Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Anyone here ever read it? I'm reading it right now for school, and its not bad, just a little hard to comprehend. Sparknotes really helps with that tho ;)

ugh...i hated that book. i'm not a big fan of charles dickens and mark twain. did you know that charles dickens was payed for how many words he wrote, that's why his descripstion are like descriptions of the description. lol. but yeah, i would get really bored reading great expectations.

Charles Dickens isn't the worst about wordy descriptions (I think some American writers like Hawthorne and Poe are even worse), but he can get pretty long-winded.

Great Expectations has some really cool twists and surprises though; that is, if you don't already know they're coming, but since it's such a famous book, most people do.

A Christmas Carol is my favorite Dickens book (not only because it's the shortest.) I usually read it every December.

:lame: I hated this book!! I had to read it 2 years ago for english class, I didn't even finish it because I hated it so much. My friend Anne and I were like, "We'll get an F on the test if it means we don't have to read it anymore!" But other people in my class loved the book, so I think it all depends on taste.

Back