Big Fish

Anyone seen this movie? I watched it a few days ago and personally I thought it was extremely awesome. By far one of the best fantasy genre's I have seen in a long time. It lacked a strong ending, but good nonetheless. Discuss, now! I command thee.

Yes, I went to see it in the theater and brought my mom, but it was absolutely full, so we ended up sitting on the floor in the back.

The movie was great though.

Yeah I never got to go see it on the big screen, but did rent it when it finally hit DVD though.
Truly inspired story, I thought not only was the entire movie beautiful, but the story as well. It's definately anyone with a heart and soul should watch :smiley:

I really liked the exchange between the son and the doctor, when given the actual account of the day he was born and then compared to his fathers version he simply asked: "Now which is more interesting?"

I've been a big fan of Ewen's since he did Trainspotting, so I was looking forward to the film. I like story telling and even bulled up tall tales and it was strongly adapted into the film very well.
When I saw it for 6 bucks at Circuit City, I picked it up. I'm not really a big movie buyer since I can usually watch a film once and be done with it.

HJ-Diviana said:
Yes, I went to see it in the theater and brought my mom, but it was absolutely full, so we ended up sitting on the floor in the back.

The movie was great though.
Wow, I'm surprised they let you do that. I used to manage a theatre, and having people not in a seat (sitting on the floor or standing at the back) is considered a violation of fire code with consequences up to and including fines and/or shut-down if caught. Maybe its different where you are. :🤷:

Anduril said:
Yeah I never got to go see it on the big screen, but did rent it when it finally hit DVD though.
Truly inspired story, I thought not only was the entire movie beautiful, but the story as well. It's definately anyone with a heart and soul should watch :smiley:

Well guess that rules me out then.

I liked this movie too... a whimsical, magical, well-made story. If Hollywood made more interesting movies like these, they'd be doing better. ;)

Back