Forum Sigs

Nnem

Cadet
So who has this enabled? I like to look at them maybe once a week or so, see if anyone has changed them. I really dont like them on all the time though, most of them are pretty cool, but they make the posting pages so weird looking, and kinda messy at times. Its easier on my eye to have them off :smiley:

What about you?!

Do you have any other settings that you have played with, that turned out to work really well for this forum?

I turned Avatars off a long time ago. Also I do the same thing with sigs most of the time. I just like viewing as many posts at once as the system will allow me and letting cheapo animations bog down my browser is not cool.
Otherwise other features? I love quick reply, but that's about all I use.

I leave sigs and avatars on. My eyes just automatically skip over any avatars/sigs that they've gotten used to.

I keep both on. The reason is you get used to the avatars/sigs and can tell who's who without looking at the name. Plus some people put a lot of work into theirs and there kinda nice ta look at.

Luciro said:
I turned Avatars off a long time ago. Also I do the same thing with sigs most of the time. I just like viewing as many posts at once as the system will allow me and letting cheapo animations bog down my browser is not cool.
Otherwise other features? I love quick reply, but that's about all I use.
Heh, so you turn them off whilst, youself, run an animated avatar? Irony? ;)

Everything on as well. I love seeing signatures, and avatars. I start to recognize who the person who posted somethign is just by there signature as stated above.

blur said:
Heh, so you turn them off whilst, youself, run an animated avatar? Irony? ;)

Well with it off I don't see it, but for those who do wish to see them they can enjoy. Nothing ironic about it.

Luciro said:
Well with it off I don't see it, but for those who do wish to see them they can enjoy. Nothing ironic about it.
Er... you said:

... letting cheapo animations bog down my browser is not cool.
Yet you run such a 'cheapo animation' for your own avatar to bog down other user's browsers.

That, Luciro, is irony. It doesn't matter whether other people can turn them off or not... you consider these things 'cheapo' and bogging down the user experience... so you're clearly no fan of them... yet you still elect to use them. That, I hate to break it to you, is very much irony.

The use of words to convey a meaning that is opposite of it's literal meaning? I did that with my statement?
I just like viewing as many posts at once as the system will allow me and letting cheapo animations bog down my browser is not cool.
No where in my post does it say, I dislike the use of animated avatars. The meaning of my sentence is; I can't run avatars and look at 50 to 100 posts on one page without it hiccuping IE. There's folks out there with browsers and connections that this doesn't happen to, so for them I let them see my name "Burn" written as a Japanese Kanji symbol that I animated to look glittery.
It's not cool when my browser tries to load up 10 to 50 animated avatars. Plus I do believe my animation is cheapo, it's 3 frames that took me all of 4 minutes to craft. Nothing in my sentence is opposing it's literal meaning.

Well, I'll let you in on a secret... most of the avatars I can see around here aren't animated... mine included. You can browse with confidence :smiley:

That's okay. I don't mind them being off, plus past experience to the contary of your reply is why they're off now.
I'm sure I'm not missing anything life altering thanks to an 80 x 80 gif image. Animated or not.
But everyone else, by all means, enjoy the avatars. Hell if you want a kanji image BLINGBLINGED up holla at me. Or even a letter.
Blur, would you like a kanji meaning 'blur' probably.. Blue in color that twinkles?

Back