Season 3 An updated Alias: Love Triangle column

Vaughn aggravates me this season to no end. If/when he finds out about Lauren and decides he wants Sydney back, I don't think it should be easy. I think Sydney should meet somebody who makes her happy. I think Vaughn should suffer just a little bit. Hopefully he will try to win her back in season 4. If Sydney were to just take him back after all of his stringing along, I would lose all respect for her.

JJ.Abrams at the Payley Television festival said that HE IS AWARE OF THE DESTRUCTION OF VAUGHNS CHARACTER but it is all going to be worth it in the end and that season 3 is a bridge beween season 2 and 4!

In addition, JJ said that Vaughn's character now is similar to what Jack Bristow had suffered. Remember, Irina married Jack to get info from CIA. Let's just wait and see what will happen to Vaughn and Lauren. I think on Episode 19 or 20 Sydney will find out the real motives of Lauren. Let's wait for Alias season finale.

It's not a season, it's a bridge . . . sigh. And Vaughn . . . is . . . not . . . remotely . . . where . . . Jack . . . was. For that to be true, Sydney would have to spy, lie, and betray him.
-_-

I agree, verdantheart!

I know all the 'shippers out there just want Syd and Vaughn back together. But I think Vaughn needs to take a big old break and get his own head together, instead of bouncing from one woman he "loves" to the other.

Sure, we all know Lauren was his rebound woman, and Syd is his true love, but he certainly has more than a few issues to work through before he can really be a man to EITHER of them.

Vertandeheart,

Vaughn/Lauren not Syd/Vaughn.. Sydney has proven in Dark Turn
that betraying Vaughn is not an option. On the other hand Lauren
does whatever the hell she wants to.

Everyone is saying poor Sydney. I agree to a certain extent.
Sydney views Vaughn as her soulmate even if she didn't see him everyday
not being with him would eat away at her. Let's say no kiss ,no hug
would that change her feeling about him? He was being cold to
her that made her feel worse. Syd knows Vaughn loves her and that my friends
is what eats away at her. If she thought for one minute that he really and truly
moved on in his heart she could also. My friends it's more than looks,
hugs, a little kiss , it's the connection. For the first time Vaughn is noticing
that his connection to his wife isn't strong ,before there was nothing
to compare it with.

Let's say the Korea thing didn't happen no kiss ,no words. Would she not
have been scared for him Sunday night, So she would have not remembered
his father on that day. She would have moved on started dating someone
new after Will sex. My guess is NO she wouldn't have. THe Connection
it's funny how people sometimes overlook that. What does love have to do
with it? Dixon/Syd have a connection they are not in love. They wouldn't
walk away from the freindship. Lauren/Vaughn think they have love
god knows there is no connection. Easy to walk away from.

:rolleyes:

fearlesswe, not sure what point you're making. Yes, I agree Sydney and Vaughn have a connection. Is it easy for Vaughn to walk away from? Surely not. But! If he loves Sydney, and if he refuses to leave his wife, he must. Waffling is simply weak and selfish. And of course Sydney would continue to care about Vaughn. But the failure to draw distinct lines--on both their parts, but especially Vaughn, who is the one who made the separation decision (marriage) and almost inexplicably is not rectifying it--points to a character flaw.
;)

man thats alot to read..but good stuff...well what can we say..vaughn is a pansy going for lauren AND syd...but the dude has gone through alot [ie his girl was dead for two years and now shes back]..thats alot to screw a guy up...but yeah he IS married and all that junk..but it wasnt wrong to give syd that hug..she needed someone to confort her and he was there, what was he gonna do? juss let her cry?...and vaughns an idiot..he should be nosy and find out all of laurens business and finally get that shes a bad guy

verdantheart said:
It's not a season, it's a bridge . . . sigh.
No kidding Vh. I just thought of this - fine, it's a 'bridge.' Too bad it's seeming like a 10 hour ferry ride instead... :mellow: Episode 15 is done and over with, what 6 or 7 more? They need to give it some gas!

verdantheart said:
fearlesswe, not sure what point you're making. Yes, I agree Sydney and Vaughn have a connection. Is it easy for Vaughn to walk away from? Surely not. But! If he loves Sydney, and if he refuses to leave his wife, he must. Waffling is simply weak and selfish. And of course Sydney would continue to care about Vaughn. But the failure to draw distinct lines--on both their parts, but especially Vaughn, who is the one who made the separation decision (marriage) and almost inexplicably is not rectifying it--points to a character flaw.
;)
Sorry ! I was only talking about your comment in my first paragragh.

The rest was about the thread and comments made by different respones
in the posts. :angelic:

I think they have destoryed both Syd/Vaughn this season.
They both seem to be the shells of once great people. : :cool:

JJ.Abrams at the Payley Television festival said that HE IS AWARE OF THE DESTRUCTION OF VAUGHNS CHARACTER but it is all going to be worth it in the end and that season 3 is a bridge beween season 2 and 4!

Oh felgercarb, now I can't wait. Look what you did! Now I can't wait for the Season finale!!!!

:Ph34r: Hi all,

I truly disagree with the statements that say you should stay in your marriage just because...it is the right thing to do. If Vaughn had listened to his heart instead of some false concept of "duty", Loren would already be toast. And neither Syd nor Vaughn would be suffering. Vaughn shouldn't feel guilty about his true feelings. How are you helping your spouse by pretending to love them? It is only temporary until everyone can't pretend anymore. What is honorable about pretend loyalty? I'm not sure whether the Alias "creators" intended for Lauren to be evil/Covenant or if they had different alternatives prepared... Whether Lauren is evil or not, Vaughn shouldn't be with her when he really loves someone else. (y)

Back