Are UK School Holidays too long?

Azhria Lilu

Captain
I don't know how many of you have kids, but we've got a week left before they all go back to school here in the UK. They've been on school holidays since 19th July and, to be frank, I've had enough.

They're bored, argumentative, and bent on destruction. 8 weeks of having barely anything to do because a) the weather isn't fantastic, b) both parents aren't off c) everything costs a small fortune when you have a large family.

Roll on next Thursday!

I personally never think it is long enough. I really enjoy spending time with my kids (granted they can be a pain) however they are my children and I miss them when they go back.

Most likely no where near as many as you with your 'large family' and so I can understand where your coming from :D

I just have the one.

LOL, yeah I have 5 aged 11 and under :D I think it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't live in the back of beyond and can't drive. So have to rely on the other half for any trips anywhere - I refuse to do public transport with this long. It'd probably cost more for the journey than wherever we ended up!

Back