Season 3 **Alice in Wonderland**

Well, he probably knows that it's Syd's favorite childhood book that Irina gave her...of course the copy that he was reading, that was laying around her apartment, was from Weiss.

It was probably a sign that Irina or someone working for her was going to come back into the picture, ie Irina's sister.

didn't the 8ball say that yes, this season does have parallels to alice in wonderland? i think it was in the december 8ball chat. I'm pretty sure it said "parallels," not "references," so there must be some connections beyond just sydney having that book.

what parallels are there though? maybe i'm just dumb, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me. the only thing i can think of is how sydney wakes up and everything is topsy-turvy (vaughn is married, father in jail, dixon is the boss, sloane is good) sort of how alice enters this crazy upside-down world. but that's a really vague connection.

does anybody have any ideas?

okay, the quote was actually from the 8ball chat from november. here it is:

Q: Are there Alice in Wonderland parallels in Season 3?

8Ball: Yes.

that seems pretty conclusive.

katherine.margaret said:
what parallels are there though? maybe i'm just dumb, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me. the only thing i can think of is how sydney wakes up and everything is topsy-turvy (vaughn is married, father in jail, dixon is the boss, sloane is good) sort of how alice enters this crazy upside-down world. but that's a really vague connection.

does anybody have any ideas?
That's probably what it is. I don't think they'd do anything too specific or make it too literal. Syd said in the season premiere, "Everything is wrong. Everything is upside down." So, her current world is similar to the looking-glass world. But there's also the chess aspect with Sydney being a "pawn" of higher forces (Sloane? Rambaldi?) the same way Alice was literally a chess pawn in Through the Looking-glass.

But Sydney's life has always been like Alice's in the sense that they're both navigating through a nonsense world where crazy, unexplainable things happen all the time.

We're doing an Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass feature for content work, but I have no idea when it'll be ready.

Back