Ali-itis

ok! I can't be the only one getting it! Who else is a victim of Ali-itis? It's the result of pining too much for your favorite tv show!!!

FAQs about Ali-itis:
What are some common symptoms?
*See 47 everywhere, or numbers that are almost 47, like 74 or 58, where you subtract 1 from each number (that's my main symptom...i must see the number 47 at least 4 times a day, 7 days a week! ahhh! there it is again!)
*Flinch every time you hear the words "Sydney" or "Bristow" (that's another symptom that i have...when I was watching the Olympics, they kept referring to the Sydney olympics!!! and i kept flinching!!! and then i heard this commercial on the radio, about some guy named Joe Bristow!!!)
*Watch S1 and S2 and S3 DVDs over and over! (all weekend, yep!!! ^_^ )
*Read Alias books over and over! (yep! that's me! :D )
*Waited like crazy for the day when the S3 DVDs were yours! (me! me! me!)
*Is on AllAlias.com ALL the time! (every day! ^_^)
*Goes crazy when sees cool technology like fingerprint scanners or eye scanners or hand scanners!!!! (yes!!! i saw an article in the paper about those password saving fingerprint scanners! SO COOL!!! ^_^)
*There are MANY more symptoms, but the general symptoms vary from person to person.
How do I treat it?
*Well, unfortunately, there are not many treatments. The only known treatments are to give in to your Alias demands (DVDs, books, etc.) and to frequent Alias websites such as AA as often as possible.
*****URGENT UPDATE*****
There has been a breakthrough in the treatment of Ali-itis! RAMBALDI PILLS!
Says Dr. Aliasgirl47...
"ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! while they were studied by the CIA, they were proved to have no harmful side effects, but, under careful inspection, the partakers of the pills develop side effects such as craving for un-frosted pie, loss of memory/identity, unknown stomach scars, and obsession with prophecies. If you are experiencing any of these side affects, please contact your physician immediately."
Is there a cure?
*The only cure is to hold on to sanity and wait until S5 starts. Or if you are in a country awaiting a different season, wait for it! But don't go crazy!
Are there others suffering out there with me?
*The number of Ali-itis sufferers is currently unknown. That's why this thread is here! So we can identify all the people with Ali-itis!

If you think you have it....please....LET ME KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE WITH THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE!!!!!! ^_^

MEMBERS OF THE ALI-ITIS SUPPORT GROUP
aka people who are brave enough to proclaim their undying love to/obsession with Alias!

1. Alias_Fan0202
2. Vaughn's Baby Girl (thought of "i suffer from ali-itis" for sig! ^_^)
3. xinli11
4. mountaineer68
5. bellasbaby
6. Sabella (thought of the list! ^_^ )
7. Natalia
8. alias_freakazoid
9. Skyligrl5
10. Alias_Freak (thought of support group! ^_^ )
11. scope
12. #1redwigfan
14. bristowbabe47
15. cute_as_candy
16. MeganGarnerBristow
17. fridolina
18. Quiet Disaster
19. Alias_Freak_47
20. sPyInThEdArK
22. fivetoesonefoot
23. cg's-gal_72689
24. Double Agent
25. luv4dogs
26. pii_lena4ever
27. Monstica
28. Tinkerbell47
29. ALiAs*syd&vaughn*
30. Bubbles
31. **Mountaineer**
32. Spirit
33. Aliasgirl47
34. secret_agent_angel
35. MargoSark
36. gucci_94
37. Soffan
38. sydney_alias_vaughn
39. mrs.marshal030791
40. Rambaldi_Follower
41. AlIaSMVLuVa
42. i'm an aliasaholic
43. StAgEpRiNcEsS
44. agentmoose
45. sd6452
46. Hired-Goon
47. UncoveringAlias
47.13. m<o>j
48. aliasgangster47
49. LilliDrew Vartan
50. Sarkasim
51. bep
52. Julesters
53. nataliethealiasfreak
54. Lemon-Krumpitz
55. Alias=Life
56. Kelly V
57. Syd_Vaughn 4ver
58. maddy28
59. xMountineer02300844x
60. undercover_spy
61. Aliasaholic47
62. syd_47
63. BlueBird015

ahhhhhh! i have all the symptoms!!! i have ali-itis!!!!!!! :eekhair: :lol:

i especially corespond with symptom #1 - everytime i see #47 my heart stops and i'm like dun dun dah!!!!!!!! :lol:

i hope i don't go crazy waiting for January :P :happydance:

Ohh man I've got it bad then:

*See 47 everywhere

I play this game in my head everytime I see some numbers, I automatically try to form the number 47 out of them.

*Flinch every time you hear the words "Sydney" or "Bristow"

yep, that's me too.

*Watch S1 and S2 DVDs over and over! (this WOULD be one of my symptoms, but i cannot find any time except for the weekends. but then i guess the weekends count, too happy.gif )

That's the great thing about having two monitors. I can always keep an episode of Alias running on the 2nd screen. Too bad I have to spend most of the day at work.

*Wait for the day when the S3 DVDs, no matter how bad, can be yours!

Yep. Like I said in another thread, marked on Outlook calendar.

*Is on AllAlias.com ALL the time!

Yep..that's me. Just look when I joined this forum, and how many posts I've made.

omgod, thats me :shock:

tell it to me strait how long hav i got :byesad:

ali-itis hmmmmm :Ponder: i guess i could live with that

my mum recons ive got an obsesive complsive fix on alias
its not true i tell u :nonono:

thaks 4 informing me on the curent status of my obsession:v:

bb :woot:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>OMG! I have all those symptons! :yikes: well it's kinda nice to know there is others out there like me! ^_^ I got really freaked out some months ago because I looked up at my tutor room door and read the number on it and guess what?? It said "47" and my god did that freak me out, I kept saying it must be a coincedence in my head! Oh and I watch the eps over and over on DVD and read the books. By the way which is your favourite book so far??? I can't wait till S3 comes out on DVD but I prob won't get it till Christmas cos I need Region 2 cos I live in England!!!! Urgh, that makes me mad :angry: ! You should make a list of everyone who's got Ali-itis call it sumthing like I've got Ali-itis or sumthing??? ^_^ </span>

Or, you could be a fully-grown adult, like me, who does a lot of international travel every year. I get to airports in places like India and Sri Lanka, see the guards with the rifles and machine guns, and think, "Cool, this is just like Sydney on a mission!"

I have all of season three, and some of the first two seasons on my computer, so I get distracted all the time watching them instead of doing work!

Me all the way! The only thing is that i don't have the first or second season on dvd, but man do I want them! I'm glad we have these kind of websites to fill the time until the fourth season begins. I CAN'T WAIT!!

lordy i definatly hav ALL those symptoms
cuz im in school again now - i cant be on AA as much and im litterally having withdrawl symptoms
im in class and im like 'oh i could be on AA right now :depressed:"

Skyligrl5 said:
lordy i definatly hav ALL those symptoms
cuz im in school again now - i cant be on AA as much and im litterally having withdrawl symptoms
im in class and im like 'oh i could be on AA right now :depressed:"
[post="984925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i have that too, but its more like im in class thinking i could skip and go watch s1 or s2.

man i hope s4 is worth the wait, i might be kicked out of school by then for not going to class and watching alias 24/7 or being on this board ( i hope they dont block this site like they are blocking everything else around here).

thank god im not the only one out there who is like that. my friends all think that i am the only one with an alias shirt and pics from alias in their locker!

#1redwigfan said:
thank god im not the only one out there who is like that.  my friends all think that i am the only one with an alias shirt and pics from alias in their locker!
[post="985107"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Always remember your not alone. If you need a support group, we're here!

*Stands up*

Meredith: Hi, my name is Meredith, and I've had the Ali-itis for about 3 years now.

Group: Hi Meredith!

Natalia said:
I have all of season three, and some of the first two seasons on my computer, so I get distracted all the time watching them instead of doing work!
[post="984748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I"lm telling ya, dual monitor. Have the episodes run in sequence and loop back in Winamp on the 2nd monitor. That's what I do. This way, every day I play several episodes. And you can fully concentrate on your work on the 1st monitor and pay attention to the dialogue in the back of your mind. I've trained myself to really multitask that way.

Xin Li

scope said:
i have that too, but its more like im in class thinking i could skip and go watch s1 or s2.

man i hope s4 is worth the wait, i might be kicked out of school by then for not going to class and watching alias 24/7 or being on this board ( i hope they dont block this site like they are blocking everything else around here).
[post="985049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I may get fired before you get kicked out of school, if I can't stop myself from browsing this forum at work.

Sabella said:
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>You should make a list of everyone who's got Ali-itis call it sumthing like I've got Ali-itis or sumthing???  ^_^ </span>
[post="984698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

good idea!!!!! yay!!!! :D I'll go make it!!! everyone who comes on this thread and proclaims "I've got Ali-itis!" can be on the list!!!! ^_^

Yes, but the question is who among us have the strength of conviction to stand tall and proclaim our obsession and undying devotion to Alias.

xinli11 said:
Yes, but the question is who among us have the strength of conviction to stand tall and proclaim our obsession and undying devotion to Alias.
[post="985718"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

True. Very true.

Back