Downfall

Topic: Alias-Irina Derevko
Rating: PG-13
Title: Downfall
Author: Me ;)

-Chapter One-

[Syd's Voice]
"As I stood over her grave I tried to think of all the things that had led to that moment and tried to make myself hate her. I was trying to mask my feelings and pain by pretending that after all she had done to me, that I could hate her. But I couldn't, I could only cry."

"I watched as the dirt was put on the coffin and the coffin was lowered. I turned to my father who was holding onto me, and I cried on his shoulder. I was surprised that he was crying too. After what she had done to him, after what he had said about her, he was crying. I think that was the first time he had ever cried, or the first time I remembered him crying maybe."

"But it wasn't until I saw the name on the tombstone that I realized she was dead. The words were imprinted deeply on it, and my dad chose what name it should be. Irina Bristow. He thought that for her two identities should be put on the grave. The one he loved, and the one he hated. I couldn't believe she was dead. She had escaped Death once, but I saw her body in the coffin being lowered."

"I felt that it was my fault. The one thing she did right, ever, in her life, got her killed. I don't know whether she was a hero or still a woman full of betrayal. But I know that I love her, and my father loved her." Sydney began to burst into tears as she snapped back from her painful memory that had just occurred. She grabbed a tissue and dried her eyes as she looked up at Dr. Barnett.

"Sydney, I know how difficult it is for you to have your mother pass away. But you, your father, and Michael Vaughn are the only, live survivors of that incident. I was wondering if you could tell me what happened." Barnett looked at Syd and felt very, deeply sorry.

"It began in the CIA office, here in Los Angeles. I was debriefed on a mission by Dixon..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm open to any comments good or bad I just hope you like it ;) :cool:

dies, i spent a long time to write another section for this and my friend's internet computer crashed and it was before it would post :sadangel: So it's not like it was before cause I couldn't remember it all...I don't know which one I liked better though :lol: I'm just glad so many people think its intresting so far ;)

Anyways, where I left off :;):

"Dixon was sitting down in one of the chairs as my father sat next to him. Vaughn was about to enter too until he saw me and stopped to smile and talk." Sydney started to go back to her memory of the events.

"Hi, Syd." Vaughn looked at me and it felt like it was all okay, or at least for a moment.

"I'm guessing whatever we find out in there is not anything good." Sydney began to talk to Barnett again, "I knew before I walked in there with Vaughn, there would be no good news. My father is skilled at many things but when he tries to hide his emotions he is terrible." Sydney giggled a bit before she continued as Barnett smiled at her.

"He looked like someone had died, or something big had happened, and by the stiffness on his face, I could tell whatever was going to happen would not be good." Sydney looked down and then as she looked back up, I was looking at Vaughn in my memory.

"It doesn't look like there is going to be any good news out of this." Vaughn tried to smile but was worried about what was going on.

"Vaughn, no news is good news." I laughed a little before Vaughn finally spoke.

"Hearing you were alive was great news." And Vaughn walked into the room and sat across from Jack.

I whispered to myself, what I couldn't help but say, "Hearing you were married was no good news at all." Then I entered the room and the tension was high.

"Hello Sydney." Dixon looked at me but I could tell it in his eyes something was wrong, so all I could do was smile, and I tooke my seat next to Vaughn.

"At four p.m. this evening, Nadia was taken, captured, from the safe house." Dixon saw the look of fear on my face.

"Who was it? How could they have gotten passed our security, the guards?" I couldn't help but look like it was their fault until two words were spoken, and I new nothing could have prevented or kept out that.

"Irina Derevko. She was spotted as she entered the safe house. All the power on the streets was cut before it took place. Witnesses say they saw a red hed and a younger male with blondish brown hair leave dragging out a black/Brunette haired woman as if she were drugged. Blood covered the woman and the male." My father looked sad and also angry.

"Sark." I knew who was with my mother, and I felt like I should've killed him all those times I had a chance, too.

"Then why have you never? I mean the CIA hasn't stopped you. So why?" Barnett was walking in deep waters best not to swim in.

"Because, I'd perfer not to say, but I am also not a murderer." Sydney got defensive when she spoke.

"But he is." Barnett was trying to get answers she would not recieve.

"As I was saying." The walls changed color again from tan to brown.

"They got past our security by killing the guards and releasing a gas into Nadia's room. We wouldn't have known so soon if our silent alarm hadn't gone off, our sensory alarm. We didn't send anyone because we knew we had no chance to get there in time. Syd, I'm sorry." Dixon looked at me, but it was a minute before I looked up.

"I know there was nothing you could do." I felt like I had failed Nadia in some way, but I was okay.

"What did they want with Nadia? A mother-daughter reunion, because I still remember hearing about Syd's and how she was shot." Vaughn was trying to help but it seemed like he was just making things worse.

"No, she took Nadia for the Rambaldi location, the Endgame." My dad gave Vaughn a dirty look. Vaughn's coment upset him.

"How do we get Nadia back?" I looked at Dixon but he did not look back, and then Marshall walked in.

"Well Syd, Irina and Sark bought a three tickets to Sydney, Australia. We need you and Vaughn to break into their base, they will have guards, and security measures though. One Security measure you can't get past, unless you have Irina or Sark's eyes. No fakes will no, it will have to be real. But I found a loop hole." Marshall looked proud of himself.

"Which is?" Sydney wanted to get Marshall, for once in his life, to cut to the point.

"These sunglasses. Yes they look like normal glasses, but when you click the side of them, it'll zoom in and take a picture of the eye if you focuz on it. It will even get a dignostic on what structures it has. Because you have Irina's DNA syd, all you need is the structure and the right pair of glasses to fool the program." Marshall looked at Syd.

"But how are any of us going to get past Irina or Sark knowing who we are?" Vaughn looked skeptical.

"One of our agents will be going into a party down in Australia, and recover the data we need. Our target will be Irina because Sark will be more careful. This is our agent." As Jack finished talking, a young man came into the room, "his name is Daniel Evans. He will be getting this data. As soon as he obtains it, he will bring it back for Marshall. Then you, Weiss, and Vaughn will be heading out."

"Nice to meet you Sydney, Vaughn." Daniel shook hands with both of them and took a seat.

"You leave in three hours Daniel, and hopefully Syd, you will be leaving within the next two weeks." Dixon turned off the snap shots of Irina and Sark on the screen.

"You know how dangerous she is. Don't take her for granted, she cannot be trusted." Jack looked at Sydney when he said this. And then everyone exited to room while Jack and Dixon remained.

"And when my father and Dixon got into an intense conversation afterwards, I felt like I had before, like I still didn't know the truth."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It took Daniel about three days to complete the mission because the party was backed up a day." Syd looked at Barnett.

"How did you feel when you knew your mother had taken your sister?" Barnett looked at Sydney, hoping if she was lying, you would see it in her face.

"I felt bad for Nadia, having such bad parents. Her father Sloane, the man who whenever he touched someone, their life was turned to ruins. And Irina, a woman who when you can believe she'll love you and not betray you, shoots you." Syd looked down at her hands, which were covered in bandages from the mission.

"What happened when you arrived?" Barnett looked at Syd.
Syd flashed onto the time she spent on the plane.

"Vaughn, I was just wondering, how you feel about what's happening." I looked at him but he didn't say anything. It wasn't until I was walking away, he said anything.

"I can't say whether I hate her or shouldthank her. I could never stop hating her from killing my father, but Syd, there were times when you were down and she would talk to you, and you would smile, like you never smiled before. I would get jealous, but be happy for you. And there were other times, she would tell me what to do to save you, you would have died without her." I smiled and Vaughn did too.

"I'm sorry Vaughn."

"Don't ever feel responsible or take blame for your mothers actions. You're not her."

"The plane landed and we rented a hotel. We all shared the room, even though Weiss really didn't want too." Sydney laughed, "I remember seeing them talking together."

"I don't want to share a room with you two. Your in love and I don't want to be in the room, "ruining the mood." Weiss looked at Vaughn.

"Nothing's gonna happen." grabbed his soda from the veding machine.

"You said that about Lauren." Vaughn looked at Weiss angrily. "look I'm sorry."

"ok Weiss."

"Look man, you're lucky. First you get a drawer, and now you share a bed? I wish I was you." Weiss grinned.

"You've shared my bed before when you had nowhere to stay.

"Shhhh! That's a secret! And plus, this is different, your sharing it with a beautiful woman. I'm going to get myself my own room."

"Nothing's gonna hap..."

"Ya right!"

loved the updates!
but what is irina up to with sark and why did they capture nadia?
awesome, and thanks for the PM! :lol:

*coughs* Ahem *coughs*

"I went back to our room, the big gold numbers 47 on it. I went to go take a shower and I turned the water on hot, extremely hot." Sydney looked at Barnett, this time she looked, terrified.

"What happened next, Sydney?" Barnett looked down at her clipboard and took notes.

"I had my hands on the wall and I was just thinking, thinking about everything. But I heard, a noise from outside of the bathroom. I thought that it was Vaughn entering, because I heard the t.v. go on. I had left the door of the bathroom unlocked."

"I was finally finished when I got my towel on and stepped out of the steamy shower, and fog was covering the mirror. I couldn't see anything. I didn't hear any door open, not a sound, the t.v. was off now."

"Vaughn? Is that you?" I was yelling through the door.

"But I wasn't sure if it was safe, so from one of the bathroom drawers, I started to open it. I grabbed the gun from inside it, and I turned to the mirror, and wiped off the steam. But I wasn't expecting to see someone standing behind me." Sydney gave Barnett a serious glance.

"Who was it?" Barnett leaned in closer.

"Sark." Sydney looked at the walls, reminding her of the color of the hotel.

"There's no need for any guns." Sark said, pointing the gun to my head.

"So why do you get one?" I couldn't turn around to see him, but I could see his reflection. That was how I knew he had the gun.

"Precautions. Put your gun down. Now!" And I did what he said, I dropped the gun and threw it into the bath tub.

"I must say, your jobs are getting sloppy. You didn't think we'd know it was--" Sark interupted me.

"Of course we did Sydney. We knew you would find out. Irina never underestimates you." Sark gave me a smirk but all I did was glance at him, angrily. "We wanted you to know about the kidnap. But we don't want you getting to know anything else, or getting too close. Truth takes time." Sark looked at me.

"Looks like you learned one of my mothers sayings. And what do you mean, The Truth? And what of Nadia? Does she know that Irina, is her mo--"

"No, she does not. I'm not quite sure why we had to capture her, maybe a mother-daughter follow up like yours was. The truth? The truth of your missing 2 years, who was involved, and why." Sark seemed to know all the answers. He looked cocky and arrogant.

"I didn't think you'd watch me in the shower. You really are perverted." My face scrunched.

"I've only watched you while you were sleeping." And as I turned around to look Sark in the face, the room steamed, the door was open along with the hotel room door, and Sark was gone.

Weiss walked in, blood on his head. "Sydney! Are you okay?" He grabbed his head, in pain.

"What happened?" I looked at his head, it looked like someone had hit him with a brick.

"Irina. She ambushed Vaughn and me. She had four other men with her. She knocked me out. When I awoke, Vaughn was gone, they took him. And then I came to see about you. I saw your hotel door open and Sark running away and out the hotel door. Are you okay?" Weiss looked at me.

"Ya, I'm okay. It was a distraction. Sark came up here, long enough to distract me and take Vaughn." I looked at the mirror, and anger overcame me, and I punched the mirror, and fell to the ground crying.

"Why would they want Vaughn?" Weiss game me the "why would they do that look?"

"To keep me away. But now I'm only coming, with rage." And as Sydney sat in Barnett's office looking at her bandaged hands from punching them into the mirror, she looked up, and started to cry.

"This was shortly before your mother died, wasn't it?" Barnett looked at Sydney and leaned back in her chair.

Sydney couldn't speak, and she just nodded with tears in her eyes. "Ye--yes."

OK another update

"I was still in pieces on the ground when Weiss lifted me up and spoke." Sydney was looking at Weiss now, tears making her vision blurry.

"Sydney, we'll get him back. If they really want you to stay away they'll hold him until whatever they're planning is done. The only reason they'll have for hurting him is if we come to them." Weiss was unsure if they should continue on, for Vaughn's sake.

"We have to go. I doubt they'll not hurt him. Sark and my mother don't play nice with others." Sydney looked at Weiss and hugged him, crying on his shoulders.

"Now Vaughn, I want to ask you a question about you and my daughter." Irina looked down, close on top of Vaughn as he was chained down, and looked Vaughn in the eye.

"I won't answer or tell you anything." Vaughn lifted his head at Irina and gave her a dirty look.

"Do you love her...still. Even though your married to Lauren?" Irina stood up and walked around the table he was tied down on. They hit a road bump and everything shook.

"What? What kind of question is that?" Vaughn looked puzzled at Irina.

"It's a perfect question. The way you were sharing a hotel room alone with her. You weren't going to just use my daughter and leave her because your married were you?" Irina knew the answer already.

"I wasn't going to...I still love her yes, but I wasn't going to do anything." Vaughn looked at Sark to his left, and he was smiling.

"Wrong answer. If you love her, you would've let her go. Instead you chose to hurt her with words and acts of compassion from a man she can no longer have. Tell me how you would feel, talking to a woman you had loved so much, who's now married but acts like she did when you two were dating. It would hurt wouldn't it?" Irina stood to the shadows now.

"It would...it would kill me." Vaughn realized what he had been doing wrong now.

"Then Sark..." Irina called to him.

"Yes." Sark looked at Vaughn.

"Do what you want with him." Irina left to the front of the car.

"This should be fun." Sark looked at Vaughn, giving him a smirk.

"Well your a smart guy, you do know there's an F U in fun right?" Vaughn tried to get off the table, but to no sucess.

"Nice try." Sark grabbed something to his left and looked at Vaughn. The room went black and Vaughn was screaming out in pain.

Back