Family Secrets

poor kid... :( how can you kidnapp a little girl, they better not hurt her

so how about some answers ? :P :angelic:

liked the update very much
thanks for the pm and update soon :angelic:

Sorry for being so late with Feedback! :smiley: I loved this chapter. Especially this short Jack/Sydney Scene. :love: Can't wait for more. So please update soon. And thank you so much for your PM!

*Swipes at cobwebs and blows away dust*

Here it is!!

I know a number of you enjoyed this story and really wanted to know how it would all work out, so I am pleased to say I have recently begun to work on it again and I have brand new chapters for you all to read if your still interested.

People who expressed the wish for PMs will get them and everyone else who reads is welcome to ask and receive one as well. I live for praise and feedback so please leave your reviews here and dont be afraid to express your opinion.

Here it is for you my lovelies....

Chapter Thirteen:

“How is the girl?”

“Fine, not hurt.”

“Good I don’t want Katya seeing any bruises.”

Katya? Laura didn’t know any Katya; her mamma’s name was Natalya.

“Do you think she’ll bring him?”

“If she wants to see the little girl again she will.”

“What if she doesn’t?”

“Then… we get rid of the girl.”

Laura curled up into a ball and felt tears wet the material over her eyes.

“You think she can understand us?”

“No she’s just scared.”

“She’s been quiet the whole time; I thought she’d be screaming her head off.”

“Kids all act different under different circumstances.”

“S’pose.”

Laura wiped at her nose and curled up smaller in the seat, the plane was vibrating underneath her and the engines were loud, she had nearly been sick in the tummy when the plane had taken off… she didn’t like planes.

“Where are we meeting Ye’Katerina?”

“Some where secure.”

“Some where without interference?”

“Of course.”

“She’s unpredictable; Katya was always a wild card.”

“How do you mean?”

“She’s just as likely to kiss you as stab you in the heart.”

Laura felt her tummy rumble and sat up a little looking to where the two voices were coming from.

“I’m hungry.” She said softly.

The voices stopped.

“Get her something to eat.”

“Yes boss.”

Laura whimpered and curled up tighter as she felt the man get closer to her.

“Its ok kid, its just Rice cream.” He said pushing a spoon against her mouth.

She shook her head furiously from side to side.

“If you don’t eat this you don’t get anything else.” He warned.

She opened her mouth a little and nearly chocked as the spoon was shoved into her mouth.

She wasn’t hungry after a few mouthfuls she felt tired and wanted to go home.

“I don’t like planes.” She whispered.

“I don’t like kids but I’m putting up with you.”

“My Daddy’s gonna come find me.”

“Is that so?”

Laura didn’t like the way he was talking.

“Don’t talk to her.” Came the other voice.

“Yes boss.” He went away.

“You’re very brave.”

“I’m not fraid of you.”

“Why not?”

“Cause my daddy is gonna come find me.”

“Well for your sake I hope you’re right… for mine… I don’t think your daddy would even know where to begin to look.”

“My daddy can find anyone.”

Silence.

“Get some sleep little girl, we have a long flight ahead of us.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What do you mean missing? How can she be missing?” Natalya yelled.

“We have our best people looking.”

“Your best people aren’t good enough! Let me out, Sydney let me out of here I have to find her.”

Sydney sighed as she looked at the stricken face beyond the glass.

“I can’t Natalya you know that.”

“I have to find her.”

“I know and we have every available agent looking, looking into every lead every possibility. Natalya I need you to stay calm.”

“My daughter is missing! You expect me to stay calm!” She yelled slamming her hands against the glass and storming to the back of the cell.

“Getting angry doesn’t help the situation.”

“Sydney this is my daughter we’re talking about… she… she’s only three years old.”

Sydney nodded and watched as Natalya’s anger ebbed away replaced by fear.

“What’s happening? What’s being done?”

“We have all available agents scouring the area we also have them looking into your husbands operations, anyone who might be holding a grudge someone with the resources to pull this kind of thing off.”

Natalya bit her bottom lip and nodded.

“Please, I need you to stay calm; we are doing everything we can to find her.”

The door.

It was Jack.

“Dad? What are you doing here?” Sydney asked.

“I have a lead.” He announced looking from Sydney to Natalya.

“Who? How?” Natalya asked walking back to the glass.

“Katya Derevko.”

“What?”

“What? Why would aunt Katya be involved?”

“Apparently she has what these people want, one of their operatives, the deal is set for St Petersburg, warehouse district, your aunt is to bring the man there and they will hand over Laura.”

“Just like that?” Natalya whispered.

“These things are never easy but I think this is the best way to get your daughter back, give them exactly what they want.” He looked at her.

“St Petersburg? That’s outside moms’ sphere of influence; she doesn’t have any people there, does she?”

“No she lost most of her people when the Covenant took over, I don’t think she has any people there that could help us.”

“So you are on your own?” Natalya asked.

“Well there’s always Katya.”

“Who it has to be said can change sides at the drop of a hat.” Sydney added.

“Katya would never betray Irina; anything she may have done was only ever done to help her, to help you.” Natalya said strongly and a few things fell into place for Jack, he made a few mental notes before looking to Sydney.

“Go Dad, Nadia and I will work it from this end.” Sydney urged him.

“I thought you and… Your sister would want to run this one.” He said softly trying to get over the blockage in his throat when he said sister.

Sydney smiled slightly, “Nadia has a good repour with Aunt Katya but I wouldn’t trust her alone with my sister and she seems to have some kind of respect for you…” Sydney went on not noticing the flicker in her fathers’ eyes when she said it.

Natalya noticed and narrowed her eyes at the man reading his face and eyes as he nodded and looked from Sydney to Natalya.

“I’ll do everything I can to bring your daughter home.” He said earnestly to Natalya, possibly the only time he had said something to her that wasn’t dripping with disdain.

“If you don’t Agent Bristow… I’m not going to be the only Derevko your going to have to watch out for.” She warned softly, her arms crossed over her chest her eyes dark, stormy and threatening.

He nodded and smiled at Sydney before turning and heading out of the cell block.

Sydney watched her father go before turning to Natalya who watched the older man leave with a furious look on her face, her jaw was set and her body was trembling slightly.

“My dad is one of the best agents in the world, your daughters going to be fine.” Sydney smiled trying to bring her a measure of comfort.

Natalya nodded and tried to smile but her facial muscles wouldn’t allow it.

“I want to see my husband, right now.” Natalya said softly her voice almost threatening, Sydney noticed when her voice lowered more of her accent was noticeable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The drop is to be made here, at a ware house, I know the district well and Irina used to have a store house right around the corner, here.” Katya pointed on a map of St Petersburg as she and Jack went over the plan.

“Any particular reason for this ware house?” Jack asked as he sipped his water and looked over the area again.

“None that I know of, it may have significance to the people who have Laura but so far the only other reason is its proximity to Irina’s old storage house.” Katya leaned back in her chair and looked Jack over, his silver grey hair, the dark turtle neck he was wearing.

“Can we take advantage of the terrain in anyway?” Jack asked looking up from the map to search for blue prints.

Katya thought on it for a moment while Jack sifted through paper.

“Da, there is an over head gangway, rather precarious and rusted in places, accessible only through stairs on the south of the building.” Katya said sitting up and helping him move the mountain of paper work.

“While you make the trade, I can wait up there; keep a scope on them if they try any double cross.” Jack said as Katya found the blue prints and spread them out on the table between them.

“They’ve probably thought of that Jack.” Katya shook her head slightly.

“Possibly, possibly not, if they have I’ll have company up there.” He said watching her as she ran a hand through her short hair and down the back of her neck.

“This has to work Jack.” Katya said softly and for the first time since he’d met her he recognised an emotion, fear.

“Why are you so invested in what happens to this little girl?” Jack asked sitting back in his chair and studying the woman across from him, dark jacket over the top of an even darker shirt and black slacks.

“Lets just say I have a personal stake in her returning to her family, safe and unharmed and anyone that gets in my way is going to suffer the consequences… slowly.” She stood up and headed to the front of the plane to speak to the pilot and left Jack wondering a few things about his sister in law.

So what did ya think? Not bad for a come back post? let me know! You know me, i love feed back! I love reviews! So please, let me know!

ALERT

There are three people on my contact list who did not receive a PM about this new post.

IrinaandSyd
Juliane
Steffi

I tried sending it to them multiple times so they would know but for some reason it says they dont exist or something. If anyone knows whats going on or whats happened to them could you please let me know in a private PM.

Thanks so very much

Faela

i hope that laura is going to be ok . i wonder what katya is hiding from jack ??

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

Oh I´m sorry that I don´t give you a review. I have it read but than I have forgotten to review :hide: . I´m really sorry.
Your update is fantstic hope you don´t let wait use to long for the next.

This update was great. Laura is so cute! I wonder who this other person was who ordered the man to stop talking to Laura.

Can't wait for more and thanks for your reply on my story! I've just read it. I really appreciate that. :D

poor Laura, hopefully they can rescue her soon

“Katya would never betray Irina; anything she may have done was only ever done to help her, to help you.” Natalya said strongly and a few things fell into place for Jack, he made a few mental notes before looking to Sydney.
mmh... what did Jack realize?

thanks for the pm and update soon

I've got new and old fans!! Yay! you all came back!! well most of you and im so very pleased you all did, gives me the warm and fuzzies. So since you all have been waiting so very long.

Chapter Fourteen:

“Sit still!” Raged the voice.

“NO! I wanna home! I want my mamma!” Laura screamed filling her lungs after every word so they were delivered very very forcefully into the ear of the man that had his huge arms wrapped around her trying to keep her still.

“Shut her up!” yelled another voice.

“I’m trying!”

“LET ME GO!! MAMMA!! I want my Mamma!” She screamed long and loud.

“If you don’t shut her up, I will, permanently.” Laura heard a clicking sound and blinked behind her blindfold… what kind of thing made a noise like that?

“The boss said she wasn’t to be hurt, do you want to be the one to explain why she’s got a bruise on her head if you pistol whip her.” Said the man who was still struggling to hold the wriggling three year old.

“Just keep her quiet or so help me…”

“Shut up kid and you might live to see your 18th birthday.” Grunted the man as he dumped her unceremoniously into something.

“I WANT MY MAMMA!” she shouted, her voice echoed back at her and she shrunk away from the sound.

“That should keep you out of the way till we get what we asked for.” Said the man who had been holding her

There was a creaking, like the floorboards in their kitchen at home then a banging sound, it echoed around her and she whimpered softly, sniffling and crawling backwards till she hit some kind of wall.

She felt the wall behind her and ran her fingers over it trying to find out how big the room was she was in; it wasn’t very big at all and Laura began to realize it wasn’t a room. It was a box… a really big box.

“I want to go home.” She whispered curling up in a corner, tucking her hands against her chest to stop her fingers being so cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, are we clear?” Jack asked as he stood with Katya in a frozen street in St Petersburg, their cargo was trussed up in the back, sedated and handcuffed.

“No Jack; go over it one more time, slower please.” She rolled her eyes at him.

“No need for sarcasm.” He retaliated; pulling open the passenger side door and sliding in as Katya walked around to the drivers side and slid in.

“Sometimes I wonder how Irina put up with you for so long.” Katya said with a shake of her head, turning the ignition and gunning the engine.

Jack didn’t say anything, he didn’t want to give her any ammunition; he still wondered how she managed to stay out of trouble with her sister, unless Irina didn’t know what had gone on between the two of them.

“What exactly is your father doing?” Jackson Samuels questioned Sydney as they stood outside of his wifes glass and steal prison.

“He’s meeting with a contact.” Sydney explained, not really wanting to give him too many details.

“And this contact has what? Information on the men who took Laura?” he asked shaking his head trying to wrap his tired and confused mind around it.

“They may have a way of negotiating for your daughters’ release.” Nadia explained to him, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear and keeping it out of the way of the ear piece she had clipped over it, keeping apprised of the work that Marshall was doing.

“Who exactly is this contact? Can they be trusted?” Jackson demanded.

Sydney and Nadia swapped looks, Natalya had been silent sitting on the edge of her bunk her head dropped, her long black hair falling about her face hiding her blood shot eyes and puffy cheeks from view.

“Katya, Jackson, Agent Bristow is with Katya.” She said out loud, her voice broken and chocked.

He looked down, shook his head and ran his hand through his dark hair.

“I don’t like it… too many things could go wrong.” He paced away from them and back again.

“My father is the best Agent the CIA has and Aunt Katya…” Sydney started.

“Is the best the SVR has.” Natalya said softly, the look on her face of someone so shattered they had given up even pretending to care any more, so broken and defeated they were too tired to keep their eyes open.

Nadia shot a look to Sydney which her sister returned; they each knew what the other was thinking.

“I’m going to go check in with Marshall and Eric, see if they have anything new to report.” Nadia said softly with a look to Natalya.

“Mr Samuels Nadia might need help going through your operations, see if theirs anyone who might fit the profile.” Sydney suggested seeing how agitated he was, he wasn’t helping the situation pacing back and forth in front of his wifes cell.

He nodded, shot a sad look to his wife and followed Nadia.

Sydney sighed and took a deep steadying breath.

“You should go home Sydney, rest, get off your feet. It’s not good for you to be stressing.” Natalya said in a soft, barely audible voice.

“I’m not leaving.” Sydney turned to the imprisoned woman behind the wall of glass.

Natalya nodded and barely managed a tight lipped smile.

“Now I understand.” Natalya whispered, her eyes welling up with tears as she looked at Sydney.

“Understand what?” Sydney asked curiously.

“Why she cried.” Natalya replied as fresh tears filled her eyes and she dropped her face into her hands to hide behind her curtain of dark hair.

Sydney didn’t understand but decided not to ask, right now, Natalya obviously had other things on her mind other then explaining her cryptic sentence.

So? What ya think? Leave me a note to let me know :D More soon!

Back