Go download WMP11b.

F

frostydf2

Anyone who uses winamp, or windows media player. I encourage you to go onto google, and search for 'Windows Media Player 11 beta'. This is the most amazing media player I have used, and is up their with amerac(sp?).

It's free too. So give it a go :smiley:

Haha, well maybe I'm glamorizing a crappy (?) product, but I belive this media player is some seroius kick trash software. I don't see how winamp would be better. I don't seem to get the highs, and lows in winamp that WMP gives me.

VLC is better than both Windows Media Player and Winamp. Combined. And then multiplied by two.

Why you may ask? For one, it uses next to nothing of your CPU power. You can play any music you want and do anything your processor could normally handle.

I've tried VLC. It is a very good multimedia app, but I like the compactness and the options display of WinAMP. VLC is just too... clunky... I have tried a few different skins, but nothing comes close to the interface of WinAMP. Even when I've dual-booted my computer into Linux I tend to use XMMS.

's just a personal preference. There are a few things that WinAMP can't do that VLC can, so I'm not against it either. Personally, I'd use that before using WMP B)

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Czidvar@May 31 2006, 03:13 PM
<-------- Must be doing something wrong cause he doesn't mind Microsoft products and rarely has any problem.

Czi
Honestly, I think my personal distaste for M$ came with learning to use Linux. A friend installed it once on a second computer of mine some 12 years ago, and ever since I've been a Linux addict. Most Unix (Linux) based software is freely available to download and install, and much of it is open source, allowing you to alter programs to do what you want.

I like the highly customizability of such systems, and over time, I've come to dislike the strictness MS puts into theirs. Want this functionality? Pay more for it. A simple example is Microsoft Office. Try finding a job without having a resume in word format? Near impossible. I had plain txt and .rtf format, then I found OpenOffice.org... FREE office software compatible with MS Office. So lets see... spend $100's of dollars on MS Office, or FREE OpenOffice.org? Free won out. That's just a short simple example of my own tho.

MS products are good, provided their thought out, not full of security issues, not "bloated" (ie: take up lots of CPU and/or memory and/or system resources), and fill a niche the public needs/wants. I would love to use Windows and Office, but I can't afford to spend $100's on software, I do need to buy groceries B)

One thing I don't like about MS Windows Media Player is all that licensing and DRM felgercarb where you can't open a file you have on your computer due to an uninstalled license. Though I am kind of shooting myself in the foot, as the company I work for also hosts DRM licensed media... *sigh* (DRM= Digitial Rights Management)

~ Jaraeth

I've downloaded it and I like it so far, but I found a few places on the net where it asks me to "upgrade to WMP 10".. kind of ironic, I thought.

Originally posted by Eve@Jun 11 2006, 01:20 AM
I'm still using WMP 10. Will I have much problem then with WMP 11, since it's beta?
I have yet to have a problem with WMP11b yet Eve, and I love it!

Back