Politics Anne Frank: The Whole Story

Not really sure this should go here or in the movies but what the heck. I know that this is not a recent event but i don't really care.
Anne Frank: The Whole Story is not really a movie but a TV miniseries. A documentary on Anne Frank. It wasn't like the documantaries you see on PBS. Even though this came on in like 2001 i wanted to know what people thought about it. i mean if you saw it. When i watched it i cried half the movie. Even though some parts of the series might not have been true a lot of what was shown actually happened in some of the concentration camps. Many of my friends could care less about anne frank and the halocaust so i cant have like a serious discussion with them. A lot of them are serious goofballs. i just want to be able to talk to someone (seriously) about this period of time.

i watched it, but don't remember many of the details because it was so long ago. The only thing i do remember is that it aired soon after i went on a trip to the Netherlands and went to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. watching the mini-series and experiencing the hosue in person both had deep effects on me.

I nver got a chance to watch this but I am really interestined in Anne frank and her life. i read a book about her exept it was told by anne's best freind Hannah. I found this book extremely good. if u r interested in anne Frank i would sudgest this book. :D

today was actully the holocust memorial day! (In Israel anyway)
Ive read her diary and also saw the movie u were talking about and I was crying too. Its easier to understand what happens when u see it here from a teenagers life, who had loves like all of us and to know that what we read and see really happened.
I have a lot what to say about this subject, but I wont get into it unless some1 wants me 2!

undercover_spy said:
I nver got a chance to watch this but I am really interestined in Anne frank and her life. i read a book about her exept it was told by anne's best freind Hannah. I found this book extremely good. if u r interested in anne Frank i would sudgest this book. :D
[post="1328655"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I would most definatley love to read it. Whats the name of it? If you ever get the chance, i know the movie is available on DVD. You should really check it out.

Double Agent said:
i watched it, but don't remember many of the details because it was so long ago. The only thing i do remember is that it aired soon after i went on a trip to the Netherlands and went to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. watching the mini-series and experiencing the hosue in person both had deep effects on me.
[post="1328384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That is so cool. I mean the halocaust was not so cool but i wish i could visit her house. Someday for my 18th birthday i want to travel to Europe and i want to go to Poland and go to Bergen-Belsen where she was and also want to go to Auschwitz.

freaky said:
today was actully the holocust memorial day! (In Israel anyway)
Ive read her diary and also saw the movie  u were talking about and I was crying too. Its easier to understand what happens when u see it here from a teenagers life, who had loves like all of us and to know that what we read and see really happened.
I have a lot what to say about this subject, but I wont get into it unless some1 wants me 2!
[post="1328699"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Educate me! On Tuesday i was watching a show on the concentration camps on PBS. They show how they buried the bodies. It took the seven days to bury the bodies in such a huge pit. It was so disturbing to imagine that this was normal in those camps. I got watery-eyed. Great now i am depressed. When you saw the movie did you get angry? I sure did. How old were you when you saw this movie. I think i was only eleven. Did you happen to see Schindler's list?

I missed it...I wish I had watched it. I met Anne Frank's step sister last year. It was an amazing opportunity to hear a first hand account of what happened.

If you're really interested in the Holocaust I could recommend some good books to you.

Sarahmañana said:
I missed it...I wish I had watched it. I met Anne Frank's step sister last year. It was an amazing opportunity to hear a first hand account of what happened.

If you're really interested in the Holocaust I could recommend some good books to you.
[post="1328955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Most definateley*(about the books). That must have been an amazing experience. Meeting someone like that is like wow! What did she tell you?

i'm very interested in this...a couple of days ago mtv aired i'm still here...it was other people's diary's who lived through it some who survived some who didn't. i'm very sensitive to this subject but very interested in it...i would like to read new books about it.

Julia_Thorne_ said:
I would most definatley love to read it. Whats the name of it? If you ever get the chance, i know the movie is available on DVD. You should really check it out.
[post="1328915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Mja, in Dutch Anne Frank's book is called "Het Achterhuis" so I'm guessig "The house in the back" lol no ... I'd go for "The Diary from Anne Frank" or "Anne Frank's Diary" ... I'd suggest you read the books written by Anne's father, Otto, and the neighbour as well, don't really know her name but those are better, they tell more of the truth...

En plus i'd like to say that Anne's story has been higly romantised which i think it's a shame... everyone is like "ooh poor little Anne" ok... it's sad she got deportated and died in a CC and stuff but Anne wasn't the sweet, little girl everyone thinks or the people make us believe... I don't wanne sound disrespectful but in reality Anne was a little b****, a bad child, always getting into fights, being really insultive towards her mother and the other people in the house, ...
I don't think it's a good thing people only learn half the truth about Anne Frank... some people almost see her as a saint but she's more of a sinner

Julia_Thorne_ said:
That is so cool. I mean the halocaust was not so cool but i wish i could visit her house. Someday for my 18th birthday i want to travel to Europe and i want to go to Poland and go to Bergen-Belsen where she was and also want to go to Auschwitz.
[post="1328922"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

don't you think that's a little morbide?

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='May 16 2005, 12:17 AM']don't you think that's a little morbide?
[post="1342430"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
Why do you say that?

Back