Dr. Who?

Alias_Gay

Ensign
I know its a "old" show and it has been on the air for a long time ... but I have only seen about 3 episodes so far ... and I think they are from the past season ... not sure ... but I am liking the show ...

I get the chance to see one more episode tonight on cable ... after that I am not sure when the channel will show more of the show ...

I love Doctor Who - and I've been a fan of the original series for over 20 years and I absolutely love the revived new series! My all time favorite Doctor is the 4th Doctor played by Tom Baker with the 10th Doctor played by David Tennant as my #2 favorite Doctor and one I am VERY smitten with I'm afraid. I will be heartbroken when he leaves us!

Love DW! Haven't had the chance to watch the original series, but the new generation is fantastic! Favourite doctor is definitely David Tennant, but is am excited to see that Matt Smith will bring to the role.

As a child I used to love the Doctor Who Complete Series and apparently I used to hide behind the sofa whenever the Daleks appeared. I think it must have been the voice. But over time the whole idea lost so much of its charm that it became a real pain to watch.

Well all that has changed, Every nostalgic moment I ever had about the doctor has come flooding back with this highly enjoyable reanimation of a childhood favourite, even though I am now well into my thirties.

Christopher Eccleston is great in the lead and Billy Piper makes the archetypal sidekick. This new incarnation is full of the humour and tongue in cheek appeal that I hoped it would be. I just hope it keeps going as it started.

I have to give this a ten even if it's just because it's filmed in my home town of Cardiff, If not for the fact that is gives me a glimmer of what I liked in this series from when I was a very small child.

I use to watch Doctor a few years ago when I was a bit younger but I've grown out of it now and can't even remember when it is on. I think Torchwood took me away from it as well as it was a bit more grown up and more action filled. I heard the new Doctor's assistant is dressing in a sexy way now so I may just go back to watch it ;)

Everytime I go to England to stay with family friends I'll watch it because their little child ALWAYS has it on with loads of posters and toys of Doctor Who so I can't really ignore it. Ah well, it's a good watch none the less.

I was another one brought up hiding behind the sofa from the Daleks. I've probably seen just about ever episode made and I'm still quite a fan. Tom Baker and David Tennant are my favourites but I have to take my hat off to Matt Smith who did the impossible with a successful take over from Tennant. I don't think there are many actors capable of such a feat.

I think Matt is okay, but I don't think anyone will ever be able to top Tennant, he brought a special kind of madness to the character :D

I do agree, Tennant was for me the ultimate Dr, completely right for the role and totally unsurpassable. I think that's why I admire Matt Smith as I couldn't imagine anyone being able to take on the roll with any success but to his credit I think he's done a pretty good job ... with a little help from Amy Pond of course :D And now she's gone it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Back