Family Secrets

Natalia´s little coment at the end got me intrigued , i wonder what she was talking about ???

i can´t wait for more , please udpate as soon as possible ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

Since I was asked so nicely and you've all said such nice things about my story, i have for you a new update!

Chapter Fifteen:

“I trust she hasn’t been any trouble.”

“She’s been quiet for the last few hours.”

“Good, we’re meeting up with Katya in an hour make sure she’s had something to drink.”

“Boss, how do we know Katya will comply, I mean, what does she care for the kid, she never struck me as the particularly maternal type.”

“She’ll comply, Katya doesn’t have enough of a spine to try and pull off any double crosses.”

It went silent and Laura thought she heard a door shut some where but it was hard to hear through the very thick wood.

“Obviously he doesn’t know the woman as well as he thinks he does.” Muttered a voice; over her head.

“What do you think this is all really about?”

“I don’t ask stupid questions, you live longer that way, just give the kid some water and get ready to roll out.”

The lid was opened and Laura scrambled away bashing her head on a corner and cutting her fingers.

“Stay still kid.”

She felt droplets of water hit her skin and sat very still, he took her hands that were still bound together with rope wrapped in cloth to stop the rope cutting into her skin.

A glass was shoved into her hands and she shakily took a few sips, her lips hurt and her throat was itchy but the water was nice.

“Easy kid you don’t want to choke.” Said the voice.

The glass was eased out of her hands and he touched her fingers gently.

“You’ll be going home soon kid, don’t worry.”

“Laura… my names Laura.” She whispered.

Silence.

The lid creaked and she felt it get dark again.

“She doesn’t seem scared.”

“She’s a tough kid.”

Laura didn’t feel tough, she felt scared and tired and thirsty she just wanted to go home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I never thought I’d see the day Katya Derevko bowed down to the wishes of a thug like Dean.”

“If you don’t shut up you’re not going to.” Katya growled as she leaned against the side of the dark car that was parked facing the large loading doors of the ware house.

Her companion was handcuffed to the doorframe and was sitting on the edge of the back seat.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, “You don’t scare me Derevko.” He hissed.

Katya grabbed the door frame and shoved it backward slamming it into his knees.

He howled in pain and tried to reach his knees but the handcuffs made it impossible.

“You don’t have to be scared of me, just know that if you keep talking I’m going to sew your mouth shut and throw you in a lake.” She hissed at him her eyes smouldering.

He nodded and whimpered trying to pull away from her but she pulled the door back towards herself and he was flung forward smashing his head on the door frame.

“Now sit still.” She said rearranging herself on the car so her stance was relaxed and calm.

“Was that really necessary?” Jack asked in her ear, he was on the landing above keeping his eye on things below with a computer set up and satellite imagery of the surrounding area.

“It got my point across.” Katya said softly looking away from the coward she had trussed up so he wouldn’t hear her.
“You’re a very persuasive woman Katya I’m sure you could have gotten your point across without the need for violence.” Jack muttered.

“And take all the fun out of it.” She smiled.

Jack shook his head and looked over the images again, there was a large black car heading their way.

“Heads up, our friends have arrived.” Jack said in her ear and he noticed her nod ever so slightly as she confirmed what he was saying.

She could hear the car crunch over the gravel and took a deep calming breath, she needed to stay focused and calm other wise this whole thing was going to go to hell in a heartbeat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Listen very closely little girl, there’s going to be a woman here that’s going to take you home, when we stop we’re going to talk with the lady then let you out, your to walk straight to the lady, understand, don’t stop and don’t turn around.”

Laura nodded; she knew the voice was the voice of the boss; the one who told the other men what to do.

“Good.”

She heard crunching sounds and felt the car stop.

Katya eyed the dark car, her eyes travelling over its sleek appearance, behind that darkened glass was a terrified three year old. She had to make this right.

“I’ve got a clear line of sight up here.” Jack said in her ear and again she nodded ever so slightly.

A door facing her opened and she tensed waiting to see who it was that was going to be leading the exchange.

“Ye’Katerina.”

Katya glared at him coldly, her eyes narrowed, no one called her that, not even her sisters.

“Or do you prefer Katya now?”

“You have Laura?” she said not buying into his small talk.

“I have, do you have my operative.”

“I have a snivelling coward if that’s who you’re referring to?” Katya snarled.

He smiled and noted that she didn’t seem to have any back up, no body guard, no driver, just her, she was either supremely confident or she really did care about the little girl.

“I trust she hasn’t been hurt, it could turn very nasty for you if she has.” Katya warned darkly.

“Oh my dear of course she hasn’t, what kind of monster do you think I am?” He clicked his fingers and the other door was opened.

A burly man stepped out then turned and pulled something out of the car.

Little Laura her dark hair messy and un-kept her cheeks covered in dirt, her hands tied in-front of her.

Katya couldn’t see any bruises or cuts but that didn’t mean she didn’t have any.

“Now, my operative.” He pressed.

Katya glowered but turned to the door and unlocked his handcuffs, reaching in she dragged him to his feet and shoved him onto the concrete floor, his face smashing into the solid surface.

“Gerhardt, get up and walk towards the car.” He called out, he looked to the burly man who lent down and pulled the blindfold off Laura’s face and untied her hands.

Laura blinked and closed her eyes tight, the bright light hurt her eyes and she didn’t want the bad men to think she had seen their faces.

“Go on kid, walk towards the nice lady.” Said the man behind her.

Laura opened her eyes and looked forwards; on the other side of them was a woman, dark hair, long dark jacket, standing in front of a car.

She licked her lips and started walking away from the car trying to keep her eyes forward and not look back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerhardt dragged himself off the concrete and staggered to his feet watching the little girl walk towards Katya.

“It’s been fun Katya.” He snarled at her before he stumbled towards the car.

Katya growled at him before turning her attention to Laura who’s whole body was shaking from fear.

“Come to me little one, your going to be ok.” She bent down and reached out for the little girl.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura broke into a run and ran towards the lady the mean men had called Katya, she was cold and scared and just wanted to go home.

Katya caught the little girl up in her arms and held her tightly, standing up she pressed the small child to her body and wrapped her arms about her protectively, making hushing noises and kissing her head gently.

“Your safe now Laura, I’m going to take you home sweetheart.” She whispered as Gerhardt got closer to the car.

Laura could only hold on tightly and cry.

Katya reached under the little girls’ body and in the pretence of moving her weight pulled a gun that she had hidden.

“Close your eyes and cover your ears little one.” She whispered to Laura before she levelled the gun at the back of Gerhardt’s head.

:D hehehehe Read review and enjoy!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: never mess with the derevko family , that´s a lesson that the thugs that kidnapped laura will learn ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

great chapters

“No Jack; go over it one more time, slower please.” She rolled her eyes at him.
:lol: , that reminded me of Sydney in one of the very first eppies when she asked Vaughn if he could show her again what a paperbag looked like

“Close your eyes and cover your ears little one.” She whispered to Laura before she levelled the gun at the back of Gerhardt’s head.
woah, you really should stay away from the Derevko's or at least never go against them :P

good that little Laura's free and safe again

thanks for the pm, can't wait for more

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Hey, thanks for the personal PM! I missed alot, huh? I did enjoy catching up, though! I'm glad to see this story again. Can't wait to see more now! :smiley:

BTW, you said when you sent the message you got a message that I didn't exist. I tried for about two weeks to sign into my account and it told me the same thing. It finally corrected itself and I'm glad- I didn't like not existing!

Well before my net disappears *grumbles about parents* I'll see if i can get this up and PM every body.

Enjoy!

Chapter Sixteen:

There was an explosion of sound and Laura visibly jumped in Katya arms.

Jack watched as Gerhardt fell forward onto the car and slid down the side, the back of his head a scarlet colour.

“Damn you Katya.” He hissed, fingering the trigger on his rifle waiting for the other men to pull weapons.

“If I can’t have him, no one has him.” Katya said spinning away from the men and wrenching open the front door of the car as bullets sprayed the concrete floor, wall and side of the car.

Jack levelled his weapon and pointed it at the burly guard, a single shot to the shoulder had him down for the count and his second shot was for the driver who was still seated in the car.

“Take cover! Sniper!”

Katya was way ahead of them; she shoved Laura over to the passenger seat and slid into the drivers slamming the door as bullets ripped into the back door.

“Stay down Laura.” Katya yelled over the explosions of sound.

Laura wriggled down the seat and curled up on the floor under the dash board, her small body easily fitting into the space. Katya gunned the engine, slammed the stick into reverse and looked over her shoulder as she put her foot down and the car shot backwards.

Jack had gotten off at least six shots that had brought down the guards and the driver, but he didn’t have a clear shot of the man who had run this little operation, he had been smart enough to dive for cover as soon as Katya had pulled her weapon.

He slammed the laptop shut and picked it up, standing up he leaped over the small whole in the gangway and ran for the door that lead to the out side. He knew that Katya was their centre of attention and he had at least a minute before they noticed the sniper wasn’t firing any more.

Katya spun the wheel and the car spun to the left and kept going backwards, she looked up and saw the outside door slam open and Jack come leaping down the stairs.

She looked down at Laura who was looking up at her, her ears still covered.

“Are you alright sweetheart?” she said out of breath from the adrenaline.

The little girl nodded but didn’t seem ready to come out of her hiding spot.

The back door was flung open and Jack dove in, Katya looked over her shoulder for a second before slamming the gear into drive and getting them the hell out of there.

“What the hell were you thinking?” Jack raged at her as he got his breath back.

“I was protecting my family Jack; he knew too much, he would have put us all at risk.” Katya yelled back, her eyes focused on the road as they pulled into main stream traffic.

Jack leaned back in his seat and waited for his heart to stop hammering before he spoke again.
“Is Laura alright?”

Katya took her eyes off the road for a second to look down at the still frightened three year old.

“Are you alright sweetheart?” Katya asked softly in Russian.

“Da, I think so.” She nodded, resting her chin on the lip of the seat.

Jack was too tired to be shocked, the fact that she had a Russian mother would account for her speaking Russian, the fact that Katya knew she could speak Russian was a little unsettling.

“Are we going home now?” Laura asked softly.

Jack watched from the other end of the cabin as Katya sat with the little girl in her arms, slowly rocking back and forth, humming gently occasionally as the exhausted little girl slept.

There was little family resemblance between Katya and Irina but the way she moved and acted was very similar, Jack could remember nights of watching Irina putting Sydney to sleep the exact same way.

He stood up and made his way down the aisle with Katya watching him with a soft smile on her face.

He sat down across from her as Laura shifted in Katya’s arms and Katya shifted to accommodate the girls’ weight.

“She seems to be sleeping ok.” He said softly, he had expected nightmares and fitful sleeping from the traumatized child but she seemed to be sleeping well enough.

Katya nodded and brushed the girls’ dark brown hair away from her face.

“She’s too tired to have nightmares.” Katya smiled and gently patted Laura’s side.

Jack nodded and watched them both quietly for a few minutes.

“Why do you care Katya?” he asked softly.

She looked at him; her eyes had always felt like lasers piercing his body, searching him out, her uncanny knack for doing that rivalled her sisters.

“There have already been too many lost children in my family Jack; I wasn’t going to let this little girl be another.” She said softly pulling the warm blanket over Laura who squirmed a little.

“Hush little angel.” Katya whispered running the back of her fingers gently over Laura’s cheeks.

Jack sat in silent contemplation for the remainder of their flight, Laura only woke up once for food and drink and was soon fast asleep either on Katya or on the seat next to her but he noted that Katya didn’t once leave Laura alone, she seemed marvelled by the small girl.

From the plane they took a car down town to the sub way station that Jack could use to access APO, Katya was quiet the whole time, rocking Laura gently and looking out at the city.

As they descended the stairs into the station Jack looked around quickly then looked to Katya who seemed to be expecting him to say something.

“You…” he started.

“Cant go in, I guessed, you wouldn’t want an SVR operative seeing all your fancy high tech spy gadgets.” She smiled and gently disentangled Laura from around her self and passed her to Jack who looked rather awkward holding the sleepy three year old.

“Thank you Jack.” Katya said softly watching as Laura made her self comfortable and Jack looked down at her rather nervously.

“For what?” he asked genuinely surprised by her sudden change in demeanour.

She smile enigmatically and turned to head back into the day light.

“Katya!” he called out to her and she stopped to look down at him, that same enigmatic smile on her face.

“If you see Irina…” he began but stopped, he wasn’t sure what he wanted to say but Katya seemed to be on the same wave length.

“I’ll think of some thing to tell her.” She smiled and with a swish of her long jacket was gone.

Jack sighed and looked down at the small girl bundled up in his arms.

“Lets get you to your parents.” He said softly as he headed to the red door that lead to APO.

:D let me know what you think! Read review and enjoy! hehehehe more soon, i think maybe two more chapters and I'm finished... wow.... *faints* i cant believe it!

wow loved the udpates, srry just got caught up!! but its so close to being done, but we still dont kno the connection between katya and Laura...cant wait for the next chapter!

so what's the connection between all of them?

it's good the kid's going to be safe and back to her family

I guess now everyone has learned not to mess with the Derevko's, with none of them. it's not good for their health, to say the least :P

thanks for the pm and update soon :angelic:

:D I'm glad your all enjoying and catching up! Its nice to see you Eyghon, I was worried my PMs werent getting through to people.

Ok, I know I said I had two chapters to go, but im not sure I can make the story run into Two chapters... I might be able to, I'll see what I can do...

Chapter Seventeen:

Arvin Sloane stood back from the small knot of people that stood outside the cell that housed Natalya Samuels; he watched the interaction between people, Sydney, Nadia and Weiss, Jackson and his wife. The door to her cell had been opened and people could walk freely in and out but Natalya hadn’t stepped one foot out side her glass prison. Arvin silently thought to himself that she probably felt as if her whole world had contracted to the size of the room.

He stepped forward and cleared his throat to announce his presence to the group.

“Mr Sloane.” Jackson stood up from his wife’s side and addressed his superior.

“Anything?” Sydney asked crisply.

Arvin smiled and he watched as Sydney blinked and tried not grind her jaw, a habit she had probably picked up from Jack.

“Jack and Katya returned this morning, successful, Laura is safe and sound, Jack took her to medical services to be checked over.” He said softly noting the changes in everyone’s faces.

Weiss grinned and turned to smile at Nadia whose face broke into a huge smile, Sydney sighed and ran a hand over her head and nodded to herself.

Jackson smiled and turned to Natalya who had shot to her feet when Arvin had entered the room.

“Is she alright? Is she hurt?” Jackson asked.

“Jack says she’s just fine, a little shaken but that’s only to be expected.” Arvin replied before turning and heading back into the main office of APO.

Weiss hugged Nadia, then Sydney and shook Jackson’s hand; Jackson patted him on the back a stunned look on his face.

“I told you man, told you we’d get her back.” Weiss grinned as Sydney and Nadia hugged and Sydney lent on her slightly shorter sisters shoulder for a minute to calm her heart rate.

Jackson nodded and turned to smile at Natalya who was watching the door Arvin had left out of, her whole body trembling.

“Baby you ok?” Jackson asked noticing her posture.

“Fine, I just want my little girl.” She stammered, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I’ll go and get her.” He smiled, stepped over to her and kissed her gently.

“Everything’s alright now.” He said gently.

She smiled a little and nodded, her stomach was churning and her heart was hammering in her chest, it wasn’t ok, nothing was ok until she had Laura in her arms.

He headed out with Weiss and left Sydney and Nadia with Natalya.

“Are you sure you’re alright?” Nadia asked gently.

Natalya nodded and brushed her hair back from her face and wiped at the few remaining tears on her cheeks.

“DADDY!” Squealed the now awake and alert Laura Samuels.

“Oh my angel.” Jackson gushed scooping her up and holding her tightly as Weiss stood by and watched with a smile on his face.

The young nurse who had been looking her over smiled.

“Is she alright?” Jackson asked her kissing Laura’s head and pressing her to him.

The nurse nodded, “She’s fine, a few little cuts and a bump to the head but other then that she’s fine, she’s been given food and water, she’s a very brave little girl.” She smiled at them then headed back to her work.

“I missed you little one.” Jackson whispered to Laura.

“I missed you too daddy, I missed mamma.” She sniffled.

“Come on angel, lets go see Mommy.” He smiled at her as she leaned back in his arms.

“Mamma’s here?” she breathed.

He nodded and kissed her nose and cheeks, “She’s been waiting for you.” He smiled.

Weiss winked and lead the way back to the holding cells.

“I don’t like planes daddy, the bad men made me get on a plane.” Laura yawned and nuzzled into her fathers chest.

Jackson shifted her weight and kissed her forehead, “Well no more planes for a while huh?” he smiled.

Laura nodded and as they neared the corridor that lead to her mothers cell Jack walked over his usual stoic expression softening just a little when he saw Laura.

“Mr Bristow.” Jackson said rather formally, not really knowing what to say to the man who had both ruined his family and saved it.

“Samuels.” He nodded at him and smiled at Laura.

“Mr Jack saved me daddy, he’s nice.” Laura smiled at him.

Weiss gave a choked cough and tried to hide his grin; Jack just gave him a low voltage version of the ‘Bristow glare’ and turned back to Laura and Jackson.

“I’m glad everything worked out.” He said softly.

Jackson nodded and held out a hand for the older man to shake, Jack looked rather trepidatious about it but accepted and shook his hand before slipping away to his office.

“Not very good at receiving thanks is he.” Jackson noted to Weiss.

“Jack? No, not really.” Weiss agreed with a smile.

Jackson shook his head and headed down the hall way.

“Mamma!”

Natalya never tired of hearing that voice.

Laura nearly leaped out of her fathers arms when she saw her mother.

“Hello my sweet.” Natalya smiled and took Laura from her father cuddling her tightly.

“Ooo sweetie I was so worried about you.” Natalya backed up with her and sat on the bunk holding her close.

Laura was just happy to be back with her parents; Jackson smiled at the two of them sitting there.

“A lady came, Katya, she saved me.” Laura said softly.

Natalya looked at her and brushed her hair away from her face and kissed her softly.
“We’ll talk about it when we go home sweetie, for right now I just want to look at my beautiful little angel.” She hugged her close and felt her self control break and fresh tears roll down her face, she didn’t think she had any more tears to cry but apparently she was wrong.

Sydney watched the reunion with her sister and felt Nadia wrap an arm around her shoulders, Sydney looked to her sister and smiled, if only they could have such an easy time reuniting with their mother.

“She’s a very strong child.” Arvin noted watching the fed from the cell on his laptop.

“It’s genetic.” Jack said quietly.

Arvin looked at him and smiled in the way that made peoples skin crawl.

“I’m sure we can release Mrs Samuels, I don’t see any reason to further traumatize her and her family.” Arvin said sitting back in his chair.

“You would know more about that then me.” Jack said coldly before turning and heading out into the ball pen of the office.

Arvin watched him leave then turned his attention back to the monitor.

Wow, Ok so maybe I can make this into Two chapters, this one and my Epilogue.

The Epilogue will be going up today because I want to finish this story and concentrate on writting the FOUR other stories i'm working on. Thats right folks my creativity knows no bounds... except when my muse takes off to the bahamas for a weekend or something... Anyway, this story will be finishing in the next 48 hours. If you want any PMs about my other stories or dates for when they are hitting the boards give me a shout and I'll PM you with the details.

Thank you all so much for your love and support and fantastic reviews, they have helped me get back into the saddle and get back into writting Alias Fic.

I hope you have all enjoyed my wacky creativity.

As always, read, review and enjoy.

Back