Apartment 2-C

Hi!!! This is my first fic posted here, so please let me know what you think. I have the first 7 chapters of this posted at Allies and SD-1. Since those chapters are already written, updates should be pretty frequent for the first couple of days. I love reviews!!!! Just let me know what you think about it. Even if you think it sucked. So...Enjoy!!!

“You know you can stay here Syd.”

“I can’t Fran. I have to move on with my life or I’ll never get over Danny.”

Ever since a drunk driver had killed her fiancé, Danny, 6 months ago, Sydney Bristow’s life hadn’t been the same. She had moved back into the apartment that she had shared with her best friend, Francie, before she had moved in with Danny. She had to start moving on with her life, and to her that meant moving somewhere entirely new. Someplace where she wasn’t reminded of Danny every time she turned around.

She had found an apartment in a nice complex in what seemed like a good neighborhood. Francie had agreed to help her move in today, even though she was upset that she wasn’t going to continue living with her.

“Francie, it’s not that bad. It’s five minutes away.” That didn’t seem to cheer up her best friend.

“I know, but I’m just scared that we’ll get too busy to see each other.”

“Fran, just because I’m moving doesn’t mean that we won’t talk or see each other. When I moved in with…” She stopped when she realized what she was about to say. She knew she couldn’t say it without breaking down again. “When I moved last time, that didn’t change our friendship.” She could see that she was starting to convince her friend that this move wouldn’t be as bad as she thought it was.

“Ok. But I want to hear about any guys. Understand?”

Sydney laughed at her friends’ comment. “I doubt there will be any guys. I don’t think I’m ready for that.”

“Syd, come on. You have to move on sometime. Do you think Danny would want to see you moping around?” She stiffened up when his name was mentioned.

“Come one, we need to go.” She shut the door to the back of the moving van and got in the driver’s seat. Francie jumped in a minute later and in a few minutes, they were at Sydney’s new apartment. They sat there for a minute before getting out of the truck.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“I have to Fran.” With that, they started taking boxes out of the back and into her apartment.

. . .

By the time they were halfway done, they were both thoroughly exhausted. When they walked back to the truck to start on the second half, a man pulled up next to them. He stepped out and walked over to the two friends.

“Hi. Are you just moving in?”

Sydney looked up at the man and was surprised when she saw him. He had what looked like blonde hair at first glance but upon further inspection, she realized that there wasn’t a color to describe it. His eyes were so deep and vibrant that you couldn’t help but stare at them. After Francie cleared her throat to tell her that she needed to talk, she found her voice.

“Yeah.” She wanted to say more but she couldn’t find the words.

“Cool. I’m Michael Vaughn, by the way. Apartment 2-C.” He held out his hand for her to shake and she gladly accepted.

“Sydney Bristow. Moving into 2-B.”

“I guess that means we’re neighbors.”

“I guess so.” She looked down at their hands that still hadn’t parted. She quickly pulled hers back when she realized and looked down at her feet to hide the blush quickly overtaking her cheeks.

“Do you need any help with boxes?”

“That would be great!” said Francie.
“Francie!” Sydney quickly turned back to her friend and mouthed “Stop it” only to have Francie mouth “What?” right back at her. She looked back at Michael. He was trying not to laugh but not doing a very good job at it. “It’s okay. You don’t have to.”

“No, it’s no problem. I don’t have anything else to do. Plus, I can get to know you a little better.”

Sydney smiled and thought to herself that maybe this move wouldn’t be as hard as she thought.

great chapter, it sounds interessting

Vaughn and Sydney are going to be neighbours, that's great
poor Syd, it's sad that Danny died, well now she has Vaughn :P

please pm me when you update, thanks

Ok guys...Here's the next chapter.

“The next time I move, I’m getting a moving company to do all the hard stuff. I’m exhausted,” said Sydney. The three of them had finally gotten all the boxes out of the truck and into the apartment.

“What are you talking about? I was the one that did most of the heavy lifting!” It was true. Michael did do the majority of the moving.

“I did a lot too!” Sydney knew her attempt would be futile.

“Ha! What did you end up moving? 10 boxes?”

“You know, he’s right Syd. He did do a lot of it.”

Sydney decided to try and change the subject. “I’m starving. Do any of you guys want something to eat? I can order us a pizza?”

“That’s ok. I had plans tonight. But thanks anyway.” Michael stood up off of the couch and walked towards the door.

“Are you sure? The least I can do is buy you dinner.” Sydney, however, wasn’t so sure that was her only reason for asking him to stay.

“Maybe some other time. It was nice meeting you, Sydney.”

“You too, Michael. And thanks again for all your help.”

“If you need anything, just come over.”

“Thanks. I really appreciate it.”

As he was walking away, he turned around. “Oh, and Syd? I’m going to hold you to that dinner.”

Sydney couldn’t help smiling. There was something about him that just made her feel like somehow, everything would turn out ok. She didn’t know how long she had been standing there, but Francie pulled her out of her reverie.

“Syd, stop drooling!”

“I am not drooling, Fran!” She denied it even though she knew it was probably true.

“Yes you are. And don’t worry, I would be too. He’s hott!”

She knew it was ok to have feelings for this guy but she still couldn’t help feeling guilty. It had been 6 months but she still felt like she was betraying Danny when she said that a guy was cute.

“Fran, I don’t know. I mean is it too soon?”

“No. It’s been 6 months, Syd. You need to move on with your life. If not for yourself then for Danny. He wouldn’t want to see you moping around like this.” She knew her friend was right. Danny wouldn’t want to see her like this. He would tell her to move on. “I have to go too. Will is making me dinner tonight. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Ok. Tell Will I said hi. And thanks so much for all your help today. Let me know how I can make it up to you.”

“I already know how. You can ask Michael out to dinner.” Sydney tried to protest that he most likely had a girlfriend, no guy that gorgeous wouldn’t, but before she could, Francie stopped her again. “Don’t even try to say no. You like him, I know he likes you. And hey, he already said that he would have dinner with you, so what do you have to lose?”

“How can you know that he likes me?”

“Are you serious?! You two were flirting shamelessly. Just go over there sometime and ask him to dinner.”

She wanted to say no, but she couldn’t come up with a good reason not to. She also knew that she couldn’t let her friend down.

PM List
littleangel
ILOVEALIAS27
Jen-Jen
Wild_Child
vartancrazy24

great update

they better go out soon, it's cute that they like each other already ^_^

thank you for the pm
update soon

Back