Answer

that was a great chap!
i love the relationship between Nadia and syd lol its funny and very true when it comes to sisters!!
update soon :D

first - a few of you mentioned sydney's speaking diff in the diner when michael first saw her and then when she went home to nadia - i'll be honest with you - i didnt even notice it :lol: yep... i'm awesome :rolleyes:
second - seroiusly, guys, for like the 1000th time - i cannot control the PMs system, it obviously doesnt work, no one knows why, so that's just the way it is. I'm sorry but i cant change or fix it

Chapter 3
Three days later, Michael finally had his BMW back after playing a couple hundred dollars to the unscrupulous mechanic. He was on his way back to the office from visiting a client when he found himself nearby the diner where he had seen Sydney, so he decided to stop by. But when he did, he found that she wasn’t working. Slightly saddened, he was about to leave when one of the waitresses said she’d be in the following evening if he was looking for her. So, he decided to return the next day.

“So Mike, you wanna go out tonight?” Eric asked his friend at work.

“Uh, no; I can’t,” Michael told him evasively. Going out with Eric usually resulted in Michael watching Eric’s pathetic dating escapades while laughing or being bored out of his mind. Like one time Michael had jokingly said to Eric that even if he asked every girl in the bar that night he would still fail to have a date. Eric, taking this as a challenge, proceeded to ask every girl out and when a pathetic, sad looking and, frankly, rather ugly girl in the corner had accepted, Eric cruelly backed out but yet insisted he had still won their little wager.

“Mike, you cannot spend every night reviewing your cases. That’s just pathetic. I mean… I don’t do that,” Eric told him.

“Do you win your cases?” Michael laughed at him. Eric turned slightly pink. “Besides, I’m not doing that tonight.”

“Got a date? Oh, of course not. How is celibacy these days?” Eric smirked.

“Ha, you’re funny,” Michael rolled his eyes.

“Do you have a date?”

“No,” Michael said quietly.

“Then, as they say, I rest my case,” Eric grinned proudly.

“Whatever; I’m going out,” Michael told him.

“Out where?”

“Why are you so damned nosy?” Michael practically snapped at him.

“Jeez, somebody has their panties in a twist today,” Eric muttered as he walked off.

Michael just rolled his eyes. He had no reason to defend his actions to Eric, so he wasn’t going to. He knew that if he told Eric what he was really doing, Eric would have first, laughed at him and second, called him insane. Of course, Eric wouldn’t have been entirely wrong in that accusation. After all, he was slightly crazy for going back to a dingy diner in a definitely unsafe area of town simply to stare at a waitress he had spoken to for all of five minutes and grunted at for two minutes before that, but he couldn’t help himself. Something was driving him to go back.

That night when he walked into the diner, he was relieved to see Sydney leaning against the front counter, reaching down and touching her shin tenderly as she rolled one of her ankles. He looked down, noticing that she was wearing black high heels. He thought that this was strange attire for someone who was waitressing and thus standing for hours during the evening. He shrugged it off though, walked over to the counter and sat down. She looked at him wide eyed, obviously surprised. “You…,” she said quietly.

“Me,” he smiled. “Michael,” he corrected.

She cracked a small smile. “I believe the line was ‘me Tarzan’.” Not expecting this, Michael burst out laughing. “Well, at least I’m funny,” she said softly as she winced and turned her attention back to her ankle.

Michael looked down and saw a purple and black bruise beginning to form. He cringed, “That looks painful.”

“Oh, it is,” she assured him as she walked around behind the counter.

“What’d you do?” he asked.

“Was a moron and tripped myself,” she laughed.

“Oh, I hate that,” he grimaced. “One time I was walking though the office – this was when I was an intern, mind you – and I had this huge stack of files in my hands and I tripped over my own pant leg and bam! I was flat on the ground and the papers were everywhere.”

“Ooo,” Sydney cringed. “I’m sure your boss wasn’t too happy.”

“Actually, it was worse. He laughed hysterically… but then again, he is my father,” Michael told her.

“Oh,” she smiled. “That’s slightly better. Can I get you something?”

“Coffee please,” he told her.

“Too afraid to try the food?” she asked him quietly.

He laughed. “Yes actually.”

“I don’t blame ya,” she winked before walking over to the coffee pot. “So what brings you back here? Not another phone emergency, I hope.”

“No,” he laughed softly. “I just came back.”

“Mmmhmm,” she said suspiciously. “What is it that you do?”

“Lawyer,” he told her.

“Oh yeah? I guess that explains the fancy duds,” she gestured towards his suit. “And the car.”

“Right,” he laughed softly.

“You’re dad’s a lawyer too then?” she asked.

Michael nodded. “He has a firm with three partners. I’m one of the junior partners. We’re prosecuting attorneys.”

“Keeping the bad guys off the street then?” she smiled.

“Absolutely,” he said firmly.

“So… junior partner, hmm? Doesn’t that make you kind of old?” she asked him.

“Oh damn, did the white hair give me away again?” he groaned. She laughed and he saw her dimples once more, which nearly caused him to lose his ability to speak like it had the last time, but he was able to recover.

“No, I didn’t mean it that way. I just meant… I would have guessed you were twenty-five just by looking at you, that is,” she told him.

“Wow, thanks for that compliment, but I’m twenty-nine,” he told her.

“Really?” she asked, incredibly surprised.

“I graduated from high school a year early and then graduated with my undergrad degree a semester early…,” he explained.

“You little smart freak, you,” she said, obviously teasing.

“That’s me,” he laughed.

“Sounds like my sister though. She skipped a grade – the little smartie,” she told him as she leaned up against the counter with her elbows. Just then, another customer came in, causing the door to slam shut sharply. This noise jolted her from the world where she foolishly thought she and Michael were alone having their conversation. It was then she realized she had been revealing details about herself and her family to this stranger, something she wouldn’t normally have done. For some reason though, she wanted to share with him.

She walked away briefly and took the orders of the man who had just entered the diner. Then she returned to behind the counter and Michael asked, “So what about you?”

“What about me?” she sighed.

“Well, I’d ask how old you are, except that would be incredibly rude,” he laughed softly.

“Twenty-three,” she said with a smile.

“Huh, and I had you pegged as seventeen,” he told her with a grin. She laughed. “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“You going to ask me out?” she retorted. He just shrugged and smiled. “I’m sorry,” she said shortly, automatically putting up her defensive wall. “I have to work,” she said quickly before walking away.

Michael was immediately confused by her tone. As far as he could tell he had done nothing to offend her, yet clearly he’d done something wrong. The next time she came by him, he tried to apologize, but she simply shrugged him off. So, he left a five on the counter and exited the diner, intent on trying to speak with her again on another day.

PM LIST
47tttsv
6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
ae_gurl293
albob
Alias_Angel
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasisthebest
AliasSydney502
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
Angel
angiverl
anji_alias
aprilsfool6
ashqua
atekamel
ballerina
batman
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
blknight
BrownEyedGirl
catfishally
Catpin
Chicketepee
ChrisM
cookiemonster
cupcake55
dandan
derevkointraining

EJ11
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
frangipani
freckles3706
freelancer79
funkymonkey
grassyass
gregstar
gtwallichs
gucci_94
hannahb
helpleessromantic
iheartvaughn
invisible
jadeygirl
Julia47Thorne
KAliasGirl
lady alias
les400coups
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lovygirl
luckylass
MH55995
Minttu
mnkdance963
mountaineer_girl
Nadia Weiss
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
pansarah1
Phoenixwannabe
PIpp
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47

shelley g.
sab-alias
sabbiee_co
saila_02
sarkattack
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
Soccer22vartan
sparklingrainbow
Spydrummer06
stealthy
SuperDuck123
superspy
Syd&Vaughn4eva
Syd_ Vaughn
syd26
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
Sydney, Australia
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
sydofthesea
SydVaughn1001
tubby
tunita
UndercoverPhoenix47
vartan-lova
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnroxmysox
vaughn'sgal
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney
Wild_Child
wiseman
xMountineer02300844x
xxaliasluverxx

“Well, I’d ask how old you are, except that would be incredibly rude,” he laughed softly.

“Twenty-three,” she said with a smile.

“Huh, and I had you pegged as seventeen,” he told her with a grin. She laughed. “Do you have a boyfriend?”
That was so subtle :D Great update. Can't wait till next chapter.

Now Michael has to come back again to the bar :woot: HAHA... or... they could meet somewhere in town or whatever :angelic:

Then Michael could ask her out for a coffee or something... they'd still be in public and thus wouldn't scare Sydney away... :P Think that could work Janet? :lol:

Great update!
I'm glad they saw each other and had a little chat. I hope she'll agree on going on a date sometime. Can't wait for more.

“You going to ask me out?” she retorted. He just shrugged and smiled. “I’m sorry,” she said shortly, automatically putting up her defensive wall. “I have to work,” she said quickly before walking away.

Sydney seems to be afraid of being asked out by him. Either she's had bad experiences in the past or she feels out of his league.

She also doesn't want him to know about her family, other than Nadia is smart. She's either embarrassed by her family or they're not around any more.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Sydney is afraid. Maybe she feels too busy taking care of 'their little family' to even consider dating.

Michael is not one to back out though, is he?

Great chapter!

Guessing from the way she acted when when she thought about going out with him , she had som bad realtioship experience :(
But Vaughn never give up :smiley: And they have great interaction :D

Back