Alias' not so good ratings

What do you think is to blame for Alias' not so great ratings??

• Too complicated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad time slot

• On a bad network

• Not enough advertising for Alias

• Total voters
I did a null vote because I think it' a combination of everything.

I'd say the biggest problem is the complication, since that is what most analysts blame. I know it's not complicated for us, but that's because we're regular viewers. But I won't go any further into the complexity of the show because, well, I don't feel like thinking :P

Alias could have a much better time slot, but I think it wouldn't make too much of a difference. A better lead in would be just as good, if not better than a new time slot.

ABC sucks.

And yes, the advertising isn't that good. I've only seen two good commercials for Alias (for Phase One and Season 3). They need to display what Alias is and the quality of it better.

i think its bad advertisement.i don't see a lot of comercial so i bet some people don't know anything about the show so they say it sucks and don't watch it.

i think it's too complicated. not for me, or alias fans, but if someone wanted to watch it in the middle of season 2, etc., i sympethize them because it might be a bit confusing to catch on right away. and to avoid the confusion, they might keep watching, or they might give up, looking for a more simplistic show. most of the excuses for people that don't watch Alias is that it's a bit hard for them to understand. WE might get it, because we've watched it from the start.... the whole Sloane, Sd-6, and how Derevko got in the picture. but try explaining to a newbie how derevko really got in the picture- she was syd's mom, who pretended she died, and then it turned out she worked for the russian spies, and she turned herself in to the CIA, but had a master plan going on with herself and sloane, she escapes, but she tries to save sydney, is she good or bad?, etc.

I really don't want Alias to change its intellectual content, but i have a feeling that most of the excuses for not good ratings leads to the complication of the plot that most newbies can't catch on. and when the newbies can't catch on, the number of viewers won't grow. :angry:

I agree with everyone who said that there isn't enough advertisment. Most shows even advertise on other networks. Like I have seen ABC shows advertising on Fox and I think ABC also.

The other problem is that the main time the Alias ads are played is while the show is playing. So you don't gather any new viewers, it just makes the Alias addicts (us basically, lol) stare at the screen and go "ohhhhh... :eek: :D :woot: " lol

Sydne Bristow said:
I agree with everyone who said that there isn't enough advertisment. Most shows even advertise on other networks. Like I have seen ABC shows advertising on Fox and I think ABC also.

The other problem is that the main time the Alias ads are played is while the show is playing. So you don't gather any new viewers, it just makes the Alias addicts (us basically, lol) stare at the screen and go "ohhhhh... :eek: :D :woot: " lol
Really? As far as I know, it's unheard of to advertise a show on a different network. Interviews are a different case, but celebrities are more likely to be interviewed on their own show's network.

Alias ads are usually aimed towards regular viewers, which is common and understandable. But I think they should focus on new viewers because regulars will watch the show to see how that dang cliffhanger gets solved. I know it sounds greedy, but this is show business - the ads shouldn't focus on us, it should focus on getting new viewers.

Hopefully the commercials are aimed at regulars because ABC cares for the Alias fans and not because they're beyond nimwits.

I personally think that it is because, they DO NOT advertise enough. I only see one or two commercials a week if I'm lucky. They need to start advertising now, and a lot more.

shakila said:
i think its bad advertisement.i don't see a lot of comercial so i bet some people don't know anything about the show so they say it sucks and don't watch it.
I agree cuz so many ppl at my school say it sux but they've never even seen it...

Back