Alias on Channel 5 (read this guys)

jems

michael's widow in mourning
ok guys I am sick of Channel Five having the rights to rerun season 2 and not doing. and when i just read they also have the rights to the season 3 premiere i was just not a happy chappy 🇳🇴

SO

i have decided its time to act. I just sent this email to channel five and I would like to plea with all UK viewers to do the same. Feel free to simply copy and paste :smiley:

Dear Five,
I heard that you have the terrestrial rights to repeat the second series of Alias and have rights to show the premier of the third series. I was therefore appalled to hear there are still no plans to air Alias on Five. As a dedicated Alias viewer I am writing in an attempt to coerce Five to get Alias back onto terrestrial television. It is by far the best action show on television at the moment and appeals to all ages. On Bravo the viewing figures are high (for that channel) but as it gains popularity and indeed as Jennifer Garner becomes more popular in the UK (as I am sure she will after her movie 13 Going On 30 if released next week) Alias has the potential to become extremely popular in the UK. Indeed in both America and Australia the show is HUGE! Please reconsider airing Alias on Five. I am writing on behalf of all British members of the allalias.com forums.
Sincerely

POST EDITED TO SAY:

ok so i got a reply from the five guys and here is what they said:

Dear Jemma

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Alias and please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.

We have never said that we will not be screening Series 3 of the programme. Our rights do not begin until September this year, so the programme will not be screened before this time. We suggest that you contact us again during September for further information on scheduling.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

hurrah - so maybe we willget series 3 on after all!! sensible chaps. :woot: :smiley:

I emailed them loads of times when they put Alias in the graveyard shift but they emailed everyone the same response so i went mad at them again and they sent a peronalised thing to me which was the same response but dear Emma at the beginning. Ridiculus. There email adress is in my contact list cus i knew i'd have to email them again. I hope they show season 3 soon cus i've only saw the few clips on Alias media and the 3 episodes from the convention. They were great though. I was expecting bad things from them from what i've heard.

Yeah, I did it!
Apparently they are meant to be showinf S3 in September, according to Alias magazine.
But this problem could have been solved if, either five bought the rights to S1, and showed it before S2, or did a Story So Far type thing, because Alias is complicated.
Some people in this country need to publicise Alias more heavily: it always gets good reviews, it's just that people don't know that it exists. My Spanish teacher had a French magazine she got on holiday when she went to France. It had a half-page advertisement for Alias DVDs, an article on Jennifer Garner, and an article on 13 going on 30 (I can't believe it's only coming out on the 4th of August! How late is this country), and you would never see any of those things in a magazine here, other than Alias magazine.

>>I emailed them loads of times when they put Alias in the graveyard shift but they emailed everyone the same response so i went mad at them again and they sent a peronalised thing to me which was the same response but dear Emma at the beginning. Ridiculus. There email adress is in my contact list cus i knew i'd have to email them again. I hope they show season 3 soon cus i've only saw the few clips on Alias media and the 3 episodes from the convention. They were great though. I was expecting bad things from them from what i've heard. <<

Absolutely ridiculous. And the times they put it on were crazy too. I had to set my video to tape with about half an hour on each side of the episode because I never knew whether it would start at 12.30 or 1.00 or what. (It also doesn't help that fives stupid transmission doesn't tape well at all on my machine.) And even more crazy is that they are showing Marshall Law repeats now, when they easily could be showing the Alias ones that so many people missed.

litlle_miss_vaughn, don't you know anyone who has bravo at all? Me and Meg begged our friend to tape the episodes for us. But the sound sometimes cuts off. And I have a Alias-free summer :(
Anyway, <o> out y'all

yeah - i sometimes wish i worked for lie heat magazine or something and then i could totally publisize it (y)

and btw - did you guys here radio one last week going on about ben affleck is dating some wpman called jennifer garner - <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>SOME WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span> TSKTSK 🇳🇴

i felt like phoning in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :angry:

It aint even true, just a rumour, which is really getting to me now, coz of this bull there are rumours about

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Michael Vartan not returning next season, which is bu*l*hit coz D.D and Jinne have both stated that, that is not true! <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

its all going over board! :(

So anyway ive sent the e-mail! And im off to bed now :asleep:

jems said:
yeah - i sometimes wish i worked for lie heat magazine or something and then i could totally publisize it (y)

and btw - did you guys here radio one last week going on about ben affleck is dating some wpman called jennifer garner - <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>SOME WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span> TSKTSK 🇳🇴

i felt like phoning in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :angry:
WHAT? The nerve of radio1. I used to love them too.Some woman. Cant believe that. And Meg and J, none of my friends could record it for me as not a lot of them have Bravo and the ones that did didnt have control of the tele cus of siblings or parents. So annoying.

Ok i emailed five again and this was the response i got

Dear Emma

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Angel and Alias and please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.

We hold the rights to Series 3 of Alias but as they do not begin until September, the programme will not be screened until then.

At present, we do not hold the rights to Series 5 of Angel but this is something that our Acquisitions Department are looking into.

For further information on both series please feel free to contact us again at a later date.

I left the Angel thing in just incase anyone was intersted. But hopefully it will be on in September. Thats only next month.

yup emma its looking good right. just hope they dont stick it on at midnihgt like .last time.

Mad bout Alias said:
It aint even true, just a rumour, which is really getting to me now, coz of this bull there are rumours about

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Michael Vartan not returning next season, which is bu*l*hit coz D.D and Jinne have both stated that, that is not true! <!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

its all going over board!  :( 

So anyway ive sent the e-mail! And im off to bed now  :asleep:
[post="938756"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just wanted to say that i hope that it is just a roomor and hope that he doesnt leave,

thankyou jem for writting to channel 5 and thankyou for information about series 3, i cant wait until series 3 comes out!!!

P.S heres a background(s) for your computers and to say thanks to Jems

They Sent me:

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Alias and please allow us to apologise for the delay in responding.(I'd rather you apologise for the delay in showing Season Three of Alias!)

Five holds the rights to repeat Series 2(So why don't ya huh?) of the programme and to show Series 3.  However, we do not have a scheduled transmission date at present.(And this is because???) Please feel free (Oh I feel free. Very, very free...) to contact us at a later date when further information may be available and do keep an eye on our television listings. (Darn right I'll be keeping an eye! Who, in my situation wouldn't?)

Thank you for your interest in Five. (My intrest is not in Five, it is merely in the fantastic shows that they buy and fail to screen properly.)

Yours sincerely

VIEWER ADVISOR (What, is that your name or something? Let me guess, your parents were clairvoyants, and knew you'd end up working in television customer services?)

Oh, they make me so mad...we were in a minibus, and saw some people in five t-shirts who worked for five, so I shouted "Five Suck! Bring Back Alias" out the window...*lowers head in shame* Has it really gone this far?

>>And Meg and Jai, none of my friends could record it for me as not a lot of them have Bravo and the ones that did didnt have control of the tele cus of siblings or parents. So annoying. <<
Evil parents and siblings...the same evil parents who won't get me Sky...

Jai

lol Jai... i refuse to let channel 5 to be watched in the whole of my house... i would say that yes, it really has gone this far... (y) :laughbounce:

Hey, You cannot say that channel 5 is rubbish because they show alot of good programmes and hopefully they will be airing Alias series/season 3 which is good news, i have sent an email to channel 5 (five) and this is what I sent them,

Mr Ashley Cardwell made this enquiry:

Hello, I am a really big Alias fan and i was woundering if your going to be airing alias series 3 in September, and if so when and what time please, if you have a copy of the alias showings please could you email me them, I have heard that you have had a few of alias askings about series 3 and please do not think about taking it of air because then there will be millions of disappointed fans, me including, i use to watch series 1 on channel 4, then they stopped then series 2 on channel 5 and i am hoping that you'll be airing series 3 and series 4 next year, please get back to me by email or post:

This is what Channel 5 (five) had to say...

Date: 31st August 2004

Dear Ashley,
Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding Alias

Whilst we have the rights to broadcast Series 3 no dates have yet been scheduled. We can only recommend keeping an eye on the listings magazines or contacting us again at a later date when more information may be available.

Yours sincerely

VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Five Customer Services are as follows:

Telephone: 0845 7 05 05 05

Text telephone for use by deaf people: 0845 7 41 37 87

E-mail: customerservices@five.tv

Fax: 020 7836 1286

Yours
Dixon

Dixon said:
they show alot of good programmes
[post="984559"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

He's right! <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>CSI</span> being one of them <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> :rolleyes: </span>

First of all i don't live in the States so I don't actually care about channel 5 showing it or not. S3 is still on Tv here and I'm gonna get Alias S1-S3 DVD-s soon anyway. However to a person who hasn't got the DVD-s it's quite important. I mean everybody wants to watch Alias. And if channel 5 is gonna show Alias more people are gonna be fans and many will come to the sitea and....you know the rest. Anyway we will get more fans on this page. :D :D

First of all i don't live in the States

Neither do we! We live in the land of scones, Earl Grey, tom-mart-toes, and bright red telephone boxes!

And if channel 5 is gonna show Alias more people are gonna be fans and many will come to the sitea and....you know the rest. Anyway we will get more fans on this page. 
That's the attitude! (Now if only five would follow your example :( )

Thanks for your support SpyDude!

Jai

*spread the *blatant rip-off alert!!!* ALIA|S| :love:*

Back