Fantasy Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Moving to Perf. Arts...there isn't a movie...right? It just opened at Ford not too long ago. It took over 42nd Street.

actually, it is a movie ... long time ago ...

I loved it ... this movie is an old one, but very well done and the song ... it was made in 1968 ...

Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ...

Musical/Performing Arts

Van Dyke's charming as a daydreaming inventor who fixes up an old jalopy and, with the vivid imaginations of his two children and a lady friend, it is transformed into a flying, floating wonder car that carries them to a magical kingdom. Inspired by an Ian Fleming idea. 

MPAA Rating:
  G. 

Starring:
Dick Van Dyke, Sally Ann Howes, Lionel Jeffries, Benny Hill, Robert Helpmann 

Directed by:
Ken Hughes 

I remember this movie, Benny Hill played the toy maker and Dick Van Dyke had a horrible english accent. I also heard something about Phil Collins being one of the kids in that seen under the city where all the kids were hidden.

I enjoyed it as a kid, I rank it up there with the original Dr. Dolittle.

facade47 said:
This used to be my favorite movie :lol:
[post="1259231"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Lol, it still is my favorite move. At least, one of them. ;) Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang rocks...when I was little I watched it every single afternoon. Without fail. I love Caratacus (Dick Van Dyke, and the all the songs. :smiley:

BTW - The reason it was in Performing Arts is because this Sunday its opening in previews on Broadway :smiley:jump:smiley: this Sunday. For more info check it out here. I would so love to see that on the stage - maybe someday. :smiley:

- Meg

ConcreteGirl said:
Why was it changed to "Performing Arts?" - Seems to me that would be a hard one to do on the stage.
[post="1259254"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

In fact, it's a fabulous new musical on Broadway! And...yes...the car really flies. It's amazing. The props are incredibly impressive; it would probably be very hard for them to travel with it, though. But, it certainly made me feel like a kid again! ^_^