Cylon helmet kit....

sci-fi-dude

1963, 1899 called they want every thing back....
Thanks to Tom, I ordered a nice cylon helmet kit of the I-net! It has 3 options, 1 raw stock abs, 2 chromed, 3 finished. I ordered the base kit, because I like projects. I called the Gent at Dpms at his business and he was very helpful for understanding how to build the kit. I know it has to be chrome or gold, but I don't have the funds to chrome it now. I found something cool, someone on You tube had a comparision on chrome paints sprayed on plastique spoons. The one that won is a hobby paint called spaz stix. it showed how to get a mirrored finish for under 11 clams. So after some searching I found some spaz stix at a rc hobby shop, 1 can was left! lol! I cant wait, it going to look great on my desk.....By my command! :cool:

Reactions: Tom

sci-fi-dude

I also linked you to a light kit. Are you going to do the light kit as well?
Yeup, I kept the link. It deffo' needs the light. Thanks again, its a child hood dream!:cool::)

sci-fi-dude

Thanks, they say build it nice and slow, measure twice and cut once, so this fun project I will take my time and hopefully not make too many mistakes...;)

sci-fi-dude

Sorry gang, the kit is being a pain. The parts don't exactly fit, so I'm putting my dremel to use. Man I have so much glue and abs shavings every where! Its molded from the 70s movie props so its really difficult to make. good thing I'm paitent and I have model building skills, ill fill you in on the progress.....

sci-fi-dude

Almost done, lots o glue, on helmet and hands, scotch brite tooke care of that, smooth as glass, ready fro primer then black then chrome then clear coat for protection......:cool:

sci-fi-dude

Take your time on projects like this, they are tough!!!

sci-fi-dude

Lets see, Battle star is about the Romans-cylons vs the Egyptians, the colonist. Is star wars the Germans vs the Slavs?;) And how about Star Trek, humans vs anything out there?

sci-fi-dude

Cool I should write a sci-fi hit, called the Ultra-hot space babes vs the plain Janes, lol!
Action, adventure, excitement, and no Yoda!
:ROFLMAO:

sci-fi-dude

Well I finally finished the paint job, eh its silver, very shiny silver, I wonder how Hollywood made those helmets of plastic chrome, I spend a lot of money and time trying to cheaply make it shiny, oh well, its a silver cylon...:cool:;)

sci-fi-dude

Update, I sanded the whole thing, went off to auto zone and bought dupli color chrome for plastic, it worked great, I cant believe I can see my reflection, I'm letting it dry now. Next the robot eye! stay tuned!:cool:

Top Bottom