a journey to the hill

Title: A Journey to the hill
Rating: G
Disclaimer: nope nope don't own anything nope nope nope

Ok this is a one partner that I'm posting for no apparent reason.

A Journey to the hill

******************Sometime in Sydney Bristow’s childhood*************

I jumped out of the car not knowing what I was doing. After mumbling something to my mom I took off. I was going for a walk. In my mind I had mapped the trip continue on this road make a left, go on the dirt path, continue to the park, find a bench, take a nap. I don’t what compelled me to go, but it was just an odd impulse, one of those you had to follow. When it comes to that map though something in my strange little soul decided to rip it to pieces and I found my self wandering up the sledding hill. Now it wasn’t sledding season, it was the middle of October.
Periwinkle flowers stood brightly in the soggy grass. For some odd reason I picked one and held I t in my hand while I slowly meandered up the hill.
The view from the peak was one of fog and trees with a few house tops. “There’s someone out there for me, I know it. Someone waiting for me just as I’m waiting for them. Maybe I’ve already met them, bickered with them, poked them, or touched their hair. I don’t know. They don’t either, but I will find them. I know it. When we do we make kiss, hug, or fight over whether or not we’re meant to be with each other. The bickering is a lost cause. Destiny has done its duty, and from then on it will be only a now. Spending each moment with them in now so in that moment their never gone. Now may be 1 second or 10 lifetimes. But the now is all you need.” It was a promise to myself. Then as if to seal the promise I spun around in circles stopped and blew on the flower and watched as the wind picked it up and carried it away and I fell to the ground.

*********Present*******************

Ever sense that day that hill had been my spot. Now a different thing than inspiration carries me there. Today is for sealing long lost promises. A promise that had buried in the memories of this place, for now is the day to dig it up. Once again the periwinkle flowers glittered through the mist. For a moment I was outside of my body watching my 13 year old self pick that flower, then suddenly I was back. Back in my 26 year old body, preparing myself to face what was hidden 13 years.
I stopped for a moment to gaze at the trees and the fog. This hill seemed to be left in time. It was like it never changed. In a world where time was always moving this one hill stood still watching over the rest like a great guardian. Spin, spin, spin blow. Slowly the flower swirled away. “I knew it’d come, and I’ve come to tell you. Whoever you is, for I don’t know you, and you know more about me then even he does. But that’s why I’m here. To let you know,” I took a deep breath then yelled “I’VE FOUND HIM!” For a moment I too seemed to be frozen in time. The kids at soccer practice below me stopped giggling and turned to stare at me, the ladies walking their dogs suddenly jerked on there dog’s chain as the turned to glimpse at me, but it didn’t matter. For I had found him, and I knew it. A warm sensation of ecstasy bubbled in my stomach making its way to my face. With a smile that simply could not be wiped off I fell to the ground once more. In that one moment everything seemed right. In that one moment I knew I loved Michael Vaughn.

do dod dod do

Back