Drama Evita

The hit musical, based on the hit stage production by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, telling the life of Evita Duarte, a B-picture Argentinian actress who eventually became the wife of Argentinian president and dictator Juan Perón, and the most beloved and hated woman in Argentina.

saw it and loved it (y)

the only film Madonna did a great job in, since it was a musical ... she hasn't been able to show your acting style with no other movie ... ;)

i think i saw it on the plane when i went to Taiwan the summer of 1997. mind you, i was 10 and a movie with only singing was boring back then. when i watched it a few months ago (i luv Netflix), i actually sat thru it and it was good. i enjoyed it. but i heard that Argentinians were P.O.ed when they heard Madonna was playing Evita. but they were both very controversial and tramp-like. (dont mean to offend any Argentinians or Madonna fans who might be reading)

Hm. Well, as much as I liked the movie, I think that the original cast is much better (Mandi Patakin (sp?) and Patti LuPone). Madonna was good, and as much as I have a huge infatuation on Antonio Banderas, well, he can't sing, as well as he played the part.

I did like Madonna in "A League of Their Own", however. But I might be bias...that's my favourite movie ever.

Back