Commercials

I just saw this horrible commercial the other day, trying to warn parents about online predators.. and it was typing out the things...

And the first thing they did was

LOL : laughing out loud

then .................

POS : parent over shoulder -this is particularly funny because the first thing I thought when I saw pos was point of sale. Does anyone actually use POS for parent over shoulder? That was the first I've EVER seen it, and I've been online for enough years that I think I'd know it by now..

AND THEN it got more rediculous and was like

LMIRL : let's meet in real life - and I was just like, nobody would ever type lmirl, I understand there ARE predators, but seriously parents, watch your kids! Put a keylogger on if you need to!

Geeze. I hate commercials. I'll post more I hate this one and this one, when I see one that particularly irks me.

I've seen that commercial before, It is truely ridiculous.

Alot of those acronyms I've never seen either.

POS? Right...

I'm also pretty sure kids these days aren't THAT stupid.. And if they are.
Well I'll be damned. <_<

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I bet a lot of parents think their kids actually talk like that online.

I've avoided lol as long as I can remember... I don't like acronyms

but if you google lmirl it actually does come up with lets meet in real life

BUT WHO WOULD USE IT!!!!!

Anyway, another commercial type that gets to me, are the oil companies and the other power companies that have commercials saying they are looking for new fuel sources and that kind of stuff.

GUESS WHAT! We could use a hydrogen engine! And it's already in some cars! And you know WHERE you get hydrogen? Water! And you know what the emissions are from that type of engine?! WATER!

I hate the oil companies. I wish people would stand up for themselves, or even get themselves taught about what is really going on.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 2 2006, 08:09 PM
I hate the oil companies.
You and me both, it's sick the amount of felgercarb they get away with. Electric cars, and I mean fully electric have been around since the first cars. Henry Ford made an electric car for his wife. So why is it that there aren't any out? It's because the gasoline engine has hundreds of moving parts which may break and need to be fixed and the electric engine only has one.

Originally posted by Aries+Apr 2 2006, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aries @ Apr 2 2006, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Diviana@Apr 2 2006, 08:09 PM
I hate the oil companies.
You and me both, it's sick the amount of felgercarb they get away with. Electric cars, and I mean fully electric have been around since the first cars. Henry Ford made an electric car for his wife. So why is it that there aren't any out? It's because the gasoline engine has hundreds of moving parts which may break and need to be fixed and the electric engine only has one. [/b][/quote]
"Hydrogen Cells are ze devil" - Some Texas Billionare.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 1 2006, 05:42 PM
I just saw this horrible commercial the other day, trying to warn parents about online predators.. and it was typing out the things...

And the first thing they did was

LOL : laughing out loud

then .................

POS : parent over shoulder -this is particularly funny because the first thing I thought when I saw pos was point of sale. Does anyone actually use POS for parent over shoulder? That was the first I've EVER seen it, and I've been online for enough years that I think I'd know it by now..

AND THEN it got more rediculous and was like

LMIRL : let's meet in real life - and I was just like, nobody would ever type lmirl, I understand there ARE predators, but seriously parents, watch your kids! Put a keylogger on if you need to!

Geeze. I hate commercials. I'll post more I hate this one and this one, when I see one that particularly irks me.
What's really funny is you use Acronyms for something that happens often..

Example:

LOL - Laughing out Loud, eveyone knows this one. Why do people who are online a lot use it? Because just like in real life when people make stupid jokes they expect some sort of recognition that you thought it was funny. I'm sure you've all got friends who make really stupid jokes and you give them a little chortle. Lol is the online equivalent of this.

POS - I guess if you were a child and you knew what you were talking about was wrong and dirty and your parent checked on you a lot (such as if your computer was in the kitchen or family room) then this acronym would apply. I've heard of it, but I can't remember using it or ever seeing it used.

But LMIRL? WTF? OMFG that's stupid. How many times would you say Lets Meet In Real Life to constitute usage of it in acronym form? If you have to repeat yourself that many times, I don't think the person you're talking to really wants to meet you.

dyggtaac (don't you guys get that acronyms are cool) gosh, i use that one all the time, but i figured my jargon reaches only to the limits of my mind. oh

ttyl u sob's

KB

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 10:20 AM
dyggtaac (don't you guys get that acronyms are cool) gosh, i use that one all the time, but i figured my jargon reaches only to the limits of my mind. oh

ttyl u sob's

KB
PYSITE

(Poke.Yourself.In.The.Eye)

KthxBAI

Back