With You

Author- Addicted 2 Alias (Aly)

Disclaimer- I don't own Alias, Syd or Vaughn (DAMN!)... Now that I think about it... I don't own anything...lol... well not much. Alias n all its characters belong 2 JJ Abrams.

Spoilers- S2 episode 14. I didn't like the way the scene where Vaughn comes to pick Syd up at her apartment worked out so I'm re-writing it. Lol. Oh! And no evil-Francie.

Pairings- S/V of course!

Rating- Hmmm.... let's say PG just to be safe... but I’m pretty sure this will be annoyingly fluffy seeing as how I am partially incapable of writing anything anti-S/V. lol

A/N- This isn't very long, just something i wanted to write :smiley: I actually wrote it a long time ago but i havent posted any fic's on AA befor so here you guys go! I hope u enjoy! Please R/R! The more reviews I get, the quicker i will update.

*^*^*^*^*

Chapter 1

Syd POV

'Oh my god! Vaughn's going to be here in a little over an hour and I still haven't packed for the trip! felgercarb! Where's Francie?' I run around the house franticly, looking for Francie.

"Fran!" I call out loud enough for the neighbors to hear. "Where are you?"

There's a silent pause for a minute before I hear her reply, "Out the back Syd!"

I walk out onto the balcony door and to my relief Francie is kneeling in the garden planting something. I sigh as I make my way over to her. "Thankgod. I've been looking for you everywhere."

She looks up at me strangely and reaches down to pull off her dirty gardening gloves. I offer her a hand, which she takes, and I pull her up so she's standing. She puts her hands on my arms to calm me down. "Syd..." She begins giggling. "What's going on?" She asks curiously.

I smile sheepishly and look at the ground before turning my gaze to Fran again. "Okay, well remember that guy I told you about?" I ask shyly.

She nods her head and says, "Yeah, Michael, from the bank right?"

I nod my reply. Francie gives me a look to continue but I don't say anything so she asks "What about him?"

'I still haven't told her about the kiss. I guess this is an as good as any time to tell her.' I think to myself. Francie just keeps staring so I speak up, "Okay well the thing is..." I take a deep breath and Fran drops her arms to her sides waiting for me to continue, "Well yesterday we sort of... umm..." I trail off.

"Syd!! Spit it out girl!" Fran jokes lightly.

"We made out." I blurt, using the same phrase she used when telling me about her and Will.

Francie's eyes widen in shock and surprise until a huge smile breaks out on her face. "Oh my god!!!" She screams and pulls me into a gigantic hug. We both start giggling and when we pull apart Francie gives me 'that look'. You know that look that some people give you when they want more details? Like they're egging you on. It's kind of like that look your parents give you when your little and you’ve done something you know you shouldn't have, like eaten one of the cookies your mother baked but weren't supposed to eat until after dinner, or the look you father gives you when he spots the broken lamp in the hallway. I always used to get that look and it made me feel so guilty that I’d fess up within a matter of seconds. Well it's working.

I'm going to have to give her the CIA/SD-6 free version. This could be difficult, I realize. "Okay, well it's hard to explain but the other day Vaughn kind of told me that he had feelings for me." I begin and before I can say anything else Francie's face turns to a look of confusion. "Who's Vaughn?" She asks curiously.

"Oh," I giggle. "That's Michael's last name. Michael Vaughn." I say with a smile. "At work we address everyone mostly by the surnames, so like I'm Ms. Bristow blah blah blah." I say. Fran gives me 'that look' again so I continue.

"Everyone at work calls Michael, Mr. Vaughn, but I just got into the habit of calling him 'Vaughn' and it kind of stuck." I tell her truthfully.

"Okay..." She starts, "Well as you were saying, 'Vaughn'" She emphasizes the 'Vaughn', told you how he felt, and..."

"And the next few days after that were really, and I mean really busy at work so we never really got a chance to talk about it. Then yesterday we had this huge success with something we’ve been working on for over a year and afterwards he and I just made out!" I say joyfully.

Francie breaks out into another huge grin and pulls me into another hug and I can't help but laugh at her response. "I'm so happy for you Syd!" She says happily.

I smile back, "Thanks Fran."

"What was it like?" She asks chuckling. 'I knew these questions would come sooner or later.' I blush sheepishly, 'well I may as well tell her the truth about this!' I decide. "It was absolutely, without a doubt, the most amazing moment of my entire life." I reply happily.

"Oh Syd!" She sighs with a smile on her face. We laugh a little before walking up to the balcony and sitting on the swing.

There's a silence for a moment before she says, "But that still doesn't explain why you so nervous and jumpy. What's goin' on?"

I realize why I came looking for her in the first place and reply, "I have another business trip tonight but the thing is that Vaughn's coming too and he's going to be here in an hour or so to pick me up and I still haven't packed because I'm totally freaking out because he's never been to my place before and..." I rush out before Francie grasps my hand to get me to stop. I look up at her, "Syd. Settle down. You've still got plenty of time to pack and as for him never being here before, who cares! It's not like this is a date or anything right? You guys have plenty of time for that so right now, we're going to go inside and pack your stuff for the trip then before you know it, you and lover-boy will be on your plane heading off to where ever the hell it is your going." She says calmly.

"One; we're going to New York for a finance conference," I pull from the top of my head. "Two; he's not my 'lover-boy' as you so profoundly called him and three... " My look of frustration turns into a smile, "Thanks Fran."

She returns my smile and we stand and head into the house. "Okay, I'm going to make us some coffee. Why don't you go into your room and start packing and I'll be there in a minute." She suggests.

"Sounds good." I say as I make my way to my room.

*^*^*^*^*

Hope it didn't suck to much! Please review! I'll update it l8er tonight if anyone actually wnts me too. Lol

Aly xx

Great start!!!! If you do update, which I hope you do and soon, then please send a PM my way...if you would be so kind.

Thanks!
-Miriam

This is great, but she isn't going to New York, that liar!!
She's going to Cayo Cancha, which looks beautiful
Can I get a PM, please?

Hey All. Thnx heapz 4 da reviews, glad u like it!

Here's da Pm list so far-

kittykatsmeow
crazyaliasfan47
Alias Fan Gillian
jughelynj
shotput25ash
Sydney Bristow 2300844
stealthy
golfergirl230058
krzykty57789
sydandvaughnforever

Dats it rite? K, i'm about to update it now n i'll send u all PM's.

Aly xx

Hey All. Thnx again 4 da reviews. Hope this update doesn't suck too much. N i promise it'll start gettin fluffier in future chapters. :D Don't forget to R/R!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Chapter 2

Francie POV

I begin boiling the water when I hear the doorbell ring. I sigh as I put down the mugs and call out to Syd, "I'll get it!" As I walk to the door I straighten out my clothes and fix my hair.

Standing before me is what has to be one of the most attractive men I have ever laid my eyes on. His golden-brown hair is tussled like he just got out of bed but the rest of his appearance proves me wrong. His emerald green eyes are hypnotizing and his smile is enough to make any girl go weak in the knees.

I realize I am still yet to say anything so I offer him a warm "Hello". He smiles again and I grab hold of the doorframe to support my jelly-like knees. "Hey. I'm Michael, I work with Sydney..."

'This is Michael!!! Is it any wonder that girls had stars in her eyes. Jeez, when Syd said he was hot cute she sure wasn't exaggerating!!! Hot cute is like the worlds greatest understatement in this case!' I extend my hand to shake his outstretched one. "Hey, I'm Francie, her best friend slash room-mate." I reply with a chuckle.

He smiles back. "It's great to finally meet you, Francie." He says kindly.

"You too." I reply. "I've heard quite a lot about you." I say slyly but with a smile.

"Well don't worry, I’m sure not all of it’s true." He jokes. I smile in return.

'Syd was right. Hot cute and funny. This guy's got it all!'

"Oh! Sorry!" I say moving further into the house and gesturing for Michael to enter. "Come in."

He walks in and shuts the door behind him. "Thanks." he says. "I'm like an hour early so if Syd's not ready yet I can come back..." he begins.

"Don't be silly. I'm sure she wont mind the company. She's packing I think. At least, that's what I sent her in there to do."

"Syd!!!" I call out to her. "Can you come out here for a minute?"

"Just a second!" She calls out from her room.

Vaughn POV

I hear Syd's angelic voice from one of the rooms down the hall and can’t help but smile. Just then she submerges from her room and walks up the hallway coming towards us but she's got her head down reading some brochure and doesn't notice that I'm here.

"Hey Fran, look what I found. Remember we were supposed to go to that spa? Well now that work won’t be as busy, we can finally go. Oh and can you give me a hand with my suitcase? I asked Will to put it away last week and he shoved it right up the back of my wardrobe and now I can't reach it and Michael will be here soon and..." She rambles but stops when she looks up and sees me standing next to the counter. I smile at her and the sheet of paper she was holding drops to the ground.

"V... Vaughn!" She stumbles dumb-founded.

"Hey Syd." I reply. A smile creeps up on her face and soon her dimples are showing.

"You’re early." She states matter-of-factly.

My face drops. "Yeah I know... I can leave and come back later if you want." I say a little sadly.

"NO!" Her expression changes and she walks over to me and says a little more calmly, "I mean, no. You can stay I just wasn't expecting you now, that's all. I'm glad your here." She says sheepishly.

I smile back at her and we both turn and notice Francie in the kitchen grabbing her purse. "Where are you going?" Syd asks curiously.

"Umm... I have to go down to the supermarket to get some stuff for... dinner. I'm... I'm umm, Oh, I'm cooking dinner for Will and I tonight." She stumbles. Somehow I don't think that that was planned until that very moment. 'I wonder if Will knows about this dinner'. I smirk.

She reaches out to shake my hand again. "Well it was very nice to meet you Michael." She says kindly.

"You too Francie." I reply.

"Ah, Syd, can I talk to you for just a moment?" She asks her.

"Yeah sure." She responds. She turns to look at me and smiles, "Vaughn, make yourself at home." She says pointing to the lounge room. "I'll be right back." She smiles sweetly and I smile and nod as she and Francie make their way out the front door. I walk into the lounge room and take a seat and the comfy sofa.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Plz R/R!!!!

Aly xx

Back