Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Alien Soup, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Alien Soup

Alien Soup Head Chef

Guardians of the Galaxy is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the tenth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The film is written and directed by James Gunn, with a story by Gunn and Nicole Perlman, and features an ensemble cast including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, and Benicio del Toro.

In Guardians of the Galaxy, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. In order to evade Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a group of misfits including Gamora, Rocket, Drax the Destroyer and Groot. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

2. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

I am so freaking excited for this movie.
    I'm not a GotG comic fan, I don't know anything about them except for some vague information, but I've been waiting for a fun, crazy, space adventure that's not afraid to BE fun and crazy. I've been twitching for this since Thor 2 when I was watching the screen and thought, "Hey, that woman's pink!"
    I'd say this movie is a risk for Marvel, what with being pretty much an unknown team outside of the following of the comics and there being a talking raccoon, but I think Marvel is taking the calculated risk to see just how much crazy the public is willing to accept.

You have no idea how happy I am that Marvel is bucking the trend of doing 'Dark & Gritty' movies.

3. Biorider

Biorider Ensign

I guess Rocket Raccoon is going to be one of the reasons to watch this, although there are going to be serious aspects. Like what's happening in the rest of the galaxy in the Marvel movies universe.

4. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

The second official trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy has been released; below is the UK international version. Oh, and it's been confirmed that Nathan Fillion does have a cameo in the movie as well.

5. Biorider

Biorider Ensign

Well, we can expect action, action and action. But it'll be fun.

6. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

Guys, go see this movie. It's excellent!

7. Biorider

Biorider Ensign

8. screenersam

screenersam This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!

Seems like most recent action/sci fi movies are deadly serious (new Batman series, Godzilla, most recent Star Wars, recent Bond), and I think there's a huge desire for something lighter and just fun. (like the original Star Wars / New Hope.) They found a good niche.

9. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

Boy you're not wrong. I think that's GoTG's real strength. It has heart, but 5 minutes in and you're watching Star Lord dancing through alien ruins to cheesy 80s music.

10. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Blue Swede is cheesy 70's music. :D Not a fan older stuff?

11. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

70s, that's right. Mistyped. But he's not dancing to Blue Suede, he gets pummeled to them.

12. Biorider

Biorider Ensign

Perhaps today it's hard not to make a good quality movie, with the budget and effects. But it sure depends on the execution, too.

13. Birdman

Birdman Birdman

It really is a helluva ride. Really really good. When I first looked at this thing a long time ago, I thought they were frigin crazy for making it but I was so...so very wrong.

14. BudBrewster

BudBrewster Captain

I saw this movie with no preconceived notions, based solely on a friend's recommendation. I was not disappointed. I haven't bought the Blu-ray yet, but I probably will.

It's a ton of fun! :D