Alias tidbit in TV Guide

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
This is from the new (June 6-12) issue of TV Guide under the "TV News" section.

-----------
Delaying Tactic If Alias fans are fuming over ABC's decision to delay the fourth season premiere until January 2005, series creator J.J. Abrams must be livid, right? Wrong. He's elated. "I was begging them to do it," he admits, noting that the mid-season launch will allow his baby to run for 20 uninterrupted episodes (the same way Fox will broadcast 24). Meanwhile, ABC Entertainment prez Stephen McPherson promises that Alias' delayed start is not a sign that the end is near for the spy drama. "It will be an asset for years," he says. How many? Cracks Abrams: "Exactly 100." Nobody likes a smart-ass. Well, except me.

--------------

The only thing that bugs me is that TV Guide still seems to think that there will only be 20 episodes. But since they were the only ones to report that, I think they're just sticking with their own story. They didn't quote J.J. directly, and he told E!'s Kristin there would be 22, so I believe there will be.

But I'm so happy the current Entertainment president wants to keep Alias around for years! Let's hope he stays in position for awhile, because ABC tends to fire people constantly.

Azalea said:
This is from the new (June 6-12) issue of TV Guide under the "TV News" section.

-----------
Delaying Tactic If Alias fans are fuming over ABC's decision to delay the fourth season premiere until January 2005, series creator J.J. Abrams must be livid, right? Wrong. He's elated. "I was begging them to do it," he admits, noting that the mid-season launch will allow his baby to run for 20 uninterrupted episodes (the same way Fox will broadcast 24). Meanwhile, ABC Entertainment prez Stephen McPherson promises that Alias' delayed start is not a sign that the end is near for the spy drama. "It will be an asset for years," he says. How many? Cracks Abrams: "Exactly 100." Nobody likes a smart-ass. Well, except me.

--------------

The only thing that bugs me is that TV Guide still seems to think that there will only be 20 episodes. But since they were the only ones to report that, I think they're just sticking with their own story. They didn't quote J.J. directly, and he told E!'s Kristin there would be 22, so I believe there will be.

But I'm so happy the current Entertainment president wants to keep Alias around for years! Let's hope he stays in position for awhile, because ABC tends to fire people constantly.
Thanks for posting that. Personally, I'd be happy with either 20 or 22 GOOD episodes.

See below for the latest from Kristen:

just saw E News Live and, according to Kristen, the reason that Alias was pushed back to January was due to Jennifer Garner's schedule. Kristen said that ABC wanted to air the episodes consecutively but with Jennifer's movie commitments they would not have had enough episodes filmed in time for the fall (September). (I guess she was referring to Jen's filming of Elekrta). - This is the first time I've heard this reason as an explanation for why Alias was pushed back to January....take it w/a grain of salt it's from Kristen.

just saw E News Live and, according to Kristen, the reason that Alias was pushed back to January was due to Jennifer Garner's schedule. Kristen said that ABC wanted to air the episodes consecutively but with Jennifer's movie commitments they would not have had enough episodes filmed in time for the fall (September). (I guess she was referring to Jen's filming of Elekrta). - This is the first time I've heard this reason as an explanation for why Alias was pushed back to January....take it w/a grain of salt it's from Kristen.

but according to some movie sources Elektra will wrap production on July 6,2 weeks before Alias production has started in past years,last year production for Alias started July 23. MV movie will wrap in early August but I'm assuming his part would be already be in the can. so I have no clue what Kristen is talking about.

Yeah, that doesn't really make any sense, because they'll still be starting production around the same time they always do. It takes the same amount of time to make 22 episodes, regardless of when they begin airing. The film schedule of Elektra shouldn't have anything to do with it.

i think its because of everyone schedual. victor is doing empire and with mv and jg doing movies it could be that they want a break from the madness for awhile. i know if i was them i would want a little time to myself before having to work those 14 to 15 hr days for 4 to 5 months.

For Mr Garber, he'll just be a recurring character on Empire, so the load shouldn't be too heavy; Ms Garner is the star, so she'll probably be working pretty hard. But as a female star, I suppose she needs to make hay while the sun shines . . . ;)

Meanwhile, SEE?! Mr Abrams is all for the delay. So how about showing a little love and support? :rolleyes: :confused: :smiley:
✌️

well, i'm happy to know that this doesn't mean that Alias will be cancelled! But there are SO MANY rumors about why it's starting late and how many eppys and whose idea....

i just want to find out the FACTS!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Back