A Spy's Legacy

TITLE: LEGACY
AUTHOR: SpyChic16
RATING:PG/PG-13
DISCLAIMER: I do not own ALIAS or any of its characters. I do own Lexa, Lana, Lily, Davia, and Dimitra for they are my creation alone.
SUMMARY: Sydney and Vaughn are married and have three daughters. Nadia and Weiss are married and have two daughters. Jack is the director of APO. Sloane is in prison. Sark and Anna Espinosa have escaped CIA custody and attempt to take revenge on Syd, Vaughn, Nadia, and Weiss by kidnapping their children. Irina attempts to rescue her grandchildren.

Chapter One.

"Mommy! Mommy, help us!" Lexa screamed
"Mommy, we need you!" Lana yelled.
"Mommy, we're scared! Help us!" Lily cried.
"Just hang on girls, I'm coming to get you! Sydney yelled back.
She ran down a long, dark corridor. She heard her daughters screaming for her help, for her to save them…and she would. The more her girls screamed, the faster she ran. It was dark all around her but she kept running towards the cries of her daughters and prayed she was going the right way.
Her lungs on fire, unable to breathe, her legs cramping up, but she didn’t care. Her daughters needed her to save them. She ran faster.
The corridor got shorter and a door of light appeared at the end. Behind that door she heard her daughters’ screams for help get louder. With a final burst of speed, Syd ran straight for the door, fully prepared to break it down by sheer force.
Then she heard a sound that not only stopped her legs, but her heart as well. Sydney heard three gunshots…and then silence.
“Lexa? Lana? Lily?” Sydney cried. No answer came. Over and over she called to her daughters and not one response. There was only the deathly chill of silence.
Praying she was wrong about her fears, Sydney shattered the door with a side blow from her shoulder.

What she saw on the other side of the door made her bolt upright in bed, gasping for breath.
Fear, panic, and adrenaline pulsed through every blood stream in her cold-sweat soaked body, causing all thoughts of going back to sleep to vanish from her thoughts. There was no going back to sleep tonight after what she just saw. There might not be sleep ever again, ever. What she saw terrified her. The thought that it was just a nightmare didn’t even occur to her. It was way too real to just be a nightmare.
Sydney just saw her three precious daughters lying in pools of rich, dark blood. All dead.
Sydney pulled her legs up to her chest and rested her head on her knees. Taking deep breaths, she tried to force her nightmares out of her mind.

“Get a grip, Syd. The girls are fine. It was just a dream”

She repeated this in her head over and over like a mantra. Waves of relief slowly erased the adrenaline rush of just a moment before. She knew the girls were fine, but she couldn’t help but wonder. The house seemed a little too quiet and Syd’s paranoia was running just a little too high at the moment. She glanced over at her husband. He was lying on his side, facing her, with his arm under his head, sleeping peacefully. She smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek, then slipped out of bed.

She changed out of the tank top and grey sweatpants that were her pajamas, and into her black track pants and a long sleeved Nike t-shirt. She quickly pulled her hair into a tight ponytail and was putting on her jogging shoes when a voice came from behind her.

“Syd, where are you going at 3:45 in the morning?” A tired Vaughn asked. Syd smiled and turned around. Vaughn was now lying on his back with both of his arms behind his head and his eyes still closed.

“I knew you weren’t asleep.” She replied, turning back to tying her shoes.

“You woke me up, woman. You have to pay the price. Tell me where you’re going.” He mumbled.

“First of all, I know you didn’t just call me ‘woman’. Second, I don’t have to pay any price. I didn’t wake you up, you woke yourself up. Third, I can’t sleep so I’m going for a run. I’ll probably be back before you wake up again. Or at least I will be if you can drag your butt out of this bed before the girls wake up.” She said playfully.

“Okay, now I’m mad,” he said.

Before Syd could ask what about, Vaughn grabbed her from behind and pulled her back on the bed, tickling her mercilessly.

“Vaughn, stop!! There is going to be serious hell to pay if you wake up the girls!” She said between breaths.

That of course got him to stop. Syd rolled over so that he was lying on his back again and she had her hands on either side of his head holding her up. She was looking down at him and he had his hands on her waist, looking up at her.

“So are you going to tell me now?” he asked.

“Tell you what?”

“Tell me why you bolted awake at 3:45 in the morning, causing me to wake up from my wonderful dream about the hula girls playing hockey and fear for your sanity.”

“Hula girls playing hockey?” Syd asked smiling.

“Yes, the very multi-talented hockey playing hula girls who occupy my dreams every time Eric and I have too many tequila shots on hockey night.”

“And you’re fearing for my sanity?” Syd teased.

“Sydney, please just tell me what’s going on with you” Vaughn pleaded.

“I just had a nightmare, Vaughn. Nothing is wrong with me.”

“Baby, this is the third ‘nightmare’ you’ve had this week and the ninth one you’ve had this month. Every time it happens you bolt awake, change clothes, go running at a ridiculous hour of the night, come back hours later, take a shower, change clothes again, make breakfast, and look at the girls like you’re afraid they’re going to explode like human bombs at any given second, causing them to worry about you, and causing me to once again fear-for-your-sanity!”

“You analyze me way too much for your own good.” Sydney replied, shaking her head in mock disgust.

“Yeah, well, old habits die hard.” Vaughn grumbled.

“Whatever,” Syd replied, “I’m gonna go for my run now, okay?”

“No. Not okay. I have theories on this situation and I wanna know if any of them are right.”

“Oh, great. I can’t wait to hear this.” Syd said, sarcastically.

“Theory One: You’re training for the next Olympic Decathlon.” He said.

“Not in this lifetime.”

“Theory Two: You’re having secret telepathic messages beamed into your brain and you run off to meet your alien leader about the best way to abduct our daughters into a spaceship before blasting off to the far side of Pluto.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Theory Three: You’re having an affair with a vampire.”

“You’re insane, Michael.”

“Theory Four…”

“Just how many theories do you have?!” Syd asked, laughing.

“A few now let me finish.”

“Sorry, go ahead.”

“Theory Four: You’re having an affair with a terrorist who wants the girls.”

“You’re mentally disturbed.”

”Damn, no luck so far? Okay. Theory Five: You’re running off to some dark nightly ritual done by pagans who want to sacrifice children to ensure good luck.”

“That’s it. I’m going for a run.” Syd rolled off her side of the bed and was grabbing her jacket from the closet when Vaughn started again.

“Theory Six: You’re going skinny dipping in the Pacific.”

“VAUGHN!! You’re insane! Go back to sleep!” she said laughing. As she was grabbing her keys off the dresser he said something that made her stop dead in her tracks.

“Theory Seven: In your nightmares, something really bad happens to the girls that freaks you out so badly that the only thing you can do to even suppress what you saw is to run through Los Angeles for hours at a time before coming back here and having your sub-conscious mind beat you to death with blind panic about what you saw because the girls are right there in front of you. What scares you most, however, is what you saw in your nightmares takes your daughters away from you and you don’t want that nightmare to become a reality. Did I get close that time?” he asked. Syd sighed. He knew her better than anyone. She should have known she wouldn’t be able to hide the truth about her nightmares from him forever.

“Like I said before, Michael. You analyze me too much for your own good.” She said without turning around. He was right, and they both knew it. Sydney stood in the doorway with her keys in one hand, her jacket in the other, with her back to him. Thoughts of what Vaughn might say if she told him the truth drifted through her head. She was contemplating what to say when she felt his arms slide around her waist. He pulled her against his chest and all thoughts, of any kind, left her mind in a foggy daze. She let herself fall against him and started to relax just a little bit.

“They’re just dreams, Syd.” He whispered into her ear. “Just stupid dreams. They don’t mean anything. The girls are fine. Whatever happens to them in your dreams, I swear to you we won’t let happen. So stop panicking, okay?”

Sydney stayed silent. How could he know? How could he know if they could stop it from happening? Could they if it did? As if Vaughn could read her thoughts, he turned her around to face him.

“It won’t happen.” He said firmly. “Whatever it is…”

“They die.” Syd said, cutting him off.

“What? How?”

“I’m not sure. I hear gunshots and when I find them they’re laying in blood. The dreams are exactly the same. Every time Vaughn!! How do we know if that won’t happen? How do we know that one day one of our many enemies isn’t going to come and…”

She was cut off by Vaughn’s lips on hers. The kiss was reassuring and gentle at first, meant only to shut her up. But as he started to pull away, she pulled him back and made the kiss deeper, more passionate, and he let her. They stayed like that for a few minutes until they both realized they needed to breathe. Resting their foreheads against one another’s, they tried to get their ragged breathing under control. After a minute had passed, Sydney looked up at Vaughn who was staring at her with great amounts of love and concern in his eyes.

“It won’t happen, Sydney. I promise. I won’t let anyone or anything take those girls away.” He said. Sydney gave a small smile and wrapped her arms around him.

“If it does?” she asked timidly.

“Then the person who takes them will have serious hell to pay.” He replied coolly.

The tone of his voice and the look in his eves were all Sydney needed to see and hear to know that he was telling the truth. She knew by those facts alone that she would hate to be the one to try to mess with Lexa, Lana, or Lily and try to get away with it. Vaughn was very protective of his girls, Sydney included. Just standing there in Vaughn’s arms while he rubbed little circles on her back, she felt like he would do anything to keep her and their daughters safe. But would it be enough if her nightmares became real?

“Feel better now?” he asked as she pulled from his warm embrace.

“A little. But I am still going for a run.” She pulled up and left a lingering kiss on his lips, ignoring the fact that he rolled his eyes at her last statement.

“Yeah, well, I’m gonna see if I can get those hockey playing hula girls to come back. And if I can’t I am going to be a very cranky man when you get back, Syd.”

Rolling her eyes at his lame attempt to be cute, Sydney slipped on her jacket, put her keys in her pocket, and headed out into the cool L.A morning. Lost in thought, she didn’t see the black van parked across the street, or the men inside watching every move she made.

*********PLEASE R&R*********

Luv Always, Spy :cool:
:redhair:

uh this is very interesting

“Theory One: You’re training for the next Olympic Decathlon.” He said.

“Not in this lifetime.”
:lol: totally understandable, i wouldn't take part in it either

I love his theories, they're very funny

please pm me when you update and update soon :D

Chapter Two.

Eight o’clock on the dot and Michael Vaughn’s alarm clock started blaring. Groaning in protest, Vaughn shut up the annoying device by hitting the snooze button. Finally admitting to defeat, he opened his tired eyes and took in the fact that it was morning. Particularly that it was fairly early in the morning. He hated early mornings. A trait he blamed on his wife’s bad influence. She wasn’t exactly a morning person either. Not usually anyway. (Aside from her weird psychological need to go running at 3:45 in the morning.) Looking to his left he immediately saw that Sydney wasn’t there.

He was getting really worried about her. Well, he always worried about her, after all she is Sydney. But this is different. All of these nightmares she has been having. The constant look of fear and dread on her face at the thought of losing her daughters. The look in her eyes when she told him the content of her nightmares. All of it made Vaughn worry even more about her. Sydney had a tendency to beat herself up over things that weren’t in her control on missions, but when her own family was involved, she believes everything is on her shoulders.

Vaughn lost count of how many times the fate of the world had been put on Sydney’s shoulders and how many times she hadn’t let the world down. A part of him was so proud of her for being selfless all of the time. Another part of him was sickened by the fact that the world’s fate had to be put on her shoulders to begin with. The CIA took advantage of Sydney’s remarkable abilities as an agent. Then again it wasn’t entirely the CIA’s fault. Sydney herself put the weight of the world on her own shoulders numerous times. Which saddened Vaughn because with himself, Nadia, Weiss, Dixon, Jack, and Marshall all beside her, the whole world’s fate never should be completely Sydney’s burden.

Now she’s putting the fate of this family on her shoulders, too? Vaughn would definitely have to stop that. After all, they're my daughters too. Speaking of which, the noises he heard outside his door assured him he wasn’t the only person in this house awake. It was definitely morning in the Vaughn house again.

********************<O> <O> <O> <O> <O> ********************

The sound of her feet beating the pavement kept her focused. The feel of her blood pulsing through her veins filled her with a sense of tranquility only running could give her. Lost in adrenaline the only thing that mattered was the destination that lay ahead. Thoughts, worries, fears, concerns, everything disappeared when she ran. Sydney learned long ago the therapeutic properties a long run could provide her with and continued to exploit them to their fullest possible extent.

In the world she lived in, the things she saw and dealt with every day on the job would probably send any normal person’s therapy bill through the roof. Hell, most normal people would be lucky to escape a sanitarium after just a few days in her job. But Sydney Bristow, now Sydney Vaughn, was not normal. She was born a spy.

Born the daughter of a Russian terrorist and a stoic CIA agent, Sydney had never had a desire to be open or up front with anyone. She didn’t trust people as openly as some others, even other agents would, but then again, she had more reason than most to distrust everyone on sight. So talking to a stranger, even a psychiatrist, about the madness and mayhem she lived and breathed everyday on the job wasn’t exactly an option. Sydney didn’t have the luxury of therapy, so she ran. Running was all the therapy she needed to get through anything. Well, that and her very sexy, co-spy husband, Michael Vaughn. He had some pretty therapeutic properties himself… very few of which involved actually talking.

As Sydney came to the Santa Monica Pier, her choice running destination of the morning, she slowed her pace and let her thoughts return and dwell on her husband. If Sydney ever had to be sure of one thing in her life, it was definitely that Michael Vaughn was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

Throughout every bad thing that had happened to her since she found out the truth of SD-6, he had been her best friend and sole confidant. Every time she needed him, whether they were together or not, he was right by her side. She trusted him beyond any doubt. He knew her better than she knew herself. She should have known that only Vaughn would be able to make her feel better about her nightmares and she couldn’t figure out why she never told him about them in the first place.

Except she did know. She didn’t tell him because she was scared. If she had told Vaughn about her nightmares, it would make them that more real. That was the last thing she wanted. Lexa, Lana, and Lily were a connecting link to her husband. Three living symbols of the connection that she and Vaughn shared: A powerful, undeniable love and a life one couldn’t possibly live without the other. Losing just one of their daughters would be like losing a large piece of that connection and that was just less than an option. The connection she had with Vaughn was all that kept her sane. What would be left of her without it?

Vaughn and I have survived everything that life has thrown at us, Sydney thought to herself, but could we survive the deaths of our daughters?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<O>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luv,
Tatyanna :redhair:

Okay guys.

I'm sorry for the long wait but chapter three will be up soon! And look for Nadia, Weiss and their girls to be in it!!

Back