned into a parking lot and slammed her breaks at the gate. This was dangerous. This was foolish. This was broad daylight but still she didn’t care. She didn’t speak as she displayed her badge and the guard let her through. She violently parked her SUV in a space and ran in through the building, demanding of the receptionist the location of the person she was seeking.

Finding her answer, she took off up the stairs at full speed, knocking into two people without apologies on the way. She burst through the doors of the roof and spotted her mother walking along the edge, peering out through the cage at the busy street below.

“YOU!” Sydney screamed, her voice shaking. Irina turned around and smiled at her daughter. “You! I’m sick of your games! I’m sick of your bull s***. I’m sick of you only telling us what we need to know! I want Sloane gone and you’d better f***ing help me!” Sydney shouted as she stomped towards her mother.

Irina was utterly stunned by her daughter’s outburst and language use. “Sydney...” she began.

“Listen to me god damn it!” She screamed.

“Sydney, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Irina said honestly.

“You don’t? Well let me tell you. Vaughn is dead!” She hissed, her voice stringent. Just saying those words made her want to retch right there. “That sick bastard killed him.”

Irina’s face fell and her heart broke for her daughter. “Oh Sydney... I’m so sorry.” Irina sighed.

“No you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.” Irina said.

“NO! You wanted this all along didn’t you? It was just part of your ... plan.” Sydney choked out, now unable to stop her sobs.

“Sydney, Sydney no. Never.” Irina said as she now stood right next to her daughter. “I want you to be happy.”

“Well I’m not.” Sydney snapped defiantly. “I... I’m....” But she broke. Her knees buckled under her and she collapsed on the ground in sobs, burying her face in her hands.

“Oh Sydney...” Irina sighed as she knelt down next to her daughter.

“Mom.” Sydney whimpered as she fell into her mother’s lap, hugging her tightly.

Immediately, guards trained their guns on them and told her to stand down.

“She’s my mother damn it! Leave me alone!” Sydney screeched. The guard backed off.

“Sydney I’m so sorry.” Irina sighed as she hugged her sobbing daughter, rocking her gently.

“I loved him.” Sydney sobbed.

“I know sweetheart.” Irina sighed.

“I loved him... I loved him...”

Weiss was telling her not to do something stupid but she had every intention of doing just that.
of course, of course.

He had taken Vaughn and he had to pay with a bullet between his eyes.
nice line

After all how can you feel when you no longer have a heart? Her heart was shattered to pieces and ripped out the moment she heard the news.
i really liked that... very descriptive and true for sydney

"...Vaughn is dead!”
he's not really dead, is he??? i hope he isn't.

if you didn't realize this already, i'd like a pm, please :D

omg, its so good, omg, my hearts breaking for her, aww it was just a perfect chapter. what great teamwork!!!! awww cant wait for the next update. This is going to be amazing!!! :groupwave:

thanks janet and katy, :bounces:

how sad! :( i have a feeling this one's gonna be great! :D add me to the PM list please :smiley: poor sydney, i hope she kills that son of a b**** :angry: update soon i wanna see what happens next

lee :hapydance:

pm me!!!! vaughn can't be dead....make him come back to life, or maybe he just isn't dead, that's it! he's faking it...lol, update soon please

Aww! So sad. He's not really dead is he... Both of you love him too much for that, right?

Great job, ladies! Keep me on the PM list!

Megan

Back