Damien Rice

Two of my friends just got married and for their first dance they had The Blower's Daughter. She looked amazing and he looked so handsome and i just sat and cried for about 5 minutes. bloody mates. i completely ruined my make-up that my friend spent so long doing. :lol:

garnergarnish said:
Two of my friends just got married and for their first dance they had The Blower's Daughter. She looked amazing and he looked so handsome and i just sat and cried for about 5 minutes. bloody mates. i  completely ruined my make-up that my friend spent so long doing. :lol:
[post="1168919"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I remember you telling me about that, Nay darling. :smiley: It sounds so sweet and romantic, and I wish I could have been there with you. :(

Whoa, really? Dude, that's just weird.

Anyways, I just discovered (or maybe I was stupid before), the angsty track that's right after Eskimo. OHMEHGAWD. I love that song now. Mmm...angst. :D

Edit: I just found out what that song is called- Prague. Damn, it's good. And I realized that there are lots more Damien songs that I need to listen to.

AgentDesertRose said:
Whoa, really? Dude, that's just weird.

Anyways, I just discovered (or maybe I was stupid before), the angsty track that's right after Eskimo. OHMEHGAWD. I love that song now. Mmm...angst. :D

Edit: I just found out what that song is called- Prague. Damn, it's good. And I realized that there are lots more Damien songs that I need to listen to.
[post="1238113"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

WHAT?????????? Why would he date her. She's so non-descript and vacuous. good actress, but bland. oh well, same thing when Chris Martin married that bint Gwyneth Paltrow. :angry:

ANYWAY...Prague is one of the best songs Damien has ever done. Yes Kat, you definitely need to hear his other stuff. Firstly his b-sides and his live stuff as well all of which i had with me when i was with you. Damn!!! There are lots of swear words in his b-sides and rude stuff. it's great. ooh i'll play you some on the phone. ;)

garnergarnish said:
ANYWAY...Prague is one of the best songs Damien has ever done. Yes Kat, you definitely need to hear his other stuff. Firstly his b-sides and his live stuff as well all of which i had with me when i was with you. Damn!!! There are lots of swear words in his b-sides and rude stuff. it's great. ooh i'll play you some on the phone. ;)
[post="1238296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Definitely. I do. I saw all these different song titles and I need to get these songs somehow. And damn!! You had those songs with you while you were here. Baa. :baa: Yeah, I know there are. I saw the lyrics. ;)

cute_as_candy said:
i bought the cd today, after hearing Cannonball whilst sitting in Costa's... it reminded me that The Blowers Daughter also is an amazing song and felt the need to go buy it.
i am in love with the cello part. it's so pretty. i want to learn how to play it...
even if you don't like the style of music, just the way the cello is in between each "Can't take my eyes/mind off of you" is beautiful in The Blowers Daughter. and then at the end, when lisa hannigan is singing the lines "Did i say i loathe you? Did i say i want to leave it all behind..." its sooo pretty.
okay just the Blowers Daughter has inspired me to actually practice cello :lol: actually...might go try to work out how to play it... ;)
And Cannonball, Volcano, Delicate, Eskimo, Amie, and Cold Water.. :thud: amazing...
[post="1155286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Isn't cello THE best instrument EVER?? I just love it...
Well, funny fact... I got into cello after i bought Damien's cd and then i just started noticing it everywhere and found out that 90% of the music i have on my pc/iPod and on cd's have cello in 'em

If you really like cello's you should check out Apocalyptica they're German and the just make amaaaaaaasing songs ... I just LOVE "Path" "Fading to Black" "The Hall of the Mountain King" (wich are al without singing), "Seemann" ft Nina Hägen (it's a Rammstein cover but it's nice & quiet) and "Fareaway pt 2" -that song is ft a Swedish singer but i can't remember her name, the lyrics are verry nice!-

en plus, you'll like the theme from "Requiem For A Dream" as well if you like cello's :smiley:
ow... and the opening theme to "Angel" :D (i don't really like the show but i love that tune :D)

Ow yeah ... I don't really like Damien's other songs...

I just LOVE everything on "O" because it's nice and quiet, relaxing... it's just what music should be: amazing lyrics, nice voice, fantastic sound (cello-accoustic guitar-piano) ...

I don't know wether i'll buy his new album because he said himself the new one will be "harder" and not longer the nice accoustic sound ... Bummer!

I do like the live version of "The Professor" that you can hear on his site... Well, i love Lisa singing in French lol

[quote name='Danté's Prayer' date='Mar 15 2005, 04:02 PM']Ow yeah ... I don't really like Damien's other songs...

I just LOVE everything on "O" because it's nice and quiet, relaxing... it's just what music should be: amazing lyrics, nice voice, fantastic sound (cello-accoustic guitar-piano) ...

I don't know wether i'll buy his new album because he said himself the new one will be "harder" and not longer the nice accoustic sound ... Bummer!
I do like the live version of "The Professor" that you can hear on his site... Well, i love Lisa singing in French lol
[post="1260330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I know i heard that too and i was like, But why would you do that. we like the depressing, nostalgic, reflective Damien. That's what his live concert was like i heard, he used more hard guitar, although when i saw him back in 2002 he played nice acoustic stuff but used a lot of effects. Still excellent though.

As for the cello, i love it i always have and forever regret giving up playing it. i gave up at 11 when i was already doing my Grade 6 and now i'm pissed. i guess i could always pick it up again.

i just found out that renee zelwegger is dating him.....

ew. she's gross

anyways, i've been listening to O constantly lately. it's so mellow. i love him.

yeah i loved the use of delicate in 'Crossings' and in Lost as well when it was playing and then it cuts out on Hurley's cd walkmen..so funny.

O wow! Heh, I'm lame. Moving on, I love his music! I'd like to say that I'm listening to it right now, but Crowded House is playing. I love The Blower's Daughter, and Cold Water, and... hey! Cold Water just started playing! Whee!

I miss Damien Rice...people seem to have forgotten about him due to the arrival of Jame Blunt, who to me has nothing on the Rice-meister...and the return of David Gray, who i've loved for years. But Damien's stuff is great and he is soooo good live so i want more dammit!!!

they just played Delicate in another show I was watching, but for the life of me I can't remember which.

IMO, no one can compare to Damien. I love him. And he's so hot. OMFI. I mean really hot. But I do love David Grey. I just bought tickets to see him at the Fox Theater. It should be good. I haven't been to the Fox since I seen the Wizard of Oz there.

Back