ALIAS Snubbed at the Globes and Satellites!

Sorry I'm so late with this! You all know its the holiday season and I'm as busy as the average Joe. So here you go now:

ALIAS was among the many dramas on television snubbed a nomination for Best Television Series - Drama at the annual Golden Globe Awards that will be held on Sunday, January 25th at 8:00 EST on NBC. The category included shows NIP/TUCK, 24, CSI, SIX FEET UNDER, and THE WEST WING.

In better news for Alias fans, Jennifer Garner was once again nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama, an award she picked up in Alias' freshman year.

A strong flaw within the Golden Globe categories is the supporting actor and actress categories. They must include Drama Series, Comedy Series, Mini-Series and Motion Pictures Made for Television. This obvious mistake leaves out numerous deserving actors and actresses that may not have the starring role in their program.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALIAS was nominated for three Golden Satellite awards, two shy of its last year nominations, for its episodes that aired between January-December 2003. Unfortunately, it did not pick up a nod itself in the Drama Series category which included shows LAW AND ORDER: SVU, NIP/TUCK, CARNIVALE, THE SHIELD, SIX FEET UNDER, and surprisingly, the minimally seen, recently cancelled BOOMTOWN.

Although it was forgotten in the drama series category, our drama queen Jen picked up a nod as well as (praise the lord) our drama princess Lena Olin.

In addition to this, the Alias Season 2 DVD was nominated for the DVD Release of a TV Show category.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone must do a dance to the gods of award-winners and get Alias some wins! I'd especially LOVE to see Lena pick up an award. GO ALIAS!

Thanxs for that! I hope Jen wins a golden globe n a Golden Satellite award n Lena definetly deserves one! Im a bit dissapointed that it wasnt nominated for the best drama series! But come on Jen n Lena!!

I wonder if Lena wins that award, would it influence her decision to come back? I think if she'd won the Emmy, it would have made her more likely to want to continue with the project. Then again, I'd hate to think she would let something like that influence her so much.

Bah.. it sucks that Boomtown got the nomination instead. Especially considering it was cancelled, stunk, and that Alias has been around longer and better.

Bleh... the world today sucks. ;x

Back