Alias awaiting return slot

Alias News

Official News Poster
From zap2it:

ABC Slots Four Midseason Shows; 'Alias' MIA
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
05:38 PM PT

ABC will be performing some scheduling gymnastics to get the remainder of its large midseason slate on the air, with four new series joining the previously slated "Sons & Daughters" on the network in March and April.

Left out of the mix, however, is "Alias," which was originally scheduled to return in March for its final episodes but is now a schedule orphan.

First up among the new shows is the unscripted series "Miracle Workers," which debuts at 10 p.m. ET Monday, March 6, a week after "The Bachelor: Paris" concludes its season. A feel-good show in the vein of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," the series follows a team of doctors and nurses who will help people overcome overwhelming medical issues.

"Miracle Workers" will air for four weeks before giving way to the drama "What About Brian," which stars "7th Heaven" alum Barry Watson as a single guy in his 30s whose friends are all married or about to be. Complicating matters, he has a massive crush on his best friend's (Matthew Davis, "Legally Blonde") fiancee (Sarah Lancaster, "Everwood").

"Brian" will premiere on Sunday, April 2, where it will have the advantage of "Desperate Housewives" as a lead-in, before moving to its Monday home the following night. ABC will also return "Supernanny" to Mondays at 9 p.m. March 6.

Thursday, March 16 will bring the two-hour debut of "American Inventor," a series executive produced by "American Idol's" Simon Cowell. The show will give would-be Edisons a chance to show off their ideas to viewers and a panel of judges, with the winner getting a chance to bring his or her invention to consumers.

The show will settle in at 9 p.m. Thursdays on March 23. Also that night, a series of four "Home Edition" specials featuring the show's team helping disaster victims on the Gulf Coast will debut in the 8 p.m. hour. With "Primetime" remaining at 10, "Alias" has no place to go for the remainder of its final season. An ABC rep couldn't be reached Wednesday to discuss where the show might land.

ABC's final midseason entry is "The Evidence," a crime procedural from "ER" executive producer John Wells that debuts at 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 22 ("Invasion" will go on hiatus and return in April to finish its season). The show follows two San Francisco detectives (Orlando Jones and Rob Estes) who reconstruct crimes based on the evidence collected at the scene.

ABC previously announced that "Sons & Daughters" will take "Commander In Chief's" Tuesday spot for six weeks starting March 7. "Chief" will return April 18.

OMG WHAT THE HELL!!! ALIAS IS THE BEST SHOW OUT THERE, AND SHOUND'T HAVE TO NOT HAVE A TIME!!! What is this insanity??????? I NEED Alias, and they better figure this out soon or I'm going to be so mad :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

:::::TAKES DEEP BREATH:::::::

this is in no way shape or form funny.....

NOT FUNNY AT ALL...........

I DON'T LIKE THIS...... :banghead: :cuss: :blowup:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

think i've said enough. but I really don't think alias is never going to air again. they just can't find a timeslot, but they will. there's no way that they would warn the producers about the cancellation in NOVEMBER and pull this now. they WILL find a time, and it WILL be back.

I mean, JJ would not sit by and let this happen. Believe me guys, we'll hear something soon.

Still, I just...I mean...it leaves your stomach all sickly, you know? I mean, we KNOW Alias will be coming back, but you wonder whether the heads of the network are really on drugs or something. I know J.J. is thinking of and knowing how angry us, the fans, are right now, and I know it's driving him to do something about it. He WILL NOT LET ALIAS DIE THIS DEATH.

This is going to drive me absolutley insane!!! It's all I'm going to be able to think about. You know what, even if they do give it a time I'm still going to be mad for treating this amazing show like it's a peice of garbage. OMG I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't get this off my mind. Can u imagine if they didn't out it back on the air? I would seriosuly go crazy!! You would never know what happens to eveyone. Ok, you know what I shoudn't even think about that. It's going to drive me insane. I'll shut up now.

~Andea :angelic:

this is definitely not a good news ... :(

I feel betrayed that ABC has decided to not put Alias up and finish it up like they had promise ... but I must say ... this move gives ABC the chance to put "Alias" whenever they might think it is convenient for them to finish the season ...

Just think about it ... we still have like 10 to 12 episodes from this season ... JJ has now enough time to work on the rest of the season ... the writers are now ready to work on a fabolous series finale ... we all know they wanted to bring most everybody back ... but with this move ... (I am sure JJ knows when it comes back) they will be preparing the best send off ever ... and even we might have finally get our wish when ABC let "Alias" take its time-slot of Sundays at 9pm ... soon after DHW says goodbye for the season ...

I am mad as hell :blowup: since I have been counting the days till March ... but maybe, just maybe ... this will be good for the show itself ...

Go figure! Just as I begin counting down the days to the return of Alias, and allowing myself to get excited about the remainder of the seasin, this happens. Could life get any worse??? Okay it could, but right now I'm stinkin' mad!

As long as we get to see the rest of the episodes at some point, I'll be OK.

If not, words cannot describe how mad I will be!! :angry:

I'm not too worried, though, because I'm sure we'll get the full S5 DVD's, even if the rest of Alias doesn't air on ABC. I'm also hopeful that it will get the timeslot of another show, though. That would be good!

ABC needs to realize that Alias is more valuable than...all of Rambaldi's artifacts combined! lol

Still, if we don't get all of our Rambaldi questions answered, get to see Sydney have her baby, or get to watch whatever else may or may not be in the final episodes of Alias, well...then I should probably warn everybody to stay out of my way, because I WILL be pissed!!

I hope that I'll get to see the conclusion to my favorite TV show of all time!

yeah ... I say we all meet at ABC's head-quarters and we demand to talk to the head of ABC ... and tell to better give us Alias ... or we will send in Sydney Bristow to kick his A$$

You know that commercial (career builder.com I think) on television with all the monkeys running the office, I'm pretty sure that was filmed at ABC headquarters.

GarnerForEmmy, as much as I agree with you....

Hey guys, we have to be more optimistic. Networks go through this all the time and just because a day after starting to build this new schedule Alias doesn't have an official time slot doesn't mean their dropping it. Think about how rediculous that would be even they wouldn't do that it makes no sense; they said they would send it off proper and they will. I mean the very article said that ABC is in the midst of a 'scheduling gymnastics'; they're in a pickle, a mess. But its going on as we speak and as we speak people are sitting at a desk (I'm sure JJ has made some phone calls to make sure this isn't what we think) and trying to sort this out. And THEY WILL. It'll just take more than two days, ok?

See it took me awhile to get over the fact that this is Alias's last season, but now this!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ABC is the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

i wonder if ABC don't give it a slot if they will release the dvds quicker?

stupid ABC!!!

Thats what I was thinking, but would they release the unaired episodes too, Or just leave us in the dark?? I HATE ABC!!!
:angry:

Back