Ask Matt question for 10/18/04

Alias News

Official News Poster
From TV Guide Online:

Question:
Like many millions of folks, I'm enjoying Lost, especially the breakout of unknown Evangeline Lilly, and hoping for some good stuff for Emilie de Ravin, a genre favorite from Roswell making her return to the small screen — gotta wonder what's going to happen with her baby (any ideas?). I wanted to put my two cents in on the "monster" discussion you mentioned in answer to one of the recent questions. Surely they had to introduce this subplot early, otherwise they will seem to be "reaching into the bag of tricks" when the forest suddenly starts crunching under invisible feet? I've also got a thought for all those finding the "dark lining in this silver cloud" who are worried that Lost's success might detract from Alias... I actually think that it might improve Alias's ratings. Might not some of all the extra millions of viewers that Lost is enjoying try out another J.J. Abrams show when Alias returns in January? Just a thought. I also wouldn't worry about Desperate Housewives taking its time slot. If they make extra episodes (and I hope they do; loved the premiere episode), they can move it to Life as We Know It's time slot when that implodes — it will implode, won't it? — Allen

Matt:
I don't see either of these new breakout series being thrown into the teeth of Thursday, although I also would never have predicted Fox's moving The O.C. there so soon. I like the optimism in thinking that Lost fans may retroactively discover Alias. Stranger things have happened, and since Alias is pretty much reinventing itself again this season, the timing couldn't be better for new fans to jump aboard, whatever night it ends up on. As for the monster: You're probably right. If you're going to go there, go ahead and go for it. What's the profit in being tentative? And I agree about the women of Lost, especially the newcomer Lilly. This show has so much going for it: beefcake, cheesecake — and a mysterious monster! What's not to like?
Yeah, let's throw Alias to the wolves of Thursday night!!! :woot:

Let's not. I think Allen forgot how competitive that timeslot is . . . :blink:

Thursday night???? :thud:

that would be like killing the show ... :thud:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would move it ... either Wednesday after "Lost" or Sundays after "Desperate HouseWives" ;)

THURSDAYS?!?! :blink:

MADNESSSS!!!! :thud:

And...and...I owuldn't get to tape it then...cause cause...I tape WWE for my brother 🇳🇴 **hyperventilating**

Back