Do you have Aspergers tendencies?

Robby

Helper Bot
How much do you really know about Aspergers? Do you know anyone with Aspergers? Have you ever suspected that you might have Aspergers? Do you know of some of the world's most recognizable geniuses had Aspergers?

You can take a quick test here:
Take the Autism Test
Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives.
Let's start and see where it goes.... :coffee:

I scored 22 which according to that site means that I scored higher then a 'normal' average of 15 but below a score of 30 which indicated clinical Aspergers.

Growing up I was attributed with having a lot of 'quirks' that have carried with me nearly my entire life. Some are evident that everybody around me knows about while others nobody is even aware of with the possible exception of my wife. When I entered the work place in an IT shop the first thing I realized is that a lot of my fellow coders also had quirks. Over the years it has sort of just become a part of life for me that certain IT folks have quirks and it is perfectly normal. As a result, I suppose, it is why I am more comfortable with other 'geeks' in social situations than strangers.

Back