Season 4 All About Vaughn

Was it just me, or did this episode seem more a Vaughn-centric episode rather than about Syd? I found she was barely even in it all that much compared to Vaughn?

Yes

It was all about Vaughn. It was needed don't you think. He killed his wife
then burned down the house. They had to let people into his head a little.
After he and Syd just fell into bed in the premeire something had to be
done. So I think!!!

fearlesswe said:
Yes

It was all about Vaughn. It was needed don't you think. He killed his wife
then burned down the house. They had to let people into his head a little.
After he and Syd just fell into bed in the premeire something had to be
done. So I think!!!
[post="1170157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

excatly ... people needed to feel for him, for what he had gone through and all ... Vaughn needed to talk about it also ... so, this was a great way for him to do so ... (y)

I agree with you two. plsu I thinkwe were way over due for a Vaughn-centric ep. I love Syd and all but I loved the focus being on Vaughn rather than Syd. MV was so amazing is that ep. People did need to feel for the poor guy. loved this ep

Vartanbabe said:
I agree with you two. plsu I thinkwe were way over due for a Vaughn-centric ep. I love Syd and all but I loved the focus being on Vaughn rather than Syd. MV was so amazing is that ep. People did need to feel for the poor guy. loved this ep
[post="1170385"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally agree with you Vartanbabe!!! We need someone else to have
a episode about their life besides sydney. Its nice to see Vaughn get some
great air time since he is so hot!!! :D

the one thing i dont understand was why did she say " i forgive you"- scottish girl (sorry i forgot her name) was it lauren talking through her because in his speech i think he said thet she'll never forgive him..?? anyone explain for me ...

hi welcome don't kill me- marshall
Jack is going to shoot you in the face- Weiss
oh yeah i LOVE VAUGHN

what's the problem if the episode was centric on Vaughn?? It also was a bit Nadia centric... And the type of problem Vuaghn has are interesting to watch. If you don't saw Syd...go watch it again...because she was there all the time. ;)
the other seasons also had episodes centric in other characters...Dixon...Jack...Will...so I can't see what's the problem :P

I thought this was long overdue. In order for everyone to forgive Vaughn for everything that happened in S3 we needed to get inside his head. Anyway, this was wonderful material for Vartan and gave him a chance to really shine. Sydney was there the whole time too. It seems like they are capitalizing a lot on JG's star power, but the entire cast is full of amazing people. I thought this was the best material that Vartan has ever had written for him. I'm so tired of the Vaughn bashing and was thrilled to see him in the spotlight. So thank you to the entire team at Alias for bringing us this beautiful scene featuring MV!!!

Vartanbabe said:
Glad someone agrees with me. Vaughn is so hated on this site.
[post="1170517"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I wouldn't say that. There is a vocal minority who are against him. He also has many defenders on this site.

Personally, I've written the producers to ask whether they want me to dislike him because of the direction they took his character last season, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I don't want him off the show. Mr Vartan brought his performance to a higher level for this episode & I hope that he will keep that up. (y) (& no, I don't think he's usually awful, it's just easy to get lost in that outstanding cast.)

I need to see a more compelling arc for the character before I do the "rooting for S/V" thing--and that's (his relationship with Sydney, that is) just been too much of the whole Vaughn package. That's a great deal of the problem. I think I need to see him stand on his own for a while. V/L didn't help that at all. ^_^

verdantheart said:
I need to see a more compelling arc for the character before I do the "rooting for S/V" thing--  ^_^
[post="1171329"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't know why... maybe it is intuition and maybe it is some of the stuff they started late in S3 with his dad and the passenger... but I have a feeling we might just get that this year - the compelling character arc that is.

juliasark said:
the one thing i dont understand was why did she say " i forgive you"- scottish girl (sorry i forgot her name) was it lauren talking through her because in his speech i think he said thet she'll never forgive him..?? anyone explain for me ...

hi welcome don't kill me- marshall
Jack is going to shoot you in the face- Weiss
oh yeah i LOVE VAUGHN
[post="1170737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
ok it's becasue Vaughn couldn't forgive himself. remember when she had God can't forgive if you won't let him. so in a way he was being forgiven. hope that helps.

Vartanbabe said:
ok it's becasue Vaughn couldn't forgive himself. remember when she had God can't forgive if you won't let him. so in a way he was being forgiven. hope that helps.
[post="1171528"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
thank you for that clarification!!

BRING BACK WILL AND SARK

a well timed look into vaughn's situation. reminds us and informs new viewers what he went through last year. just that he's hurting and how difficult it will be for him and Sydney to be together.

I'm so glad that it was a Vaughn-centric episode because SO many people feel like Vaughn is a bad character because he never does anything. Especially in Season 3, Vaughn became much more of a character and we really got to see Michael Vartan's great acting skills. Hopefully they'll continue to develop Vaughn even more.

I'm really glad they gave us some insight on Vaughn's thoughts about this whole situation. It was long overdue. Vartan was excellent last night. He couldn't have played that scene better, it was just top-notch acting.

Vaughn is still dealing w/the fact that his marriage was never truly real and killing his wife. It a lot for anyone to handle. I think this will be the major obstacle that Syd and Vaughn will have to face this season (well I can only hope there won't be more to pile on top of this or anything worse than this) and will cause problems.

I'm glad it was more about Vaughn cuz we needed to see how the whole situation w/Lauren has changed him and how he's dealing w/it,

I never started this as something against MV - I agree that the episode was great because it was central to his character and was defiantly needed. I thought his performance was great, and I honestly hope that other characters take the spotlight in future episodes. Considering how many people think that the new titles make the show all about syd, I'd would be nice to make it clear its not with episodes like this! :D

verdantheart said:
There is a vocal minority who are against him. He also has many defenders on this site. I need to see a more compelling arc for the character before I do the "rooting for S/V" thing--and that's (his relationship with Sydney, that is) just been too much of the whole Vaughn package.
Word. I'm not a big lover of the Vaughn, but I didn't mind this episode being focused on him. Instead of him being in it for the mission or S/V aspect that is his usual role in the episode, he tied in with the element of the whole eppy. I liked this one too. :smiley:

verdantheart said:
Personally, I've written the producers to ask whether they want me to dislike him because of the direction they took his character last season, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I don't want him off the show. Mr Vartan brought his performance to a higher level for this episode & I hope that he will keep that up.  (y) (& no, I don't think he's usually awful, it's just easy to get lost in that outstanding cast.)

I think I need to see him stand on his own for a while. V/L didn't help that at all.  ^_^

so true verdy - even for me as a huge vaughn lover i still loved the fact that at last he was allowed some limelight and (more importantly) he totally ate it up and gave without a doubt his finest Alias performance in 4 seasons.

And man I would LOVE to see the reply you get from the producers if you receive one verdy :P ^_^

Back