Canadians

:hi:

I'm from Canada! I'm a westerner...BC :smiley:

Mind if I add to that Things You Should Know About list? I'm actually getting these from the 'You know you're from Canada when...' blogthing...but I thought they were funny, and true ^_^

12. We get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.
13. We know what a touque is.
14. We perk up when we hear the theme song from "Hockey Night in Canada."
15. "Eh?" is a very important part of our vocabulary and more polite than, "Huh?"
16. Everything is labelled in English and French.
17. We drink pop, not soda.
18. We understand the phrase, "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

And this one was from the 'You know you're from British Columbia when...' but I thought it probably could apply...

19. We consider that if it has no snow, it is not a real mountain.

If anyone wants the link to the 'You Know You're From...When...' it's here :smiley:

Welcome on allalias.com blue ice!

Your list is very funny, especially no18. :lol:

Any contribution to the list is welcomed!

I was born in the small town of Cranbrook, British Columbia.
When I was 12 i moved to the great city of Calgary, Alberta.

Hurray for Canada.

Not from Canada no...I'm about seven hours from Niagra Falls. But my health teacher is from Ontario and I swear all he ever says is "eh?"

Ok Canadians, pleaaaaase help me !!!

i'm looking for this Canadian tv-show which aired yeeeeeeeeears ago... you had this one girl Amanda, she was quite rich and had long, brown hair, always dressed nicely, wearing a lot of hats (NO, i'm not talking about Blossom !!!!!!!) I think later on in the show her parents got devorced and she had anorexia at some point

so, this Amanda had a best friend, a girl called Buzzy... her parents were italian, she had 3 (if i remember correctly) older brothers ... her dad was a butcher... buzzy had shorter, darkbrown curly/wavey hair... she played drums or guitars in a "band" with a friend... she was kinda masculin

pleeeeeeeeease, what's this show called???

on a sidenote i must say you have some pretty darn good tv shows! when i was young(er) i just loved this show (Amanda-Buzzy thingy) and another Canadian show called Odyssey - it was with this boy who was in a coma and had some adventures in his comateuse status on which he had to find his way back

and how i loved Mysterious Ways! such a shame that show got cancelled

yeaaaaaah!! that's it oh my god thank you so much !!

but howcome you found it there???

I searched there too ... I know Buzzy last name was "Ramone" so i looked it up on IMDB "Amanda and Buzzy" and "Buzzy Ramone" but i couldn't find it anywhere... even when i typed "Buzzy Ramone" on Yahoo i couldn't find it :confused:

but hey, thanks again !! :D

You're welcome! :D

When I searched, I entered Amanda. By default, you have the option All. I chose the option characters.

Your results are classified: male and female character. I checked the result with the mention TV series. Five minutes and I found the name of the show.

You mispelled the name of the character, it's Busy not Buzzy, it's why imdb didn't find a match.

Hi! I didn't know there was a canadian thread here! I'm from Montreal. Well, I really live in a small city about 30 minutes from there but nobody knows it!

I read the list about the things you should know about Canada and the one baout how we feel happy when an american show mentions us really crakced me up!! I remember in the season 1 of Alias, when Sloane went to Montreal, I was so happy!! :P
Anyway.. I don't really ahve any idea about what to add to this list right now, but I'll think about it!

blue ice said:
If anyone wants the link to the 'You Know You're From...When...' it's here :smiley:
Funny link, except this one:
You like the Americans a little because they don't want Quebec either.

I love Canada and I'm from Quebec! :(

^^Yeah that's a bad one...I'm not from Quebec but I do like Quebec :smiley: I have BC French Immersion French that I'd love to try out...though I'm not sure how good it is :blush:

I think that you should try french immersion. :D
I never had the occasion to try immersion, but I think that people can learn faster if they are in this kind of programme. It's probably difficult at the beginning, but it could give good results.
Immersion can be good because you are with people who speak fluently the language. They can give you good advices and they can correct your mistakes.

What kind immersion programme were you talking about? Was it like living with a family who speak french or studying in a french-speaking school?

Ahhh sorry I just realised what I wrote was kind of confusing...I meant to say that I have French Immersion French (as in I'm already taking it) and that I would like to try it out in Quebec :smiley: It's a program that starts in grade six and goes til graduation (at least where I live...some start in kindergartan). All your subjects are taught in French and you end up learning pretty quickly.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Happy Canada Day!</span>
canadian_flag.jpg

dang I was away on Canada day but I would have posted (btw go Ottawa! :P )
I just found this thread and I love and from Canada!!!!!!

Back