AllAlias Homework Help Center!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, my sister is saying that To Kill a Mockingbird is a little inappropriate for 12-year-old kiddies. I'm only on like the 80th page, but...anybody read the book? :thinking:

I liked of Mice and Men, probably my favourite book from grade 9. To Kill a Mocking bird was dull. :rolleyes:

Does anyone where know a bit about chem?
--Mandy :angelic:

svfan4ever said:
Yea...that's because we all need homework help :lol:

Yep...I wrote an essay too...a really long one...but I can't find it :hmm:

Do you know the answer??  :(
[post="1027580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
But i don't know what's it about??? :lol:

mystery_chick said:
I liked of Mice and Men, probably my favourite book from grade 9. To Kill a Mocking bird was dull. :rolleyes:

[post="1027588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sure Mandy...I'm taking chem :D

mystery_chick said:

Well, thanks for the help, but i am talking to my friend who is doing the same essay, so i can ask him...thanks anyway! :D

Aliasfan13 said:
You know, my sister is saying that To Kill a Mockingbird is a little inappropriate for 12-year-old kiddies. I'm only on like the 80th page, but...anybody read the book? :thinking:
[post="1027587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's around the time I read it. I didn't think it was inappropriate...

mystery_chick said:

Umm...No :mellow:

yendys47 said:
Mickey...I didn't even understand what subject that was at first!

Sorry though :(
[post="1027592"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's ok...thanks anyways :D

Okay tell me if this is right because i'm over thinking electron affinity and i'm confusing the felgercarb outta myself!

Who is the most reactive metal? Non-metal? Use periodic table trends to explain your answers.

The most reactive metal is francium and the most reactive non-metal is fluorine.

Francium is the most reactive metal because as you go down a column and left in a row, the atomic radius increases. As you move down, there are more orbitals that are separating the valance shell from the atomic nucleus, allowing it to expand in size. As you move left, there are also fewer protons that are pulling in on the electrons in the valence orbital; there for the element with the biggest atomic radius is Francium. Due to the fact that Francium’s orbital is the largest out of all of the elements, the pull of its electron by its atomic nucleus is the weakest and therefore it has low ionization energy. This means that only a little bit of energy is required to remove an electron from the valence orbital of Francium; it reacts very easily. Finally, its position in the periodic table shows that it has the lowest electron affinity. Electron affinity increases as you go up and across a row, Francium’s “desire” for electron is the lowest and tends to “give away” its electrons very easily with very little amount of energy.

Fluorine is the most reactive non-metal. As you move up and to the right side of the periodic table the atomic radius decreases. As you move vertically up a column there are less orbital than the one beneath and there are more protons to pull in the electrons as you move right on the periodic table. Its small atomic radius allows for a stronger hold on electrons which results high ionization energy. Its high electron affinity indicates that it requires a large amount of energy to form a negative ion so it has an easy tendency to gain electrons to fill its orbit.

--mandy :angelic:

svfan4ever said:
That's around the time I read it. I didn't think it was inappropriate...
[post="1027601"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh Mmk... :blink: It just has the little bad words that I don't mind...lol.

mystery_chick said:
Okay tell me if this is right because i'm over thinking electron affinity and i'm confusing the felgercarb outta myself!

Who is the most reactive metal? Non-metal? Use periodic table trends to explain your answers.

The most reactive metal is francium and the most reactive non-metal is fluorine.

Francium is the most reactive metal because as you go down a column and left in a row, the atomic radius increases. As you move down, there are more orbitals that are separating the valance shell from the atomic nucleus, allowing it to expand in size. As you move left, there are also fewer protons that are pulling in on the electrons in the valence orbital; there for the element with the biggest atomic radius is Francium. Due to the fact that Francium’s orbital is the largest out of all of the elements, the pull of its electron by its atomic nucleus is the weakest and therefore it has low ionization energy. This means that only a little bit of energy is required to remove an electron from the valence orbital of Francium; it reacts very easily. Finally, its position in the periodic table shows that it has the lowest electron affinity. Electron affinity increases as you go up and across a row, Francium’s “desire” for electron is the lowest and tends to “give away” its electrons very easily with very little amount of energy.

Fluorine is the most reactive non-metal. As you move up and to the right side of the periodic table the atomic radius decreases. As you move vertically up a column there are less orbital than the one beneath and there are more protons to pull in the electrons as you move right on the periodic table. Its small atomic radius allows for a stronger hold on electrons which results high ionization energy. Its high electron affinity indicates that it requires a large amount of energy to form a negative ion so it has an easy tendency to gain electrons to fill its orbit.
--mandy :angelic:
[post="1027602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

wait....what :confused: I'm only upto like the SI units man :lol:

:lol: Does anyone know derivations?? :(

:lol: SI units...I just learned that. What the hell??? I'm supposed to be learning BIO :hmm:

yendys47 said:
wait....what :confused: I'm only upto like the SI units man :lol:
[post="1027609"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
DUDE! that's like grade 10! :P

I was always taught the most reactive metal was Potassium

Hang on, sorry my bad (old set of notes), francium is the most unstable of the first 100 or so elements

Archangel said:
I was always taught the most reactive metal was Potassium
[post="1027623"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:blink: well then... Huston, we have a problem. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back