Alias Comic Art by Andy Park

Hebime

Cadet
OK, hello, I am new here, and I hope this is the right place for this.
(I looked and didn't find this here so I thought I would share it)

You may remember a few years ago there was an Alias comic boook announced.
It never happened. Why? Because the guy who got the liscense was a Mr. Rob Liefeld and he is a crazy person who can barely get 1 issue of his own creation Youngblood out a year. The artist who had been attached to the product was Andy Park. he is a talented artist and actually finished several pages of artwork before the project was killed.

He has posted the pages over at his website
http://www.andyparkart.com/aliasmain.htm

Take a look. the cover image alone is worth the click.

Hebime

acting_chica said:
those are incredible! why was it cancelled?

m-c
[post="1465470"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It wasn't cancelled so much as it never happened. Liefeld's company is notorious for soliciting books and never shipping them. It just got so late that it was cancelled by the distributor and never solicted. They guy has the attention span of a 5 year old on Jolt Cola and Snickers Bars.......

Heck, I had always hoped SOMEBODY else would pick up the liscense, but so far it hasn't happened.

I've got the cover as my background pic!

At ComicCon 2005 there was an Alias graphic novel on display. I believe it's set for release around now... but so far I haven't found it. :(

I hope it actually worked out, because the original pics you've linked to look so awesome.

There's been articles about it in Alias Magazine. The first official Alias Comic Book/Graphic Novel is set to be released in Italy by September (so I guess it was already released there) and in the U.S. by the end of the year, but we probably won't see it in the States until Spring.

Back