Superheroes Elektra (2005)

What Did You Think Of Elektra?

• It was absolutely awesome! It was Jen's best movie yet...but it was too short! I didn't want it to e

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good..a bit more than I expected...

• It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

• It wasn't all that great...I expected more out of Jen and would maybe think about buying it?

• It was terrible! What was Jen even doing in a film like that? I'm very dissapointed in the all-aroun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
i had to say it was definitely better than i expected - course then again i had very low expectations going in :lol:
but it was totally a good movie
i mean its not MY type of movie (my type of movie would be more of a 13go30) but i totally enjoyed it

and the 'we'll find eachother' line i was like OMGOMGOMG hahahh

mystery_chick said:
:lol: that's funny because after she said "we'll find each other" I said, "We always find each other" :lol: even though that's not the line. :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1160109"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hahah yes! that what i was thinking too

iheartalias said:
HAHAHA, so did I! 😆

Just got back from seeing it. Better than I had expected after all the things I read about it. The sheets scene was a little weird to me and the snakes grossed me out, LoL. I also agree that romance was bad and sooooooo forced but I thought Jen was great - the fight scenes were awesome but it seemed that the bad guys got killed off a little too easily. Despite the inevitable flaws, I can say I highly enjoyed it. :smiley:
[post="1160159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i agree the sheets scene was really messed up & the snakes were totally creepy

Well okay for the romance you have to give them credit. Elektra's true love is Daredevil so it's not suppose to get all lovey dovey. It's like chemicals without a beaker.... if that makes any sense at all... :thinking:
--mandy :angelic:

Quite frankly I don't know if I still want to see Elektra. (n) The critics say it sucks and on Internet movie database(imdb.com) many people share the same opinion. Bad ratings and bad comments there. After I saw the teaser poster(ages ago) I got very excited. I have been dying to see Elektra. Have watched every possible trailer and featurette there is.
I was kinda hoping it to be good. Some have even said that it sucks as much as Catwoman and we all know it was awful.
I feel sorry for Jennifer now. :(

Quite frankly I don't know if I still want to see Elektra.:( The critics say it sucks and on Internet movie database(imdb.com) many people share the same opinion. Bad ratings and bad comments there. After I saw the teaser poster(ages ago) I got very excited. I have been dying to see Elektra. Have watched every possible trailer and featurette there is.
I was kinda hoping it to be good. Some have even said that it sucks as much as Catwoman did and we all know it was awful.
I feel sorry for Jennifer now. (n)

First of all ... go see it a second time, knowing what the critics have to say, and you'll love it even more ... because I did ... ;)

As for the critics ... who cares ... if you gonna be worrying what they say about the movie, then you will never be able to enjoy the movies the way you are suppose to ... ;)

Elektra is a great movie ... and deserves to be seen for it ... and I am sure most that say it was just an OK movie or mediocre at best, say this because they are much into comics ... and you should see this movie as just that ... a movie ... forget about the comic-part and you will enjoy it ... (y)

As for being as bad as CatWoman ... Oh please, you can't compare the two movie ... CatWoman was bad ... as it is ... and there was no bad guys for her to fight, besides Sharon Stone who became stone human because of the product she was using ... stupid film ... and to compare this movie to CatWoman is outrageous ... :thud:

Elektra had its bad guys, 5 actually, which were not those kind of bad guys that would not die ... and I would say that 5 was a bit too much, but every single one of them counted in the movie ... the way they died, might seemed to easy, but you wouldn't want them to rise from the dead again ... and fight Elektra ... (because then you would still complain) ;)

The first 30 minutes, were just an introduction of the characters ... and the storyline ... and I don't why they would have cut that .... someone said it should have been called "Elektra on vacation" ... but if she had gone to that place and then went to kill the father/daughter, and then hesitate to kill and just walk off ... then you would still ask why she didn't ... so thats why the first 30 minutes of Elektra vacationing was important to the movie ... as she was getting to know that family, without knowing that they were the ones that she was suppose to kill ... :blowup:

The storyline behind Elektra's mom ... was great because it gave her the necessary means to kill the one who killed her mom ... (I can't remember his name now) ...

All in all ... its a great movie ... way better than DareDevil ( and I love DD) ... 4 stars ... for a great movie, great entertainment, great fight scenes ... (y) (y)

btw ... at some point in the movie I was like, they should have called this movie ... "Alias : Elektra" ... when Elektra was talking on the phone with McCabe, and he was like "Tell me about the view, I have heard its" and she hung up ... I was like ... "typical Marshall" :lol:

then when she got Abby in her house, and ABby was running ... at first glance I was like ... "what Lauren doing there?" :thud:

and ofcourse, the way she walks and the fight-scene ... all reminded me of Sydney Bristow ... (y) (y)

Are you a fan of the comics? I'm not, I just went in as a Jennifer Garner fan and that's it. I really liked the movie. I did get nervous reading everything that people were saying but of course none of them actually had seen the movie. But anyway after it was over I really didn't understand why it got such bad reviews because I thought it was good. My dad actually thought it was good and he's pretty tough on movies. But likeI said I went in as a Jen fan and nothing more, I'd had nothing to compare it to and know what they did or didn't do right.

people that are too deep into the comic-world will always have something to say about these type of films ... and I know, everybody is entitles to their opinion, but seems to be they were going to the movies to see comic adaptation, already knowing that this could not always use all the info on such charcaters ... there will always be flaws in the movie since they can't give all that is known about such character ...

And now, I don't read comics, but I do enjoy a great movie ... and this was a great movie ... despite the flaws you say you didn't see as being a comic reader ;)

You should just go into the theather and forget what you know about the character and just plaine enjoy the movie ... (y) (y) you would really enjoy it that way ... ;)

I thought it was pretty good, although her character was a little underdeveloped. But I love Jen, so what can I say? ;)

SE were awesome too ^_^

Man, I'm so upset. We have 2 major movie theaters in my town and neither has Elektra! :( So then last night we drove to a different city and they had some power problems and nothing was working. :( I want to see this so bad!

lenkid said:
Ok, so I just got back from watching it, and I thought it was ok.  I was/am huge into the Elektra comics, so I was disappointed that it was not as dark as the comic lines of her character.  It had some great fight scenes in it, and I was loving the red costume, but it was just lacking the comic feel that Daredevil had.  I didn't like the little girl storyline, and Goran Visnjic just kind of seemed to be there, and didn't serve any real purpose.

Anyways, I'd still recommend it to anyone to go see, it's definitely worth the 10 bucks or whatever to get in.
[post="1159821"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

bingo....

someone else with SOME knowledge of the backstory & comics :cool:

the little girl storyline was a wee bit lacking and otherwise something tha didnt need to be there, much like Visnjic....

This movie was a waste of my time and money. I should have waited for it to come to dvd first. Daredevil was much better. Even Jen could not save this movie from its bad plot and poor action sequences. Yes, some of the special effects were cool. Too much emphasis on the other characters. I was expecting more action sequences.

i'm like so postitive she did...she's awesome and her arms are like WHOA...i saw it and when she did that i had to yell " wooow go jen" THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME.

i'm like so postitive she did...she's awesome and her arms are like WHOA...i saw it and when she did that i had to yell " wooow go jen" THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME.

this movie isn't supposed to be about romance and love lines...it's about elektra finding herself after all of what she's been through and how she see's herself in the girl and how much she doesn't want another girl to be just like her, and how much she's given to protect her and make sure it doesn't happen

this movie was one of the best ive seen. personally i believe that the special affects were way better then dd, and the way she used those sais were crazy. the performances were awesome. and as jess said above its exactly that.

i chuckled to myself during this scene because i was wondering the same thing??

i dont think so though, because the shots are chopped up, as in you only see either her feet or her hands...... but it would be cool if it was her!! her arms are like guns anyway

um no i definitely dont think she did them
first her arms are not bulky enough
second one armed pull up are like INSANELY impossibly hard
so there is no way jen did them -_-