Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frostydf2

I know all of us have been posting, and we've kinda gotten to know eachother, but I think we should have an introduction thread. I'll start it off.

My name is Matt, I work at an office max in Pocatello, Idaho. Been playing games since I was 12. In the summer I like to paintball a lot, water ski, and pretty much anything on a lake. I hate the winter, and want to leaveeeeeee this desolate place!

Your turn!

Hi, I'm James, I'm 23 y/o. I work as a Jacketline Operator at Superior Essex in Brownwood Texas. We make telecommunications clable/wire/fiber optics. Father of 3 and been playing games for as long as i can remember but wasnt hooked on MMOs till i was about 16. So between family time, work, and games i dont do too much else in the winter time but we spend alot of time at the lake during the summer. I mean not that my winters get too cold here but it does get cool enough for you to not want to go outside.

Hey Gamers,

I'm Cirakin and I am a development GameMaster for Hero's Journey. I've been playing games since Spy vs. Spy on the Commodore 64. My first jump into online gaming was with Gemstone III in 1996. I've been on the staff side of Simutronics for almost 2 years now and am very excited to take the industry by storm with HJ.

Thanks for all your interest, it keeps me working harder.

My names Shem, I'm 19 and am currently attending college. I have been playing
computer games since I found out what a computer was. I live in Windsor ON
Canada and it sucks here for the most part, really cold in the winter, really hot and
smoggy in the summer. I like to argue about pointless things and tend to yell
when I am wrong. ;)

I'm Brian, 31, been playing computer games since the atari. Got my first taste of MUDs when I was 19, then I started playing DR and they ruined me for any other text game :smiley:

I've played lots of MMORPGs, but something is always lacking. I think thats fairly obvious since we've all played lots of MMORPGs and they can't hold our attention. Here's to hoping HJ puts the end to that.

Cheers!

I'm Citizen, long time gamer and web developer. I have a huge interest in creating only the highest quality gaming sites and watching them grow. Heros Journey seems like a great title and I cant wait to play it!

My names Carl and I am your typical Gamer. im 24 years old and started with the C64(spy vs spy was excellent :D )
I went through your normal consoles, NES, SNES playstation and then PC gaming.
I live in england and like to dabble in all sorts of games. Ive tried creating levels for counter strike and tried creating modles in 3dmax but I never have the motivation to finish them :D

HJ is my next big interest and ive decided to put the time and effort into following its development closely :smiley:

Nice to see everyone introducing themselves. Hopefully everyone will check back up on this thread, and read about everyone so we can get an understanding of who else is posting on this forums!

Hey guys

I'm Dianne or Diviana, whichever you prefer. (Although I'm not expecting you to remember my real name.)

I'm 21, live at home with mom, mostly bored, and usually hungry.

Right now I'm wearing a crown I made out of Klixx, and typing.

I've been around games my whole life, most of it was watching my brother play rpgs when I was 6-8, until we got a computer. I don't know what kind of internet we had then but I know mom absolutely hated AOL.. She found a mud for me to play and I played it for about an hour.. I liked playing outside too much back then.

I've played a lot of non-mmos, watched or played almost all of the final fantasy games. (Haven't seen 5-6) my first FF was 7 on the PS.. But it wasn't my first rpg.. my first rpg was Phantasy Star..

I have a pretty big history of never actually beating games, I can't think of many I have beaten.. Resident Evil 4.. Well see, that's what I'm talking about. I can't think of anything else. There's something about finishing a game that I really don't like.. I guess, I'd rather leave my ideas working then have them tell me how it ends..

My first real MMO was DR, I got into it when I was 16, but I knew of it since I was 14.. and I had fallen in love with it before I had played it. (Isn't that sad? My friend told me about it, she had played on AOL.. I think she still plays sometimes.. but once she started talking about it, I started wishing I could play).. I didn't get my own computer until I was 16 either, it was an ibook.. The only graphical mmos I've played are FFXI (I played for maybe like 6 months, and got my whm/smn to 56, and quit.. I really didn't like it.. too spoiled from DR) and I tried WoW on someone's account for maybe an hour.. After FFXI I kinda quit mmos.. Oh and Ragnarok Online, but that game is horrible. I've played around with other free mmos, but they don't really count either.

And then I was playing DR one day, and a friend IMed me asking if I had heard about HJ..

Of course I hadn't.. But once I found out, I was hooked.

Then last December I applied, they must have liked the app, so I did their design test, and they started me through the hiring process.

I'm just about done with training now, and we'll soon find out which team I'll be on.

And now I'm done typing. But the crown stays on.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Mar 3 2006, 10:11 PM
I have a pretty big history of never actually beating games, I can't think of many I have beaten.. Resident Evil 4.. Well see, that's what I'm talking about. I can't think of anything else. There's something about finishing a game that I really don't like.. I guess, I'd rather leave my ideas working then have them tell me how it ends..

I'm with you there; I have yet to actually beat a single player game I start. Atlas
always makes fun of me for it, but that's because he beats ever single game he
ever plays.

All of us here at Hero's Hall wish you the best of luck with whatever team
you get put on. :smiley:

My name is David and I am 50. I work as a locksmith for UCSB. I first heard about HJ a few months back while I was looking for new games to try. At the time it seemed too far away to get excited about. What brought me back today was Stephanie Shaver's thoroughly enjoyable article on MMORPG. It was a funny and thoughtful piece from the end users point of veiw. I liked that in a developer. My gaming background is limited to EQ (6yrs), SWG, and most recently EQII. I am happy to have stumbled onto this site and am looking forward to following this journey with you all.

Hello, I'm Brian, mostly Goat online and somewhat in real life as well.
I'm a 23 year old professional poker player. I did Network Security out of college until I left the "real world" one year ago. I've played Gemstone 3/4 on and off since I was about 12, I played with Shadow001 most of that time.

I've played warcraft (Frozen Throne/DOTA, not World Of) with Frosty a couple times and I'm glad to see his site doing well so immediately.

As of writing I've made it through the first step of the Simu screening process to be a development GM. We'll see how that goes.

Goat

Originally posted by Volfie@Mar 4 2006, 04:26 AM
My name is David and I am 50. I work as a locksmith for UCSB. I first heard about HJ a few months back while I was looking for new games to try. At the time it seemed too far away to get excited about. What brought me back today was Stephanie Shaver's thoroughly enjoyable article on MMORPG. It was a funny and thoughtful piece from the end users point of veiw. I liked that in a developer. My gaming background is limited to EQ (6yrs), SWG, and most recently EQII. I am happy to have stumbled onto this site and am looking forward to following this journey with you all.
I have to agree with you on that article, it did add a lot of humor to the developers point of view. Just for your enjoyment I will be uploading a movie today of a 2004 developer conference at Simucon. It shows hte developers humerous side to them, and that they are just like us; gamers.

You said you had a limited gaming background? 6 years in EQ to me isn't very limited, most MMO players have only recently gotten on-board with WoW, and EQ2 as those were the most widely published MMO of the past few years. Possibly FFXI, but I still don't belive it had the success of WoW!

Welcome to the boards though, and we hope you enjoy your stay :smiley:

I've played warcraft (Frozen Throne/DOTA, not World Of) with Frosty a couple times and I'm glad to see his site doing well so immediately.
Those were the good days in DOTA. I'm still up for some DOTA games if you ever want to play, I hardly ever get to play games anymore, but I'd sure drop things to play a good game of DOTA.

Also, if anyone has WC3 : The Frozen Throne, join us! DOTA is a custom game....wait.. i'm going to just make a post on this!

Coming soon to a forum near you! :: Do you want to play DOTA?!

Hello everyone, I'm Ray, and i'm 23. I'm located in SE Michigan, and i'm a General Contractor. I fell into online gaming with Dragonrealms when I was a early teen, and i've been a Simutronics fan every since. I'm eagerly awaiting HJ, and hope to see it reach beta soon! In my freetime I race superbikes, and I ride with Motor City Superbikes (Detroit) So if your in MI, and looking to ride (once weather warms) look me up ;-). We do a lot of charity rides for sick children. Good ole' Karma debt ;)

I'm also the founder of the Elanthian Arcanum Ascendancy (HJ) We are the founding clan within HJ, so if you are looking for a home be sure to check us out! Dragonrealms and Simutronics have blown my mind, and I expect nothing less from HJ.

-Aelrion

Hola. I'm Tim/sgb162. I say /sgb162 because I go by sgb162 in most places. Came across this place and noticed a familiar name.. frostyd2f. Dude from way back at ff-find. Haha. Well, I'm gonna be around. later..

I'm Darryl. I am 27 and started playing MMORPG's back in 97 with Ultima Online.

Currently I'm not playing anything as I have kind of lost interest in these games. I think I'ts because they are all basically the same right now. It's just a cycle of killing to get phatter lootz over and over again while everyone wears the same armor as everyone else.

Which is the main reason I have caught interest in HJ. I really like the City of Heroes style character creation, where you pick a uniform at creation from a bunch of different parts. I prefer the lightly armored warrior, like a blademaster style char., but am never able to create one in these games, I am always stuck with plate armor. With HJ I will finally be able to create this character by selecting a lighter armor appearance at creation. Can't wait.

Don't really know much else about the game yet besides that though. Need to go read up a bit.

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 07:41 AM
I'm Darryl. I am 27 and started playing MMORPG's back in 97 with Ultima Online.

Currently I'm not playing anything as I have kind of lost interest in these games. I think I'ts because they are all basically the same right now. It's just a cycle of killing to get phatter lootz over and over again while everyone wears the same armor as everyone else.

Which is the main reason I have caught interest in HJ. I really like the City of Heroes style character creation, where you pick a uniform at creation from a bunch of different parts. I prefer the lightly armored warrior, like a blademaster style char., but am never able to create one in these games, I am always stuck with plate armor. With HJ I will finally be able to create this character by selecting a lighter armor appearance at creation. Can't wait.

Don't really know much else about the game yet besides that though. Need to go read up a bit.
Hey welcome to the forums deathmetal. You might want to try to go on the main website, and hit up the Movie section. It shows the character customization, and how in-depth it is. It dwarvs CoH character customization.

Old school huh? Been playing MMO's for quite some time then. Well hope you enjoy your stay here, and i'll be looking forward to your future posts!

Originally posted by deathmetal@Mar 6 2006, 07:41 AM
Isn't that the sad truth <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back