Can you die of a broken heart?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• depends

• Total voters
if you mean in the sense of love i would say no... sure you can be dangerously depressed and forlorn... but i dont think your heart would actually stop beating and kill you bc of that...

I think yes, interms of love or anything thing for that matter. I think especailly for old people. When two ppl. love each other so much and have lived together for most of their lives and one dies and leaves the other behind, then i definetly think the other person might die of a broken heart. My family is scared for my great grandparents. They never go anwhere without each other and when one of them dies... its going to be heart breaking for the other. Also twins for example... I was reading Angela's Ashes (very sad book, u should read it tho) and there are twins. One of them dies and the other is so lonely he doesn't eat or anything and he dies a little while later... wow ok this was a longer post then i expected, but to sum it all up, YES i think you can die of a broken heart :brokenheart:

physically, of course.

but emotionally, a broken heart can cause you to do things that will end up killing you, but just the instance of having your heart broken (as painful as it is) will not kill you.

one of my teachers friend asked her out but she said no to him b/c she ddint want to mess up their friendship and a few days later he commited suicide over it :(

xdancer said:
i believe you can. if you are truly broken-hearted, you could lose the will to live.
I agree, especially with (like pie47 said) old people who have been together for a while. When one dies, the other may not feel like going on with life.

I guess you can. Medically speaking, if you're put under a situation of serious stress and depression, you might become weak to disease and illness resulting in death.

-_- Messege from a Toronto Cracker -_-

I think it depends, because people deal with broken hearts differently, and some may go into depression, which may end in death, and it can also cause you to become weaker physically, so you're less immune to illness

(Sings) What becomes of the broken-hearted... :whistle:

But, seriously, (as this would be the place for that) excluding suicide, I think it depends. If you have a serious disease like cancer and you just don't want to live you just might give up and die. I think I read about that in a book somewhere. Can't remember the title.

Ha, f#ck that love affair s***! Just hit it, split it, quit it, and forget it..

j/k..

You can't die of a broken heart directly.. but you can indirectly by commiting suicide.

Back