Espionage in the 18th Century

I hope that you all will like this new fan fic. It is my first one ever. So bear with me. This story might be a little boring in the beginning, but all it does is sets the scene for the rest of the story. I've decided to take a new twist on this. so enjoy. I'll be able to post the story soon.

Well, here it is. a little short. hope you like it.

Takes place in 1776
The states will soon declare their independence from Britain.

CH. 1

King George: “I believe that I will be in need of someone to help me with the troublesome colonies. From sources inside the states, they are saying that my colonies will be declaring their independence from us.”
Gen. Thomas Gage: “Your highness, I believe that this rebellion should be nipped in the bud. And I know exactly who you will need to help you in suppressing these insignificant, little idiots. My soldiers and I will send for this person immediately.”
King George: “Thank you Thomas. You will be greatly rewarded for all of your special deeds that you have done for me.”

(somewhere in Russia)

Gen. Gage: “Do you understand what you have to do? Let me explain again. You will go to the colonies to find information about this so-called rebellion that is to happen in the near future. You will go under the alias of Bridget Whitman. You are the sister of the plantation owner Charles Whitman. This family is a Loyalist family and provides us with imperative information about the plans of the Continental Congress. Do you understand me so far?”
Woman: “Yes.”
Gen. Gage: “The rebellious think that the Whitmans are loyal to their country, but the family is really loyal to the king. Do not fear for your life, for you are in safe hands. For your mission, you are to gain the trust of James Madison. You must find out when this document will be known public. If there is to be a war, it is of the essence to find out what those plans are to be. You will be kept posted continuously for your instructions. Do you still understand me?
Woman: “Yes.”
Gen. Gage: “I know that while you worked with the Russian intelligence you were forced to do an assignment like this one. Do not worry, for you are a very important asset in this. I pray that you will do well and succeed. Your boat for departure will be tomorrow at noon. I wish you good luck.”
(Woman packing)
As she packs for her assignment she begins to reminisce about her last major mission for when she worked for Russia. She stopped thinking about it as soon as she thought it. The last thing she packed was a picture…

CH. 2

(Norfolk, VA)
At the Whitman’s plantation mansion

Kitty Whitman: “Francesca please bring us some more tea for the Olrato’s, and after that bring in the children for their bath. They are just filthy today because of this sweltering weather.”
Francesca: “Yes ma’am.”
Matthew Whitman: “Momma, can Francie take me to the fair today?”
Kitty: “No! Don’t worry the fair will be here for another week or so. You have all the time in the world.”
Mr. Olrato: “I hear that you are expecting your sister from Britain to come in a week or so…”
Charles Whitman: Yes, indeed I believe that she should be arriving next Tuesday. So…has there been anymore news of the declaration of independence from Britain?”
Mr. Olrato: “None so far. Just the usual, that it might be happening in a couple of months or so. I’m not sure on anything else.”
Charles: “We’ll have to wait and see then. I hope this does not happen. I say long live the King! These blundering fools that live here will be the end of us.”

Hey i know this fic sucks, but just bear with me. it probably is really boring, but you know what i dont' care. so here's the 3rd ch. maybe it's a little better.
CH. 3

Woman: (While on boat for colonies, flashback to instructions)
Gen. Gage: “I believe there is to be another spy among the Whitman family. We just received information on this. We were not able to inform the family. Do NOT tell the Whitmans just yet, we will notify you to tell them. You must find out who it is, who they work for, and why they are here. There is a little cabin in the nearby woods. They will be your backup team incase you run into any trouble. Once you find out the spy bring them there…”
She sighs…

(Philadelphia, PA)
The Bristow family is a very important family. They are personal friends with Benjamin Franklin. Mr. Bristow is the man that provides financial needs to the Continental Congress, and soon to be written declaration of independence. His daughter, Miss Sydney Bristow, is currently courting the very young assistant of Ben Franklin. Miss Bristow and Mr. Vaughn have been courting for almost 6 months now.

Jack Bristow: “So, when will Jefferson be writing this proclamation, Ben?”
Benjamin: “I think that he will be starting sometime next week. Myself and others will be over viewing and guiding his work.”
Jack: “Very good. Um…how is Mr. Vaughn doing?”
Ben: “He’s doing very well. He has just finished helping me with the bifocal glasses…He is a fine man Jack. Don’t worry so much; your daughter is in good hands with him.”
Jack: “I know, maybe to good of hands to be in. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. Sydney and I are having a picnic together at the park.”
Ben: “Have fun, it’s a beautiful day.”
(Some park in Philly)
Sydney: “Hey Dad, where were you?”
Jack: “I’m so sorry honey, I was running late. Ben kept me up with some new fangled invention of his. Don’t worry now you have me for the afternoon.”
Sydney: “Well, I packed a wonderful picnic for us. By the way, have you heard anything about this new spy coming from London?”
Jack: “No, not yet. It’s just the same. They’re coming in somewhere in Virginia. Syd, I don’t want you involved in this. You’ve already been in enough missions for someone your age. I never wanted to get you into any of this. It isn’t proper for a young lady to do this type of thing. You should be enjoying your time with friends and just taking pleasure in the simple things in life.”
Sydney: “Oh father, I don’t care. It can never be that way ever again. I know these past couple of years have been very hard for me, but I enjoy this. For a woman I feel extremely powerful. The only thing I wish I an able to do is to talk to my friends. Oh well, at least I have Michael in times like these.”
Jack: “Yes, I know dear…so…how are you and Michael doing anyway?
Sydney: “We’re great. We just went to an art showing. The paintings were so beautiful. I saw one that you might like. Maybe we can go tomorrow and you can look at it, and maybe even get it?”
Jack: Maybe. For right now, let’s enjoy this magnificent lunch you have created for us. I’m just absolutely famished!”

hey this is really not that bad! only just a slight suggestion: ur language is sometimes a bit too modern...........lol, but this is good and not too boring at all!

LOL We must be psychic, I just had the same idea. Well, sort of. It's a lot different, but it is in the past, around the same time period...

Anyway, this looks like it's going to be very interesting! Post more ASAP!

yeah, sorry about my language, i'm not good at that stuff, but i'll try my best, it might be a little while before i write more though, so thanks for the reviews.

Back