AllAlias Homework Help Center!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure...It's a multi-paragraph essay, and i'm on the second support paragraph...but you could help if you know any info on advantages and disadvantages of George and Lennie's friendship :lol:

we haven't don derivatives yet mickey. ;) sorry.

GCNmaster22: what's your thesis?
--mandy :angelic:

I just told you, although now all i need are some disadvantages of George and Lennie's friendship...excuse me as i go write another sentence. lol

Doh...

For the mice and men thing...

Umm...advantages: They took care of each other. They complimented each other well, George with the brains and Lennie with the strength.
disadvantages: Lennie's a little slow. He always causes trouble. They can never keep a job. George feels held down. He sometimes feel George is a burden...

I dunno...I forgot a lot of the story already :lol:

rileylovesalias said:
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Hi there stressed out high-schoolers!!! The innocent seventh grader is here. :D I'm done with my evil homework and studying for my math quiz on Friday. I also had some dumb KBAR. So yeah, in math we're doing simplifing expressions and it's really confusing. I'm so scared that i'm going to fail the quiz because like I took some practice quizes on the textbook's site and I like failed most of them. So like, I'm not a happy camper right now. Even if I'm watching Lost.

Syd, it's ok that you got a 75, i'm sure i'm going to get that i'm my quiz on Friday. I'm dreading that.  -_-
</span>
[post="1027490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lucky! that stuff is so easy compared to what we're doing! Algebraic expressions!

Maybe you can post what you've written so far and then we can help you get ideas from there on because right now, it's hard to connect onto your ideas.

electron affirmity is confusing me. :hmm:
--Mandy :angelic:

svfan4ever said:
Doh...

For the mice and men thing...

Umm...advantages: They took care of each other. They complimented each other well, George with the brains and Lennie with the strength.
disadvantages: Lennie's a little slow. He always causes trouble. They can never keep a job. George feels held down. He sometimes feel George is a burden...

I dunno...I forgot a lot of the story already :lol:
[post="1027549"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
that's okay, thanks anyway...brb only thing is I gotta use quotes...

mystery_chick said:
Maybe you can post what you've written so far and then we can help you get ideas from there on because right now, it's hard to connect onto your ideas.

electron affirmity is confusing me. :hmm:
[post="1027555"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sure thing!!! here it is:

To different people, friendship can be summarized in multiple ways. The book Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck, shows the theme of friendship many times. The characters, George and Lennie, express this through protection for one another, helpful advantages, and unwanted disadvantages.

First of all, George and Lennie’s friendship is mostly shown through protection. Lennie offers physical protection, while George offers mental protection. For instance, Lennie is forced into a fight with Curley. Lennie cowers at first, but “the next minute Curley was flopping like a fish on a line, and his fist was lost in Lennie’s big hand” (63). Lennie protected George from having to deal with Curley. He stopped Curley and sent him away. George, on the other hand, told Lennie to “hide in the brush till [he] comes for [him]” if Lennie ever gets in trouble (15). This gave Lennie reassurance that he would have a safe spot to be if he ever did anything bad.

Also, George and Lennie have advantages with each other through their friendship. One example of an advantage is that George gets closer to his dream through their friendship.

I need a quote now, so i'll go find one...thanks for helping me here!

Quotes are the easy part! you don't even have to think about it! you just quote and describe what it's saying, its theme, etc. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

GCNmaster22 said:
Sure thing!!!  here it is:

To different people, friendship can be summarized in multiple ways.  The book Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck, shows the theme of friendship many times.  The characters, George and Lennie, express this through protection for one another, helpful advantages, and unwanted disadvantages.

First of all, George and Lennie’s friendship is mostly shown through protection.  Lennie offers physical protection, while George offers mental protection.  For instance, Lennie is forced into a fight with Curley.  Lennie cowers at first, but “the next minute Curley was flopping like a fish on a line, and his fist was lost in Lennie’s big hand” (63).  Lennie protected George from having to deal with Curley.  He stopped Curley and sent him away.  George, on the other hand, told Lennie to “hide in the brush till [he] comes for [him]” if Lennie ever gets in trouble (15).  This gave Lennie reassurance that he would have a safe spot to be if he ever did anything bad.

Also, George and Lennie have advantages with each other through their friendship.  One example of an advantage is that George gets closer to his dream through their friendship.
I need a quote now, so i'll go find one...thanks for helping me here!
[post="1027562"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hm... it's good so far, except how long are your paragraphs? or does it not matter? because normally it should be 5-8 sentences. Just give me five minutes to finish my chem and then i can try to help you. ;)

First off...this thread moves like crazy...It moved like 2 pages while I was trying to read ppl's stuff :o_O:

GCNmaster22 said:
I have to finish my rough draft of an essay on Of Mice and Men by tomorrow!!!  so i'm wiriting one sentence after every post to help me!  Next book: To Kill A Mockingbird...
[post="1027510"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I read both too....their friendship...I think I even wrote an essay about their friendship for an exam....

Archangel said:
Hooray for procastination and cramming!!! :lol:
[post="1027533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:D Best. Thing. Ever.

svfan4ever said:
Can someone help me with this derivation??

(pvq)r
r->s^~p
q-> (pvt)
_________

tvu
[post="1027539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:wtf:

yendys47 said:
First off...this thread moves like crazy...It moved like 2 pages while I was trying to read ppl's stuff :o_O:
I read both too....their friendship...I think I even wrote an essay about their friendship for an exam....
:D Best. Thing. Ever.
:wtf:
[post="1027575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yea...that's because we all need homework help :lol:

Yep...I wrote an essay too...a really long one...but I can't find it :hmm:

Do you know the answer?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back