Allies

I love how Sydney tries to rationalize her feelings and it never works, I just hope that her and Danny end it soon, because while he is a good guy he is just getting in the way. Great Update, thanks for the PM

Syd and Vaughn have no idea what they're walking into. Just when they think they've taken everything into consideration- Sloane steps in to ruin the plans.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>WOW.</span>

as in WOW. amazing. Brilliant. i am rendered.. speechles..
amazing job. thank you for your awesome chapters. (y)

^ hehe, i completely agree with gee :D

absolutely love the whole 'he's my handler, i shouldn't be in love with him, but he's so hot' feelings you're writing! ust, baby! ;)

great job!! can't wait for the next one :smiley:

Freelancer21 said:
Chapter 39

Taking her phone, she saw that it was Danny calling. She wished that she could get up and have this conversation away from Vaughn’s ears, but she aside from the restroom she didn’t know where else she could go to do that.

[post="1391488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
I HATE Danny. He ruins everything.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

great chappy
update soon
xo

OMG!! :woot: I absolutely love your updates Jenn.. They're so Alias-y and real-like, if I'm making any sense to you :P

And Dixon and Sydney are going to Denpasar?! :shock: They're not going to bump into each other, are they?! 😟 God, that'd be more awkward than bumping into your teacher while you're out shopping... You just always seem to think that teachers have no lives and stay at home all day... Or even just live at school! :lol:

Eep, can't wait for the next update Jenn!

Cai
x

:smiley:

Chapter 40

In her hotel room, Sydney was busy putting the final touches to her disguise when she heard knocking on the door.

“Are you decent?” she heard Vaughn call.

“Yes. You can come in.”

He did and closed the door behind him.

“Sorry to come by so soon, but if we want to be sure to make it to the meeting point in time… we should hurry,” he apologized.

“It’s okay,” she assured him as she adjusted part of her outfit. He observed her as she did so and when she turned to stride over to him, his eyes were already upon her.

“What do you think?” she asked, showing her disguise.

Dressed in a pink traditional Indonesian outfit that covered everything but her hands and a small area around her eyes, the skin of which was darkened by make up, she would be barely recognisable to the untrained eye. But when it came to Sydney Bristow, his eyes were exceptionally well trained. Vaughn would have known her anywhere. He recalled appreciating that same figure and the way she moved was familiar to him. However, this was not the case for Sark, so he was able to answer truthfully:

“It’s very convincing.”

He smiled as he spoke, feeling reassured that there was no way Sark would know who she was.

“Good. Would you check this?” she asked, gesturing towards her veil. “I know it’s probably secure enough but I want your opinion, heaven help us if it were to come undone at the wrong moment.”

She turned slightly to allow him access to the left side of her head, as he proceeded to step forward and check the fastening of the material that would cover most of her face.

“It’s pretty safe,” he pronounced.

She took him a little by surprise by turning around to face him quickly while uttering her thanks. Their eyes met and Vaughn noticed that she wasn’t wearing coloured lenses. That was another thing about Sydney he had imprinted on his mind: the exact shade of her brown eyes. He even knew how it would differ slightly in certain lights.

Sydney coughed self-consciously and he hoped she wasn’t feeling uncomfortable. ‘You’ve got to remember she has a boyfriend already,’ he scolded, before ridiculing himself internally: for momentarily thinking her boyfriend was the only reason anything between himself and Sydney would be inappropriate.

That thought was more than enough to focus him on the job at hand.

“After you both test the merchandise and make the switch, you’ll go your separate ways,” Vaughn reminded her.

“I know, boss,” she said, smiling. “Don’t worry.”

Sydney entered the gate and walked towards Sark, who stood up when he saw her arriving.

She was well disguised with only her hands and the area around her eyes visible. Through her comm. link, Vaughn had told her that Sark had one man inside the courtyard and one at the gate next to a CIA agent.

She and Sark exchanged Indonesian greetings before sitting opposite one another.

“I thought we had an agreement that neither side would have the advantage,” Sark began, speaking with an English accent.

“That is the agreement,” she answered tersely.

“Then you have not lived up to it. You can see me, I can’t see you.”

“You know who I represent.”

“Well, according to the broker, you are affiliated with the Raslak jihad.”

Sydney nodded, wondering where he was going with this.

“A noble cause, to be sure. And a group I respect for its dedication to the principles of ancient Kunta. When I heard of this, I volunteered for the assignment because as it turns out, I’m quite familiar with the Kunta use of the latajang. If you are who you claim to be, your skills with a latajang should be unsurpassed.”

As Vaughn expressed his worry in Sydney’s ear, Sark assembled his latajang and informed Sydney that he'd asked his guard to stand down. This kid was serious.

“Sydney, don’t do this! Sydney?”

She ignored Vaughn’s plea and accepted the latajang Sark offered her. She didn’t have much choice.

She had to do all she could to find Khasinau and her mother.

Sark was immediately on the offensive as soon as the contest began. He attacked confidently with the latajang and kicked her forcefully. Using all of her instincts to defend herself, Sydney made a tentative start until she found her stride. There was no way she was coming this far to be outdone by this c***y Brit, who didn’t look long out of high school.

In a moment when Sark clearly thought he might have her, she used her brute strength to push him back and twirled her weapon as she prepared to attack. Using both the weapon and her kick boxing skills, Sydney issued a blow to the side of Sark’s head, relieved him of his weapon and took his legs from under him.

Flat on his back with Sydney’s latajang dangerously positioned at his neck, Sark could only approve.

“Excellent,” he said nonchalantly as he got up.

He seemed to be the kind of guy that never lost his cool.

Sydney heard Vaughn breathe a long sigh of relief.

“Let’s test the merchandise,” she said breathlessly, impatient to get this over with.

While Sark tested the real ampoule, Sydney carefully placed the fake one into her palm. She quickly covered it with a jeweller’s cloth and examined the diamonds until Vaughn’s agitated voice almost made her jump.

“Sydney, it’s Dixon!!! He’s here!”

Dixon??? What the heck was he doing here? How had SD-6 learned about this? Questions began popping in her mind, but she knew she had to hurry. As calmly as she could, she said to Sark:

“I am satisfied. Do we have a deal?”

He nodded.

“Yes. We have a deal.”

But right at this moment, Dixon entered, aiming his gun at them.

“Hands in the air!”

Before she could stop him, Sark took the real ampoule and placed it into his jacket’s inside pocket. He raised his hands as Sydney did the same.

“Where’s the vial?” Dixon shouted.

Neither Sark nor Sydney answered.

Leaving his position on a balcony overlooking the scene, Vaughn tried to get closer to the meeting area, stopping on an upper level walkway. There, he tossed down a hand grenade that exploded, giving Sark the opportunity to run away.

Frantically, Sydney whispered to Vaughn:

“I couldn’t make the switch! Sark’s got the real ampoule!”

“I’m on him! Head to the extraction point!”

Spotting Sark in the bustling Denpasar crowd, Vaughn began closing in on him while remaining on the upper level walkway.

When he’d caught up with Sark, Vaughn jumped down to ground level and grabbed him. He then pushed Khasinau’s man into the iron gate in front of them and smacked his head against it, knocking him unconscious.

Quickly, Vaughn then handcuffed Sark to the iron gate and began going through his pockets.

“Freelancer, are you at the extraction point yet?” he asked, but he got no answer.

He found the ampoule and placed it into his own pocket.

“Eagle Eye, I got the ampoule!” he informed Weiss who was managing the op from the CIA Los Angeles headquarters.

“I’ve got you five by-” Weiss started to answer, but Vaughn interrupted him.

“I need a twenty on Freelancer!”

“You can’t leave Sark until he’s secure!” Weiss shouted, worried his friend would once again lose sight of a mission because of his feelings for Sydney.

“Dammit, where is she!”

Sydney was running with Dixon close behind. She had to lose him! It would be such a catastrophe if he recognized her! Not only would it be the end of her, but it would probably mean that all the work her father, she and Vaughn had achieved would all have been a big waste.

She was out of breath when she came in front of an iron gate. Desperately, she tried to open it, but heard:

“Freeze! Turn around. Hands on your head.”

Dixon. Oh, if only he knew what he was doing! Maybe she would have no choice but to tell him what SD-6 really was? But that would be her last resort.

She slowly placed her hands on her head and Dixon approached even closer, with his gun still drawn.

“I don’t want to hurt you,” he said.

Her back was still turned to him, but she knew that he was close enough for what she had in mind. In a swift movement, she smacked the gun out of Dixon’s hand and kicked him to the ground, but he managed to back kick her into the iron gate behind her. This time, she was the one to fall to the ground.

Quickly, Dixon picked his gun up off the ground and aimed it again at Sydney. Just as she thought everything was lost, Vaughn ran up from behind and hit Dixon on the back of his skull with the butt of his handgun. Dixon dropped to the ground.

“Go,” Vaughn told her, but she could only look at him, still shocked by how close she’d been to disaster. Disaster that he’d saved her from.

“Go!” he repeated louder and she finally snapped out of her thoughts.

She opened the gate and ran out while Vaughn hurried back to where he had Sark handcuffed. Once there, his breath caught in his throat.

Sark was gone.

Only the handcuff remained. Vaughn scanned the area but found no trace of Sark to follow.

He was in big trouble.

Even though SD-6 hadn’t been able to obtain the ampoule, Sloane was satisfied.

Entering the conference room, he was unable to hide a content smile. Maybe he would get his revenge on Khasinau after all.

“Sydney, I’m glad that you could make it. I’m sorry to reduce your time off, but we need you for this mission,” he began.

Sydney only nodded. She knew SD-6 had gotten a hold of Sark and she only hoped that he would lead SD-6 – and herself – to Khasinau.

“So, as you certainly know, we have arrested Khasinau’s right hand man, Mr Sark,” Sloane began, talking to Sydney, Dixon and Marshall. “As it turns out, our Mr. Sark is a very cooperative young man. We have received independent confirmation for the intel he’s provided thus far. It seems that Mr. Sark’s loyalty to Khasinau disappeared the moment he was kidnapped.”

“So, what’s the move?”

Quickly, Sloane briefed his agents on the mission to come. Sark was scheduled to meet with his boss that Thursday night, at a dinner club in Paris that Khasinau owned. Sydney, impersonating a singer, would plant a tracer on him during her number. Meanwhile, Dixon would go after a Rambaldi document that Khasinau would have in the club’s vault and replace it with a counterfeit.

But Sydney didn’t like what she was hearing.

“Wait a minute, I don’t understand. We’ve been hunting Khasinau for months… we’re going to be in the same room as this guy and you want us to go after a document?! This is ridiculous! Let’s just get the son of a b****!” she finished, trying to control her outrage.

Sloane remained calm. After all, it wasn’t the first time Sydney disagreed with him.

“Sydney, no one wants Khasinau more than I do. No one,” he repeated with his steely gaze on Sydney. “But for now our primary goal is the pursuit of Rambaldi. We’ll get Khasinau later. I promise you.”

Sydney sighed inwardly as she recognised the futility of arguing further. Seeing with some satisfaction that he had extinguished her objections, Sloane went on:

“Now, Sark has provided us with detailed plans of the club, its operation and location of the vault. Luckily, an employee of the club is about to call in sick. It’s been arranged for you to take her place. Marshall will provide you with the op tech. Also, Sark will be wearing a camera concealed in his glasses. It may be useful for us to identify a few of Khasinau’s associates who may be at the club.”

“Could be interesting,” Dixon approved.

Sloane barely nodded and said, before leaving the conference room:

“Sydney, Dixon, I’ll see you when you return form Paris. Good luck.”

Then Marshall stood up and looking at Sydney, said hesitantly:

“Um... uh, how’s your... your voice?”

“Why?”

Vaughn was reviewing the countermission he was going to give Sydney when Weiss entered his office and slammed the door behind him.

“Guess who just tore me a new one,” he said, seemingly not in a good mood.

Somewhat taken aback, Vaughn looked up from his file to look at his friend, but he didn’t get the opportunity to answer. Weiss wasn’t finished.

“Devlin. Now ask me why.”

“Why?” Vaughn asked, confused.

“Because I took a bullet for you today.”

Vaughn shook his head, having no clue what Eric was saying.

“They want to know why you left Sark when he wasn’t secured yet.”

That was what this was about. Vaughn had figured there would be repercussions from Denpasar. In fact, he had been expecting to be called in Devlin’s office all day. But it seemed Weiss had been the one meeting with their boss…

“I said I told you to. I misread the feed from the satellite. I thought the recovery team was nearby,” Eric explained in an unmistakably clipped tone.

Vaughn cast his eyes to the floor and said, sheepishly:

“Thank you.”

What else could he say? There was no excuse for what he had done that would cut it with his superior.

“I lied to save your ass.”

“You didn’t have to do that.”

Eric looked away and replied, his annoyance becoming more and more evident:

“That’s what partners do for each other.”

Vaughn answered defensively and louder than before:

“I said thank you."

“I don’t want your thanks,” Weiss retorted, before sighing. “I want it to stop,” he said, speaking very clearly.

Even though he knew full well he was in the wrong, Vaughn couldn’t help beginning:

“Look, Sydney is my responsibility-”

But Eric stopped him.

“Mike, I know you have… deep feelings for her. I respect that. But it’s starting to affect me. And if that sounds selfish to you, I was hoping to retire fully vested.”

Vaughn silently looked down, not knowing what to say.

“I genuinely care for her, too. But there is a line that we have been sworn not to cross. We’re about a mile past that.”

With his friend putting the situation in such plain terms, Vaughn’s denial vanished.

“I don’t know how to be Sydney’s handler without making it personal,” he said, his eyes showing how much torment that caused him.

But, right now, Weiss wasn’t feeling like being the comforting friend.

“Figure out a way.”

awsome update!!! I :Ponder: till when r u going 2 go w/ the alias story line..
this is such a good fic! u recap the episodes so good and add good things 2!!! i love it! thanx 4 the pm!

great chappie
thanks for the pm

YAY i was 2nd
ooo i love being second
lol

that was a really really well written chappie :D
keep up the great work
and update again soon
:D

I just watched that episode about an hour ago!
I totally love it and ur writing just tops it off, u describe everything perfectly and add ur own stuff, its awesome!
I cant believe its 40 chap's already!
UPDATE SOON!

Back