Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from the movie, and to be honest, I was really disappointed. But, overall, it was good.
Scale 1-10, what would you choose???

I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I thought it was pretty bad, espeically as someone who's favourite book was the fourth one. It was just very choppy and disorganized. They started half of the ideas (such as Rita Skeeter and the whole Malfoy is a death eater thing) and never finished them. Just... baaaad. ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

I thought it was pretty good, but the directing could have been much better, and Dumbledore seemed a little off character to me. I'd give it an 8/10, just because of the directing... it was just... off. (y)

Is it just me, or when you read the book, Dumbledore is MUCH sweeter and no
so aggressive? Think about the 1st movie.... He was so gentle and understanding.... But when the origanal actor died, (RIP) the other guy came in and now is all mean....

Anyone else?

I thought it was pretty good, but the directing could have been much better, and Dumbledore seemed a little off character to me. I'd give it an 8/10, just because of the directing... it was just... off. (y)

Krum was NOTHING like he should be. He's suppose to be all quiet and loner-ish instead of all macho. <_<

The movie should have been divided into two parts. Where the movie didn't seem rushed or crunched, especially for those who haven't read the books, but for those who have, like myself, it wasn't as nearly developed as it should have been.

The effects WERE good, like the dragon, and the underwater task. But you could TELL that they were forced to leave some sequences out. Example, the Quidditch scenes. ALSO the first task. They just cut to Harry's turn. I was hoping to see everyone else. But the budget, or time probably became a problem. That's why it needed to be more than one movie.

The maze WAS short, but sweet. I was held in suspense during that entire sequence. And I've READ the books. But I was underwhelmed by the final task. I was hoping to see the little showdowns in the maze. I mean it looked like it was easy for them to reach the Cup.

I *LOVED* the graveyard scene. Definitely the best scene of the movie. Ralph Fiennes did a phenomenal job as Voldemort. Just great. Although I don't remember that final showdown between Voldemort and Harry to be that.....short.....and that....weird with his parents there and everything. I really didn't get it. I haven't read the book in a while. But it didn't make sense. They didn't do a good job of explaining exactly what happened.

I liked the movie. It wasn't anything special, but I liked it. It just felt that nobody was there and that it was just a tournament. There was barely any outside plot other than TASK ONE, TASK TWO, TASK THREE, SHOWDOWN, ROLL CREDITS. No Snape, No McConagal, NO MALFOY, no Hagrid. The movie was basically Harry, Hermione crying, Ron hating Harry, and Moody.

Moody was great though! Better than I expected him to be portrayed. Very vivid and borderline insane. Loved him.

Dumbledore was his usual UNUSUAL character. ( Richard HARRRISSSS!)

I don't think it should have been rated PG-13. There wasn't anything bad! It was just blood on Harry's arm and that's it! This movie had the least amount of violence and blood than all of the movies!

The only scene that really grabbed me in this movie was when Harry brought back Cedric. That scene was very well done. I even loved what Dumbledore had to say about Cedric at the end.

So, it was really good. But definitely not GREAT.

so aggressive? Think about the 1st movie.... He was so gentle and understanding.... But when the origanal actor died, (RIP) the other guy came in and now is all mean....

Anyone else?

Yes. Especially during the part where Dumbledore went and friggin attacked Harry after learning he was chosen as a Triwizard Champion. Jeez. BRING RICHARD HARRIS BACK FROM THE DEAD! lol

Krum was NOTHING like he should be. He's suppose to be all quiet and loner-ish instead of all macho. <_<

I didn't think that they made him "macho". He barely had any lines in the movie. I mean.....no honestly, what did he ever say? At the very end he told Hermione to write him, but that's all I remember him saying. He was always running alone, or standing there coldly. I thought he was portrayed quiet well.

I went to see it last night. Personally I thought it was pretty good but only because of the GREAT special effects they had. However taking away these special effects kinda left a shell of a movie with minimum character development.. It was kinda stinted.. but its understandable since honestly there wasn't really enough time for anything in it.. they cut alot of scenes short and it shows.. On a scale of 1-10 maybe a 6..

QUOTE(TotalAliasFreak @ Nov 19 2005, 08:41 AM) *

Anyone else?

Yes. Especially during the part where Dumbledore went and friggin attacked Harry after learning he was chosen as a Triwizard Champion. Jeez. BRING RICHARD HARRIS BACK FROM THE DEAD! lol

Definitely.. I haven't read the book in a while but is that what really happened? You wouldn't have thought so..

The effects WERE good, like the dragon, and the underwater task. But you could TELL that they were forced to leave some sequences out. Example, the Quidditch scenes. ALSO the first task. They just cut to Harry's turn. I was hoping to see everyone else.

That disappointed me to.. I was looking forward to see the others but then it just skipped from the beginning to harry's turn..

The only scene that really grabbed me in this movie was when Harry brought back Cedric. That scene was very well done. I even loved what Dumbledore had to say about Cedric at the end.

Really? I agree with you about the graveyard scene.. unexpectedly i was sitting at the edge of my seat wondering how they were going to portray Voldemort. It was very well done.. but when Harry brought Cedric back.. i dunno if it was just me but i thought that scene was really badly acted out.. i felt like laughing which kinda ruined the whole atmosphere..

Ah.. the first Dumbledore will be missed alot..

I'm not a very big Harry Potter fan, i don't read the books but I enjoy the movies. I think this one was okey. not that good and not that bad eather.

What is going to be the next movie? "The order of the Phoenix" ?

The fourth book was my favorite, and I thought that the movie was pretty good compared to it. All I thought that was really off from the book was Dumbledore's charcter. He was not so angry in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.